[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is /mu/'s opinion on sample-heavy music? What do you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (477 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
477 KB, 1600x1600
What is /mu/'s opinion on sample-heavy music?
What do you think it takes to use samples in the right way?
What's the wrong way to use samples?
>>
kanye
>>
>>61319892
I wish there was more of it, it's just difficult to produce so there's not as much as there should be

Samples can be as obvious or hard to spot as they want, just as long as they're used well. Only thing I'd say is frowned upon is if you'd do something like Marcel and make a song nothing but an unedited loop.
>>
>>61319975
>it's just difficult to produce
taking already produced music and calling it your own is difficult to produce
>>
>>61320459
It is to make something good
I take that you don't know lots of sampled based music right?
>>
>>61320490
i literally never heard of beck
>>
>>61319892
You already posted the best OP, grats
>>
Speaking of Beck, anyone know what samples he uses in the song Hollywood Freaks? There's no way all those sounds are original.
>>
The Go! Team is the shit
>>
>>61319975
thats because he literally just does paulstretch in audacity and nothing else

you actually can make a original song using nothing but audacity and samples but not the way he does it
>>
>>61321291
I already know that, thanks though
>>
>>61321253
personnel list was insane on this album, this might not be too much sampled grooves
>>
>>61321408
oh, damn. good song.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.