[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /mu/ think of this album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: yeezuscover.jpg (186 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
yeezuscover.jpg
186 KB, 1000x1000
What does /mu/ think of this album?
>>
>>61318063
It's his best by a long shot
Love the Aphex Twin rips
>>
>>61318063
Overrated weak attempt at jumping on the industrial hip hop bandwagon.
>>
>>61318076
>industrial hip hop bandwagon
>things that do not exist
>>
It's pretty good. The middle kinda drags, but the first three songs and the last two are excellent.
>>
>>61318105
yeah this really
>>
>>61318063
Best song is Bound 2
inb4 blood on the leaves contrarians
>>
>>61318063
it's just bad
perfect example that Kanye needs time and a lot of "additional artists" to make a good record
>>
>>61318063
7.5/10

Would've worked better as an EP.
>>
Fantastic album
>>
>>61318082
>industrial hip hop doesn't exist
listen to #nofilter by Jonathan Mathis (the second half of that really long song) and tell me what genre it is if not industrial hip hop. It literally sounds like if Trent Reznor could rap.
>>
>>61318063
Not as good as The Money Store
>>
>>61319036
>Jonathan Mathis can rap
lmao ok Jonathan
>>
>>61318146
It has the most replay value for sure
>>
It's his best

His fans are mostly pleb though so they don't realize that progressing a genre is the most important thing a creator could do.
>>
>>61318328
I think it's his best, but I totally agree that it should have been an EP
>>
If anyone thinks this is his best you are actually retarded.
>>
I like it, some lines are corny but it's decent. Not his best work tho.
>>
>>61318063
Black Skinhead is the only track I got much enjoyment out of, and it's only ~3 minutes.
>>
>>61318063
8/10.
College dropout is like 9.25/10
>>
>>61318146
Never really understood this.

Give this album shit for being pop rap disguised as industrial hip-hop if you must, but at least it does it cohesively. And Bound 2 sticks out like a sore thumb. Yes it's done intentionaly but that doesn't excuse it. It's ok, but there are much better songs (Black Skinhead, Blood on the Leaves, I Am God).
>>
If you could take the smell of steaming diarrhea and turn it into sound, it would be Yeezus.

>>61318082
definitive jux comes to mind. blegh.
>>
File: yeeeeeezy.png (154 KB, 828x887) Image search: [Google]
yeeeeeezy.png
154 KB, 828x887
It's pretty damn good. Nothing groundbreaking, but it's fun, interesting and different. Blood on the Leaves, Bound 2 and Black Skinhead are god tier songs. Overall it's pretty gucci, familia.
>>
>>61319396
>lmao you just don't get it
You know, I'm sure that many of the people turned off by Yeezus truly don't understand experimental music or industrial music. But many of the people criticzing it, like me, geniunely love when artists can experiment and try new things.

But trying new things is not the same thing as making a good album.

>>61318063
Yeezus is dogshit. It is the only time since Government Plates that an unfinished, uninspired, and lackluster album gets praised for being different. It's seriously like Kanye didn't even try. I would be fine with Kanye going all Death Grips and industrial and shit, but you can't just lyrically barf all over unfinished beats and call that an effort. 3/10
>>
>>61319036
>>industrial hip hop doesn't exist
I actually think what that anon was implying was
>an industrial hip hop bandwagon doesn't exist

I would criticize your reading comprehension but it was your own words so this must be embarrassing for you
>>
>>61318063

It's a fun album, but nothing groundbreaking and I don't think it was trying to be.
>>
It's a poor man's Death Grips with shitty lyrics, shitty autotune and terrible singing...
And I love it.
>>
>>61318063
forgettable
>>
its great but the money store pretty much exceeds in everyway this album tries to do.

but songs like guilt trip and im in it are such growers
>>
>>61319829
perfect

what are your other ratings? i think ours would be pretty similar

college dropout - 9.25
late registration - 8.80
graduation - 7.2
808's heartbreak - 7.8
mbdtf - 9
yeezus - 8
>>
Lyrically it's definitely his worst but sonically it's probably his best.
>>
>>61320907
Thizzz
>>
>>61318146
This is true
>>61318072
Didn't he rip from Aphex Twin on MDBTF, not this one?
>>
>>61321930

agree
>>
>>61318063
7/10 album
>>
Kanye's production was absolutely on point. In my opinion, this album features some of his greatest production work. His lyricism and rapping on the other hand is some of his weakness. Kanye proves himself worthy of being in the discussion as one of the greatest producers in rap with seamless integration of grime influences, but not in the top three Kanye albums in my opinion (which are Late Registration, College Dropout, MBDTF).
>>
>>61318063
Death Grips rip-off
>>
>>61322935
Get out of here, pleb. Death Grip's better leave Ye's name out of their mouth.
People don't know the difference between experimental percussion and grime. baka.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.