[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong after this album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4
File: 5174T5VFAXL.jpg (53 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
5174T5VFAXL.jpg
53 KB, 500x500
What went wrong after this album?
>>
they put out their 2 best albums ever?
>>
>>61318050
Morning View was really good
>>
They were never good to begin with?
>>
who cares, as long as s.c.i.e.n.c.e., still exists i never need to listen to another incubus album ever
>>
>>61318054
>>61318057
b8
>>
File: ACLOTM.jpg (60 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
ACLOTM.jpg
60 KB, 300x300
Incubus are a frustrating band, you can tell they were talented but made the decision around Make Yourself to pander to the mainstream alt rock of the time. even their good albums feel like they're holding something back

This is their best
>>
>>61318220
i'd say this is where they started to go downhill
>>
they started playing music for chicks
>>
why was fungus amongus so shit
>>
>>61318340
because it was a nu-metal band on mushrooms?
same with SCIENCE, i don't understand anyone who thinks that these albums were their peak and not Morning View and Make Yourself
>>
>>61318359
Morning View & Make Yourself is literally boring buttrock. I'd rather listen to Shinedown desu.
>>
>>61318340
It wasn't.
>>
>>61318359
SCIENCE is pretty well diverse in styles, every track has a different flavor to it and sticks out, it all flows together solidly, between intermissions, deep cuts and radio singles, it maintains that perfect experimental/accessible balance

plus it was fun, indulgent, silly, it knew that and ran with it
>>
>>61318340
fungus is pretty fun tho

the main distraction is how badly the singer wanted to be mike patton

if you can get past that and "weed lmao" it's enjoyable funk rock
>>
>>61318054
this
>>
Morning View is the only Incubus album worth a listen, and even then it's just barely.
>>
>>61318340
because it was a fucking stupid album trying to be mr bungle primus and red hot chili poppers at the same time
>>
>>61318050
absolutely fucking everything

incubus makes me suicidal because of how shitty they are, like i'm not even fucking joking or being melodramatic. every time i've listened to them i got this awful feeling in my chest and stomach that feels like an elephant sitting on top of me and taking a fat steamy shit that ricochets back onto my face. it makes it physically hurt to live and lasts for like 2-3 days after i hear it. if incubus starts playing in a store i just have to up and leave, even if i'm at the checkout. that's how bad it is.
>>
>>61318050
Why does he look so smug?
>>
BECAUSE THE MUSIC WAS SO MUCH CLASS
>>
File: what.jpg (19 KB, 575x323) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
19 KB, 575x323
>>61318604
why are you triggered by incubus
>>
>>61318590
>primus
oh yeah kek

the Trouble in 421 riff is straight up lifted from Harold of the Rocks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KstvyKaLj0g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOIa_EfOx0A

so shameless
>>
>>61318638
it's pasta
>>
>>61318340
Still better than everything after science
>>
You guys are lucky you're too young to remember Incubus fangirls with their

>dreadlocks
>vegan livejournal accounts
>glass weed pipes
>Brandon Boyd sketchbooks
>"hey who's holding?"
>tendency to find the sketchy guy at the music festival who had ecstacy and blow him
>>
>>61318659
ah
>>
>>61318604
I've seen this pasta before
>>
>>61318050
This is one of the most unique rock albums of all time. Seriously, what is one album that is similar to this?
>>
>>61318683

Fuck I do remember those. We're getting old anon.
>>
File: tumblr_n549udmTIq1qbtwyto1_500.gif (534 KB, 500x293) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n549udmTIq1qbtwyto1_500.gif
534 KB, 500x293
>>61318683
>>61318768
The memories...

>high school
>Morning View is my favorite album
>beta-orbiting
>s-sure I'll get high with you and ditch class for Warped Tour
>cucked by guy who claimed to backstage passes

I knew I couldn't trust anyone who liked Avenged Sevenfold THAT much. Fuck you, Ashley.
>>
>>61318050
What even is the best song on this album? Literally every song has been my favourite at some stage. (It's probably Calgone)
>>
>>61318980
my fav are deep inside, summer romance and magic medicine. the repeated 'i hate you' gives me goosebumps.

>tfw summer romance was your first lovesong
>>
>what went wrong after every nu metal band's debut album ever
>>
>>61318050
'Dirk Lance' is one of the greatest bass players ever. He has some serious musical and technical chops. Underrated. this albums bass playing is as great as flea on blood sugar sex magic. What are your favorite basslines on this album /mu/?

mine are

>the main line from idiot box as the line in the break. dadaduduuum dududadimdum

>the sick intense slap bass on certain shade of green

>super groove-faux line on summer romance

>simplicity and groove on deep inside
>>
>>61318994
>I can't see straight, straaay-aighhtt, straaay-aiigghtt
Thats hard to type out but I love the way the vocals follow the guitar line

Magic medicine is a legitimately great trip hop song
>>
>>61318683
These people still exist though, just change livejournal for tumblr

There are tons of girls who whore themselves out like that
>>
>>61319134
yeahh and the guitarist's solo afterwards is awesome and very melodic. he has some jazz chops.
also after the solo the high harmonization of the main bassline and the build up into the heavy climax. i think you could call the song a diptych
>>
Man that album art is late 90's-early 2000's as fuck
>>
>>61319127
>that spacey bass intro on calgone
>that fuzzy bass riff during the verse
Seriously though that bass line during the bridge on Idiot Box with the hip hop beat is one of the best I've ever heard
>>
>>61319256
>bass line during the bridge on Idiot Box
i agree its recognizable with great rhythm as well as sophisticated
>>
>tfw 90% of /mu/ user right now were not exist yet when this came out
>>
>>61319331
feeling old, too, anon
>>
>>61319331
Well I was 2 so I'm not much different. I got into this album at just the right time though, and love/loved it pretty much for these reasons: >>61318548.
>>
>>61318050
WOKE UP ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE BED TODAYYYYYYYY
>>
>>61319609
THEY PUT COLD THINGS IN MY BUTT BUTT BUTT
>>
is that uncle rico from napoleon dynamite
>>
"I know exactly where we are!"
>>
YOU GONNA STAND AROUND TIL 2012 AD?
>>
>>61318050
They sold out hard. Although Make Yourself and Morning View are enjoyable listens.

Actually even A Crow Left of the Murder is pretty good desu.
>>
ACLOTM is their secret best

They kind of temporarily un-sold out for an album. Megalomaniac aside, that album is pretty unique for a mid-00s alt rock band. I've never really heard anything else like it. le token DJ scratches are gone (the DJ guy was irrelevant after SCIENCE anyway) the guitar work and effects are much more interesting, there is more variety, the whole thing feels rawer somehow yet still very clearly produced and 'mainstream' in style... IDK, I just think it's their best work by far

Crow > SCIENCE > Morning View > the rest

Make Yourself is a pretty bad sellout album on relistening as an adult, it sounds like them trying to be Linkin Park before Linkin Park was even a thing. Morning View refined that sound and had much better deep cuts even if there were still a few cringey bro-rock cliches here and there. Fungus is fun but pretty shit really
>>
incubus is literally for autists
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.