[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How long between albums is ideal for you? as a fan.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: result2.png (77 KB, 500x331) Image search: [Google]
result2.png
77 KB, 500x331
How long between albums is ideal for you? as a fan.
>>
Time is irrelevant, quality is forever
>>
if you were a real fan you wouldn't give a shit
>>
File: d_angelo.jpg (330 KB, 1085x1189) Image search: [Google]
d_angelo.jpg
330 KB, 1085x1189
>>61315102
I've been through a lot .
>>
>>61315111

i bet you have big boy
>>
>>61315099
this.
>>
Ideally 1-3 years because that's about how long an album takes to make and have it be decent quality.
>>
why did artists in the 70s and 80s release an album every year or 2 while also touring etc?
Are musicians just lazy pussies these days? maybe drugs or something idk
>>
>>61315623
because we have faggots like this enabling them.
>>61315099
>>61315102
the apathetic generation in full swing
>>
2-3 years is fine
As a Gorillaz fan I don't mind 5-6 year gaps between albums because I know Damon Albarn'll release some other shit inbetween
>>
either 2-4 years

or 10+ years and each one is a genre-defining masterpiece
>>
>>61315645
>As a Gorillaz fan
>>
>>61315640
go to bed dad
>>
File: 1346193104984.jpg (74 KB, 708x787) Image search: [Google]
1346193104984.jpg
74 KB, 708x787
>>61315640
>>
>>61315099
yeah pretty much. it's contrived to stick to a time frame.

that said, i think you should give records a few months of revision at least before releasing them, if they're important to you. if you still love them 6 months later exactly as they were that's totally fine but in my experience hindsight serves well and is worth the pain of patience.
>>
>>61315653
Yeah I know my wording was pretty retarded there, sorry :^)
>>
>>61315099
I would agree but I had to really put a real timing, I'd say 2 to 5 years. Assuming it took 5 years to work on the album, not 3 years to enjoy the drug and then do it.
>>
>>61315623
It's not because they're lazy - there are two reasons:

1) The Beatles could record multiple songs in a day. They had a large production team, they didn't have the technology to have ten different guitar parts in one song and they knew their songs much better because they played so many gigs. Modern artists have the ability to spend months finely crafting a recording, making the standard of perfection higher.

2) These days the amount of people contributing to a record will most likely be the band members, plus a producer. Many hands make light work, but now there's less money in it, artists have to do more themselves.
>>
a year
i prefer artists who tour as little as possible and just make music. i know most can't survive that way but still, most musicians seem to hate touring anyway
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.