[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why do musicians peak early?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
why do musicians peak early?
>>
>>61309957
You're not seriously using Madlib as an example of this are you?
>>
pic unrelated

My guess is that their dream of making it as a musician isn't yet totally tarnished, and they genuinely are inspired and less world weary than older people. Therefore they are less rigid in their creativity.
>>
people in general peak early
>>
some of them burst on to the scene with only one or two new ideas to add to their area of work. after they've fully exhausted those, they make the same shit until they die
>>
Scott Walker peaked like 40 years after he began his music career
>>
>>61309957
Everybody does.
>>
Popular music relies pretty heavily on novelty. The industry doesn't encourage personal development, so artists generally milk the traits that set them apart until they've burned themselves out.

The only major exceptions are artists who come from an experimental or classical background, like Joanna Newsom or AnCo.
>>
>>61310077
>implying anco hasn't already hit their peak
>>
>>61310077
Newsom and AnCo have hit their peak and it's all downhill form here.
not that they will make bad music, but it's obvious that they will never make anything to match their earlier efforts.
>>
>>61310128
They might have peaked in 2009, but they've had a longer run of productive music than most musicians.

It's amazing how few bands or solo artists are able to develop their own talent for more than five years.
>>
ride is almost 40 so
>>
who are some artists who have been in it 15+ years and haven't peaked yet?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.