[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best Neil Young album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: gold_rush.jpg (462 KB, 1425x1425) Image search: [Google]
gold_rush.jpg
462 KB, 1425x1425
What is the best Neil Young album?
>>
>>61306062
yur lookin at it
>>
Déjà Vu
>>
Tonight's the Night
>>
File: Neil Young - On The Beach.jpg (47 KB, 455x455) Image search: [Google]
Neil Young - On The Beach.jpg
47 KB, 455x455
>>
Everybody Know this is Nowhere
I know - I was surprised too. max inspiration condensed on that one, and after that he's searching
On The Beach is one of his greatest, but it's also a pretty "down" record
>>
>>61306204
Cowgirl in the Sand is a fucking barnburner.
>>
>>61306241
that's what's so surprising: he's got two long ones to close out each side, and they're both incredible.
>>
Zuma just for Cortez and Dangerbird. Though the rest of it was meh.

If Live Rust counts then that.
>>
>>61306062
Time Fades Away and I'm not kidding.
>>
>>61306517
some elaboration?
>>
>>61306617
it's a very popular (at the time) artist self-sabotaging a bad situation and somehow the music is really amazing. Only Neil Young could pull that off.
>>
definitely not his best, but did anyone else like Mirror Ball and Greendale. As far as his "newer-ish" records go, i really like those. Also A Letter Home was a really good cover album.

Best is Everybody Knows this is Nowhere
>>
>>61306674
My favorite "new Young" album is Chrome Dreams II. No Hidden Path and Ordinary People are staggeringly good.
>>
>>61306723
will check out. thanks!
>>
>>61306723
Ordinary People is great. Not that familiar with rest of the album though.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.