[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is starting a band worth it /mu/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
Is starting a band worth it /mu/?
>>
>>61305634
if it becomes successful or you really like playing music ya
>>
>>61305634
do what i do, record the album solo. then show your band mates how to play each part live and make really cool sets that are pleasing to the eye
>>
it depends what your ambitions are and who you're playing with. if you've got a strong vision of where you want to take your music you've got to be playing with very likeminded people or it's not worth it and you should stay as a solo project imo.

do what u wanna do though
>>
is anything worth it
>>
no. learn ableton and take a singing lesson. bands are dead. find a producing partner if you want company.
>>
People tell me move to Nashville or LA.

Any thoughts on why?
>>
>>61305767
>>61305873
This is pretty much what I'd recommend. Bands are dead, learn multiple instruments, compose music, hire folks for live sets.
>>
>>61305964
>Any thoughts on why?
Nashville was really big in the 70s, and there's still lots of musicians there, LA has an okay music scene.

No matter what you have to move to a city.
>>
Sure, could be fun
>>
>>61305767
Hi Mac
>>
>>61305767
Kevin pls go
>>
>>61306014
>No matter what you have to move to a city.
for bands though

you can produce a whole album now yourself from anywhere you want
>>
>>61305767
Blow me, Jeff.
>>
>>61305767
What if I don't have drums?
>>
>>61308706
drum machine or program them
>>
>>61308706
if you dont, I just got samples off of freesound.org and organize the the sounds according to the metronome or something
>>
>>61305767
Do people actually wanna do this tho? Most musicians think they're special snowflakes with their own visions. I wouldn't wanna learn some other douchebags songs and just play live with no musical input.
>>
>>61305767
Thank you, Justin
>>
>>61308883
as side projects yes, all of impalas line up for example consist of members of pond and GUM
>>
>>61309049
Yeah sure, if you're touring the world people will be into it. If you can barely even book a gig who is gonna go to all of that effort tho?
>>
>>61305767
Thanks, Trent.
>>
>>61309113
friends. I always have friends to help me perform. I'm not saying that its better that way, but that's the way its been for me because I had no friends or people who wanted start a band until I started getting somewhat recognized. Bands that are tight nit and are close are hard to come by and should be greatly cherished. that shit doesn't come easy
>>
>>61305767
God bless, Butch.
>>
>>61305767
This is good advice, thanks Sufjan.
>>
>>61305767
Thanks Billy!
>>
>>61305767
love you, Will
>>
>>61305767
Great advice Kevin!
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.