[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust ass ettled, this was fairly boring?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: Joanna Newsom - Divers.jpg (48 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Joanna Newsom - Divers.jpg
48 KB, 500x500
Now that the dust ass ettled, this was fairly boring?
>>
Joanna is a shit tier songwriter for fat virgins that still play WoW.
>>
what were you expecting op
>>
this thread is a mess
>>
aoty
>>
Hugely disappointing compared to Ys and HOOM
>>
Modern folk is just really boring in general.
>>
her best songwriting and singing by far
doesn't have that "outre big band in neverland" flair like ys and is missing that "mustily recorded from ten yards away" gothica of hoom though, so i can see why most would be massively disappointed
>>
>>61303517
this
while still being decent, Divers was quite a mess desu senpai
>>
>>61303697
she's turned into a precious 21st century media darling. it's pathetic. whatever magic was there is gone.

she's just not good anymore, i'm sorry. she's running back and forth on a creative plateau that she reached at HOOM. oh, and the funky drummer on Leaving the City? put that on when i've ingested any poison and i'll immediately vomit up whatever poison is endangering my health less than that vile arrangement choice.
>>
Like, what are teh good songs on this album?
>>
It's great, but not as much as her other works.

>>61304699
>Divers
>Time, As a Symptom
>Goose Eggs
>Anecdotes
>A Pin-Light Bent
>You Will Not Take My Heart Alive
>Sapokanikan
>>
>>61304699
leaving the city, anecdotes, a pin-light bent, time as a symptom.

Sapokanikan sounds like the soundtrack to a sitcom. Most of the album is bland, and not what should be with Joanna's words and voice.
>>
You people are all fucking dumb shitposters this is aoty
>>
>4 days til 2016
>STILL doesn't get Joanna
KEK you guys are a sad lot
>>
>>61303834
lmao calm down
>>
Aoty. I saw her sing some of the songs from Divers a few weeks ago. She's even better live.
>>
>>61306782
>tfw seeing her in March
>>
Time as a symptom is my favorite song of the year.
>>
>>61306828
It was a amazing! I got to meet her after, she singed my Ys album and ticket.
>>
>>61306875
>I got to meet her after
how???
>>
File: ncoNwuh1tcGMYNE0[2].png (55 KB, 209x204) Image search: [Google]
ncoNwuh1tcGMYNE0[2].png
55 KB, 209x204
what will he give it?
>>
>>61307869
a spicy meat-a-ball
>>
>>61307773
She was selling the merchandise after the show. She talked and signed everything for anyone who asked.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.