[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Post your family's taste
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 3
File: hey there (folks).png (185 KB, 272x321) Image search: [Google]
hey there (folks).png
185 KB, 272x321
Dad: Pink Floyd, Yes, Frank Zappa, Negativland
Mom: Ween, Steve Reich, Stuff her choir is singing
Sister: The Microphones, Death Grips, Alva Noto/Sakamoto, Lady Gaga, Bjork
>>
>>61300989
Nice patrician family

Dad: Yes, Genesis, King Crimson, Gentle Giant, Beatles, Pink Floyd, Gordon Lightfoot, Warren Zevon
Mom: Eagles, Counting Crows, Beatles, Zeppelin
Sister: Top 40
>>
Dad: Queen, Dire Straits, Pink Floyd, Stevie Wonder
Mom: Bruce Springsteen, Mariah Carey
Younger Brother: Coldplay, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Green Day, The Smiths
>>
>>61300989
Dad - 80's pop, jangle pop, college rock
Mom - top 40, college rock, really likes television for some reason but likes no other post punk or good new wave
Older sister - top 40,"indietronica" (I thought it was broadcast and stereolab so I got excited when she told me she liked it, but its shit like passion pit)
Younger sister - top 40, tropical house

My family is pleb as fuck, they think that everything I listen to is noise, especially when I listen to the velvet underground
>>
Dad: Classical and chamber music
Mom: Adele and the like
Sister: Stopped listening to music after Transatlanticism

I'm adopted
>>
>>61301130

do we have the same dad
>>
Dad: Bob Dylan, Grateful Dead, Neil Young
Mom: Prince, U2, Coldplay
Sis: Beyonce, Nicki Minaj, Drake
Brother: Skrillex, other Dubstep
>>
>>61300989
Holy shit your family is patrician

Dad: 80's pop, Chicago, The Black Crowes, Yes
Mom: REM, Black Flag, The Smiths, Daniel Johnston
Brother 1: Lil Ugly Mane, i think some death metal, i don't know what else he listens to
Brother 2: Vidya/Anime OSTs, some classical, some vaporwave too
>>
>>61300989
Mom: Metallica, The Cure, Polish top 40
>>
Mom: top 40, dad and momrock, 90s alt rock, smooth jazz
Dad: dadrock, psych rock, old school techno

Don't have any brothers or sisters
>>
>>61300989
Dad: Pink Floyd, Kansas, Genesis, Yes, Nickelback
Mom: George Strait, Bob Seger, Alan Jackson, AC/DC, Johnny Cash
Sister: Justin Bieber (just Purpose), Modern Baseball, The Front Bottoms, 5SOS, The Wonder Years
>>
Dad: Madonna, Zucchero, Lucio Battisti, Pooh, Riccardo Cocciante, Peppino Di Capri, Toto Cutugno, Cugini di campagna, Nicola Di Bari, Marcella Bella
Mom: Doesn't really listen to music, just the hits of her times
>>
>>61300989
Mom: Grateful Dead, Animal Collective, Oneohtrix Point Never, King Crimson
Sister: Arca, Fatima al Qadiri, Run the Jewels, purity ring, Neon Indian
Dad: tfw no dad
>>
Dad: Blues
Mom: Joy Division / New Order
Sister: Indie rock/folk
>>
>>61300989
Dad: Top 40 and 70's and 80's rock songs
Mom: Hispanic Music (She's spanish and Cuban)
Sister: Top 40, generic slow love songs and generic electronica

All plebs
>>
>>61301559
Your mom sounds hot.
>>
>>61301429
No its dadrock
>>
>>61301652
>mom listens to OPN and anco
fuck dude i want your mom
>>
Dad: Top 40 Pop, Top 40 Hip-Hop
Mom: Whatever's playing
Brother: Top 40 Pop
Sister: Top 40 Pop, Radio Country
>>
Mom: Modern country, pop, anything that's on the radio.
Dad: Soul, Funk, Rock, Jazz, Roots Rock, Pat Metheny, Gorillaz, Derek Trucks
Brother: Pop Punk, Post Hardcore, Austin Jones, Pierce The Veil
>>
Mom: Bröselmaschine, Can, Some Krautrock bands I never even heard of, Amy Whinehouse for some reason, Punk, terrible edgy leftist folk, prog rock, Nico

Brother: Anime soundtracks, vidya soundtracks, Slipknot, Beatles, shitty German rap, System of a down (he is 19)

Sister: Trance mixes, goa, reggae, (it's weird because she never takes drugs) listened to rap when she was younger
>>
Dad: not really into music but he likes Scorpions
Mom: Jethro Tull, The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Queen, dadrock, 80's
Sister: top 40
Step mother: David Bowie, Billy Joel, Tracy Chapman
Step father: same taste as mother
Step sister: top 40
Step brother: Patrician as fuck. He is really into new musical ideas
>>
File: Casey's Cat.jpg (84 KB, 960x924) Image search: [Google]
Casey's Cat.jpg
84 KB, 960x924
>Dad
Late 70's Early 80's Post-punk/new wave and Hardcore punk of the time
>Mom
Top 40
>Step sister
Top 40
>little brother and sister
whatever mom listens to

My dad is pretty cool.
>>
Mum (correct spelling cause Britfag): Talk Talk, Human League, Foster the People, The Prodigy, Blur, Pulp, early Kanye, Gorrilaz, Black Sabbath, The Smiths, Elastica, Super Furry Animals
Dad: John Coltrane, Husker Du, Blur, Pink Floyd, Rush, De La Soul, Slint (The man is nearly 50 and he purchased Spiderland before I did), Super Furry Animals, Augustus Pablo, Television, Captain Beefheart (gave me his copy of Trout Mask from the 70s), Crosby Stills Nash and Young
Little Sister (12 years old): Jurrassic Five (me and my Dad made her listen when she was younger), Gallows (UK Punk band), Super Furry Animals, Iron Maiden, Nirvana, New Order, The Smiths,
>>
Dad: doesn't really care for music.
Mom: all kinds of classical, from gregorian chanting to 20th century avant-garde.
Sister: no specific taste, tends to listen to the kind of music that would be the soundtrack to an advert for a mobile phone.
>>
>>61300989
>>61300989

Mom: Mars Volta, Muse, Mike Patton related stuff, Josh Homme related stuff, Robert Pollard related stuff

Dad: Classic rock, Sabbaths, Purple, Zeppelins etc.

Both loathe hip hope equally but Ma thinks that Pharcyde's "Drop" video is a work of art.
>>
>Dad
Prog, mostly Yes, King Crimson and Rush, classical (Mahler and Shostakovich are his favourite composers), and opera

>Mom
Likes anything with a beat, pretty classic rock, funk and rap-oriented

>Little Brother
Prog and Kendrick Lamar
>>
>>61301798
your mom sounds cool as fuck
too bad her kids turned out so pleb
>>
>>61301911
cool parents cool dubs
>>
Dad: Zappa, The Cars, Elvis Costello, Bruce Springsteen, Country sometimes
Mom: Fleetwood Mac, Gloria Estefan, Martina McBride, Barry Manilow
Older Sister: Taylor Swift, Fun., mid-2000's pop punk (NFG/TBS/FOB type stuff)
Twin Brother: Cattle Decapitation, Leftover Crack, Zappa, Power Metal, J-Pop,
>>
>>61301918
not me :^)
>>
>>61301842
Your sister is on her shit for a 12 year old. Make sure she stays cool.
>>
so many fuckable moms itt
>>
>>61302001
Yeah she's doing well, we take her to a fair amount of concerts and festivals. She's probably the coolest twelve year old I've ever met when it comes to music
>>
Dad: Pixies, Grandaddy, Sparklehorse, Pink Floyd, Led Zep, TVU
Mom: The cure, muse, most of what my dad likes, talking heads
Me: The microphones, sufjan Stevens, biosphere
>>
Father: Huey Lewis, The Beatles, etc
Mother: Jazz/Swing/Etc, Contemporary songs touching on Hippie concepts, the least amount of effort possible
Sister: Top 40, Baroque Pop
>>
>>61302022
>>61302001
>>61301842
Too bad Gallows fucking sucks without Frank. Your sister's taste is invalidated.

>>61301848
Your mum seems like she'd be a welcome addition to my life. Your dad seems all right as well.
>>
>Dad
Pretty much anything from 50s,60s,70s including Chicago, Boston, disco, Frank Sinatra, The Eagles, 70s pop, etc. doesn't like much from the 80s onward except for some memetastic pop songs that he's been indoctrinated with from the tv
>Mom
same as dad except likes country more and more 80s stuff like Michael Jackson Lionel Richie , the Go Gos, etc, also some classical and church music
>older Brother
A mixed bag, he used to be a metalfag but then started listening to more pop music and country and buttrock, but also likes good stuff like Pink floyd and the Beatles, but doesn't like Animal Collective or anything like that, there was a time he was into taylor swift and paramore but now I think he's more into classic rock, we both can play guitar but he's more technical and structured whereas I like to just jam and freestyle and solo
>older Sister
classic rock, country, frank sinatra, 90s pop, top 40, I don't think she really cares what she listens to, she was a basic 90s bitch but I mean that in a loving way
>>
Dad: Prog Rock, New Wave, 80's and 90's mainstream metal and hard rock, 90's mainstream rap
Mom: New wave, a lot of local artists
Brother 1: Very deep into Hip hop, also likes some metal
Brother 2: He doesn't care vary much about music, listens to top 40 and some EDM i think, he's the only one to complain about my taste
>>
Dad: Ed Sheeran, Adele, Bon Iver, hates pretty much everything else
Mum: 80s synth-pop
Brother: Eminem, modern pop-country

kill me, at least Mum's stuff is enjoyable, like Adam and the Ants and The Human League.
>>
>>61302110
She only like Orchestra of Wolves, she wasn't down with their new stuff. I win
>>
>>61302177
>adam and the ants
your mum has good taste desu
>>
>Dad
Wasn't much of a music listener but apparently he liked Uriah Heep quite a lot. He also had a bunch of some weird italo disco LPs when he was younger. Mostly just listened to what was on the radio.
>Mom
Mostly 80s hard rock, glam rock and some metal. KISS, Whitesnake, Mötley Crüe, Scorpions, Ratt, Twisted Sisters, Accept and so on. Sometimes semi-ironically listens to some young female pop singers.

Don't have any brothers or sisters so that's it.
>>
>>61300989
Dad: Classic Rock, Prog Rock, Classical, Rn'B, Jazz. I name genres because he likes everything under the sun that isn't Hip Hop or Post 90's country.
Mom: World Music and 80's pop *cringe*
Grandfather: Classical and broadway showtunes
>>
>>61300989
Dad: Louie Armstrong, Donna Summers, Bruno Mars, Johnny Cash.

Mom: Guns 'N' Roses, Aerosmith, Green Day, Pink Floyd.

Sister: Beyonce, Taylor Swift, 50 Cent, Blake Shelton, music from the TV show Empire.
>>
Dad: Rolling Stones, Neil Young, Other dadrock
Mom: R.E.M., XTC, Tears for Fears, The Smiths, other 80s indie rock, New wave like Devo, Joe Jackson and B-52s, 90s grunge bands like Pearl Jam
Niece: Scene kid music like Blood on the Dance Floor and Sleeping with Sirens
>>
Dad: Doesn't really seek out music. He listens to NPR so he sometimes hears classical music.

Mom: mom-core; Billy Joel, Elton John, a soft rock radio station that's played the same 50 songs for a decade.

Brother: only three genres: cast recordings, really bad pop punk, and drag queen parodies of popular music.

>tfw no patrician family
>>
Dad: early doom metal, Black Sabbath, Metallica
Mom: Whatever is on the radio even though she only listens to it for their talk show hosts
Brother: MF Doom, Kendric Lamar, Tool,
>>
Dad: Rush, Pink Floyd, Pearl Jam, U2
Mom: Jim Croce and all 70s Billboard Top 100
Older Brother: Kings of Leon, Mac Demarco, Sublime.
Other siblings: Idk what they listen to
>>
Dad: Gospel
Mom: Crap, beyonce
Sister: Guitar music, some classical, some traditional, grunge (could have been patrish back in the day)
Brother: Drake, classic rock, top 40
Sister: The Weeknd, top 40
>>
>>61300989
>Dad: 70s and 80s hip hop, Texano Mariachi stuff
>Younger sister: Popular pleb things
>Mom: Smashing Pumpkins (probably, the only one I agree on) "Oldies", most country
>>
>>61300989
Dad: Kenny Loggins, Don Henley, Steely Dan
Mom: Enya, Maroon 5, Norah Jones
Sister1: MySpace era music like She Wants Revenge, Interpol, Thrice, and straightedge bullshit
Sister2: Typical radio pop
>>
>Dad - Literally exclusively reggae
>Mom - Reggae, Sex Pistols, Adele and Marilyn Manson
>Brother - Top 40, The Killers, 30 Seconds To Seconds Mars, Muse (He said muse were the most experimental town of all time)
>>
Mum: Punk, Post Punk, New Wave

Brother: Punk, Hardcore, Trip Hip, Hip Hop

Dad: Two Tone, Ska, UK82
>>
Dad: CCR, Jackson Browne, The Decemberists, They Might Be Giants, Guided by Voices, Bob Dylan
Mom: Natalie Merchant, Neutral Milk, Joni Mitchell, Janet Jackson, Mahalia Jackson
Brother 1: Stoned Temple Pilots, Jim Croce, Billy Joel, Bach
Brother 2: Counting Crows, Gin Blossoms, Neutral Milk, The A-Team Theme Song
>>
>>61303341
An experimental town? What like John Humphrey Noyes' Oneida Community.
>>
File: 1450247657211.png (227 KB, 401x738) Image search: [Google]
1450247657211.png
227 KB, 401x738
>>61300989
Dad: pearl jam, hall and oates, beastie boys, Jay-z, Justin Timberlake
Mom: cd's of mainstream radio pop that her girlfriends make for her.
Sisters: Radio mainstream pop

pretty fucking pleb family. I do like Jay Z kinda, beastie boys are cool. But overall shitty plebs :(
>>
>>61301130
>>61301559
>>61301681
>>61301681
>>61301809
>>61301918
>>61302113
>>61302459
>>61303732
>patrician
>pleb
are you all 12?
>>
Dad: PJ Harvey, King Crimson, Tom Waits, Cocteau Twins, Belle and Seb
Mum: Anything Paul Weller, Bowie, John Legend, 80s pop
Sister: don't know about bands, but mostly Black Metal, Folk and other Metal variants
>>
Dad: 2000s alt rock and classic rock
Mom: only Christian music
Sister: Top 40
>>
Dad: Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, the Smiths, Aerosmith, Queen, REM, U2
Mom: mostly 80's synthpop or adult contemporary music
Brother: Devo, the Beatles, the Gerogerigegege, jazz, eurodance, Drake, gabber, classical, 80's synthpop
>>
>>61301429
That would be like, so fucked up. I'd ask his name if I were you
>>
>>61303623
why is your family angsty teens
>>
Dad: Public Enemy, Gorillaz, the Misfits, Radiohead, Blue Oyster Cult, and a shitload of late 80's, early 90's hip-hop.
Mom: Mariah Carey, Britney Spears, 21 Pilots, and fortunately I don't know what else she listens to.
Step-mom: Classical and Irish folk music mostly.
Step-brother: frat rap, house music, and metalcore
>>
Dad : 90's pop punk, 80's glam metal, ACDC
Mom : 80's new wave, 2010 alt rock, Paul Simon
Brother 19YO : Trap
Brother 12YO : (odd mixture) Jack White, Queen, Daft punk.
>>
>>61300989
Mom: think about Muse, Oasis, Blur, Coldplay, etc. all that alternative rock stuff from the last decade. Also some mom stuff like Elton John or the Beatles.
My dad, on the other side, is a fucking enigma, I won't tell you anything because you'd think I'd be lying for how strange he is. Anyways, he's your average metal dad.
>>
dad: old folk music from a country he used to live in and country
mom: bright eyes, ween, radiohead, fleet foxes, evanescence
>>
>>61301716
Yeah she's definitely where I inherited my taste from.
>>61302113
>thinking I would lie about my families taste
kek
>>
Dad: SRV, Eric Clapton, Chuck Berry, mostly blues stuff
Mom: Aerosmith, GNR, ACDC, classic rock
Older brother: Black Keys, Green Day, Kanye West, and others
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.