[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Headphones
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: 81fU2qnzolL._SL1500_.jpg (182 KB, 992x1500) Image search: [Google]
81fU2qnzolL._SL1500_.jpg
182 KB, 992x1500
Opinions on these?

How much would an amp/dac improve the listening experience, or are these not high end enough to make a noticeable difference?

What headphones do you have?
>>
>>61300872
alex you already ordered these, u don't need a DAC
>>
Literally just got these for Christmas, my opinion isn't worth much though since they're literally my first decent cans.
>>
>>61300895
>literally
>literally
Note to self, stop writing like a retard
>>
>>61300894
My name isn't Alex and yes I've already ordered them but I'm just looking for some good old 4chan discussion, Brandon.

thanks for the input still
>>
>>61300948
i figured you weren't but my friend alex ordered these yesterday so I thought I'd give it a try. My boyfriend's name is brandon so you were close.
>>
>>61300948
Try /hpg/, audio discussion doesn't go on /mu/ for whatever reason
>>
>>61301201
That's dumb but thanks

>>61300971
Oh damn I'm impressed with myself then
>>
>>61300948
Yes you are Alex.

You most certainly ARE
>>
Theyre ok. No need for amp/dac
>>
>>61300872
those are what fantano uses
I tried those and they fit weird on my head/looked stupid with the look
>>
>>61300923
if you're writing a note to yourself, that means you are saying you write like a retard.
>>
>>61302686
Why do you give a shit about how studio headphones look on your head? They're pretty much just for private listening, if you're going outside just take a pair of ear buds with you or something.
>>
>>61300895
>literally twice in one sentence

is that you, the famous anon-faggot?
>>
>>61300872
I got ATH M50x's for christmas, but at my job working with digital audio I use the ones in your pic.

I think I prefer the ATH M50x's
>>
>>61300872
for this price range probably philips sph9500 or sony mdr7506
>>
>>61300872
I have these, been using them for almost two years now. No need for an amp, although I have one (fiio e6 i think? don't remember). Then again I don't really like my music that loud so I can see why some people commonly like to use an amp with this pair.
>>
>>61302686
It's because you don't have a fucking egghead. Congrats.
>>
Can someone rec me some acceptable budget-tier headphones?
I'm broke and my headphones died last month.
>>
Get the Mark 2.
>>
>>61304955
Seconding. Better colourway, more comfy velour pads, and a coiled cable (plus backup pleather pads and a straight cable). Worth the extra money imo.
>>
>>61305010
Same price, dude. Colour is subjective to me personally, I think they both look OK. The only reason OP would want the MK1 is because Anthony Fantano recommending them.
>>
>>61305063
>Same price, dude.

Since when? I paid an extra 10 dollars. I just price checked on amazon and the price disparity is like 60 dollars (that's not worth the extra goodies at all though).
>>
>>61304867
koss, superlux, takstar
>>
Whats the best way to clean headphone pads Mine are getting really oily
>>
>>61305121
England. Just checked Amazon. The MK2 is actually cheaper by £7.
>>
>>61305179
Cheaper? It's a better package in every way. That's unusual.

On the bright side, to >>61304867, the mark 1 akg k240s are an incredible pair of headphones and they're only 50 bucks on amazon before tax + shipping if that's under your budget. Otherwise I'd go with koss portapros as their quality is great for the price and they have the benefit of being good on-the-go headphones so they're more versatile.
>>
>>61305239
Yeah, struck me as odd. The release dates are also fucked up. The first model came out this year and the new one is from 2010. Eh, who cares? Not really that important and only beneficial either way.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.