[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much jazz does he listen to, /mu/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 638x316) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 638x316
How much jazz does he listen to, /mu/?
>>
One and that was it
>>
Who the fuck still even listens to jazz, I doubt you do OP.
>>
The list
>>
None because he's a complete pleb and has given more than enough ratings to prove he's just a meme that gives p4k ratings with the occasional randumb score to generate controversy and views
>>
i'd guess enough to get by in a conversation with somebody who listens to none
>>
He listens to only meme jazz, approved by the music critics
>>
he probably listens to more contemporary jazz than anyone on this board
>anthony likes a jazz record¨
>/mu/plebs now discover the album through fantano
>it's now memejazz
>anthony is stupid because he likes memejazz
this is how this board works
>>
man, i'm listening to this album right now and, oh gosh, its fucking beautiful! damn, i'm gonna do a favor to my neighbors and put "henrietta our hero" in the max volume
>>
>>61300858
People who didn't know shit bout jazz memed it before Fantano said anything.
>>
>>61300383
some do, ya cant knock it entirely
>>
https://rateyourmusic.com/collection/theneedledrop/strm_h,ss.rd/jazz

Jesus Christ.
>>
>>61300279
I'd be willing to bet he's probably listened to less than 20 jazz albums in his life. Enough to be able to namedrop a few big names and he looked up a few neat adjectives to describe how jazz instruments sound.
>>
>>61300858
>an album comes out
>people like it
>it gets talked about several times on /mu/
>immediately becomes "meme" music
>>
>>61301088
this is /mu/, my friend. everything here is meme.
>>
>/mu/ makes fun of Fantano's jazz taste
>there's no jazz discussion nowhere on the catalog

wew
>>
whatever amount is causing a buzz so he has to review it.
>>
>>61301067
those are only the ones he reviewd. is not like his tastes
>>
>>61301067
wow
>>
>>61301113
That's because fantano is your average mutant. What do you think the percentage of mutants who have listened to over 100 jazz albums even is? Like 1% f you're being generous?
>>
>>61301134
what is the problem with that? i guess the hipsters of his channel keeps getting his attention to review the album of the moment
>>
>>61301067
Embarrassing.
>>61301113
Not for lack of trying.
>>
>>61301199
He has alot of music to listen to and digest both for his enjoyment and for the reviews. if memerap and other flavors of the month are what gives him the most views then I'd imagine he's spending more time listening to that than other things. he doesn't seem like much of a jazz guy but I could be wrong. so I can see why jazz fans like to call him out on not knowing much of the genre.
>>
>>61301113
There is a blindfold test thread every Monday with more insightful thoughts about jazz than in all of Fantano's reviews put together
>>
>>61301506
This is true. Whole you can give him shit for only reviewing "viral" Jazz albums, it's not impossible that he actually listens to legitimately great contemporary jazz made by people who are actually well known in the scene. But that kind of stuff will NOT get him views, it's as simple as that. All that said, I choose not to give him the benefit of the doubt, because of his ridiculous worship of The Epic and the fact that I've never seen him say anything at all about even the most popular contemporary giants like Joshua red am, brad mehldau, chris potter, vijay iyer, etc.
>>
>>61301088
Isn't this the definition of a meme, but in music form?
>>
>>61300279
I'm actually trying to get into Jazz right now, but don't really know where to turn. I've dried getting there via Krautrock (Alcatraz, Xhol Caravan) and through bands such as The Soft Machine. Any suggestions for the ignorant?
>>
>>61302922
If you're already into rock music, go from jazz/blues rock to jazz fusion, to big band, to modal jazz ect. Go through the classics. Or google a jazz flowchart, there's a lot floating around.
>>
>>61300383
a lot of people still listen to jazz. its actually still extremely relevant.
>>
what album is that
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.