[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you like jazz?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 400x400
If you do, then this is a reminder that you should be participating in the weekly jazz blindfold test threads every Monday. As always, the opportunity is available for participants to put together a themed tracklist that we will all listen to.

This week's theme is piano trios. You can download the tracklist here:

http://www8.zippyshare.com/v/AObfOrnT/file.html
https://mega.nz/#!A8wxTKBA!xmRXUNox_Tl0CYXJfmC1dSXZz222e2UC3WjSb3GD0pY

For more specifics about how the threads work, please refer to the pastebin.

http://pastebin.com/2yCLLBrj
>>
>>61299946
Oooh, looks tasty! Count me in for today
>>
>>61300344
Well the thread is actually tomorrow but I hope to see you there
>>
I'll be there early... Just did my listening.
>>
>>61302093
Quite off topic, but would anyone who plays jazz piano or piano in general help me? I'm about to get me an e-piano. Theres no chance to get a real piano or an expensive e-piano right now, so im asking if I should buy an e-piano with lightly weightened keys or a simple keyboard for less bucks. Ive heard that the weightened keys should emulate a real piano. Sadly I'm only able to spend around 300€.

Theres a bundle at a local store, the Yamaha NP-31 with a peda, stand and seat for 300€.
>>
bumparidoo
>>
>>61302609
Are you wanting to play jazz piano with the keyboard? If so, not having weighted keys is really going to hold you back unfortunately. Semi weighted keys aren't that much better either.

Do you forsee yourself being able to afford a decently weighted keyboard sometime in the next year? If so you might consider just getting a very cheap keyboard or midi keyboard in the meantime and start tackling the theory and things like basic fingerings and some ear training with that while saving up to buy a weighted keyboard. Yamaha and Casio both make decent weighted key models that should be less than €500 (I only know roughly how much they are in $)

also bump for blindfold
>>
>>61304006
On the subject of learning the piano - I'm thinking of taking it up. Bearing in mind I'll be learning from scratch (I have a bit of theory in me from playing guitar for ten years but I've never been big on that sort of thing) what are some good ways in. I know I'm not really gonna be able to tackle even basic jazz stuff at first but what could I do? I don't want to just be playing scales up and down for six months...
>>
>>61305363
There's no other way than just to start trying to tackle the basic stuff. Pick up an easy lead sheet (I recommend Autumn Leaves) and start learning it. If you don't understand the theory enough to realize the chord symbols then you've just got to do some homework until you understand how to build chords and so on. Learn the tune inside and out and then you can worry about trying to improvise over it.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.