[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who the fuck does Fantano think he's kidding with this album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: melon.jpg (115 KB, 1184x634) Image search: [Google]
melon.jpg
115 KB, 1184x634
Who the fuck does Fantano think he's kidding with this album? Literally no info anywhere else, no other reviews, no information on the artist nothing. How did he find the album and why is it so high up on his favorites list? I think he's just promoting a friend or something, seriously bizarre.
>>
>>61299440
>ayy they even look alike
this is not the first time fantano is the only well known reviewer that likes an album
>>
it's him in a costume, he's done this before.
>>
i just had a quick listen to a couple of tracks off the album and it sounds extremely amateur to me
if all of what you've said is true as well then yeah, there's a good chance that it's him promoting someone he knows
not the first time he's done something like this you know, he only gave CLPPNG a 9 because he knows the band members
>>
>>61299532

Some people at least know who CLPPNG are, they got a wikipedia page, got reviewed by pitchfork etc but the album in OPs post just came out of nowhere.
>>
These guys are from my city. Before the album came out I remember there was some article in the phoenix times where they're interviewed by their friend (glasspopcorn) where they call themselves the only good rappers in arizona. I thought it was really arrogant but it made me check out some of their vids and low and behold, Fantano was one of the only people who commented on them. It's really weird and I'm curious how he heard of them because they really have no other buzz at all.

I remember he did the same thing with milo though back when Rob Was Here was milo's only album, but milo actually caught on because of his review.
>>
I think we should nail Fantano down on this one. Blatantly promoting an album on his main channel no less because he's got some ties with the artist. Extremely unethical.
>>
>>61299440
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAQbULm23q0
>>
I think its pretty good desu.

https://soundcloud.com/injuryreserve/sets/live-from-the-dentist-office/s-7CZHI
>>
>>61299532
>>61299440
They're a group from Arizona. I know because my buddy who's in a band is friends with them. (at least, before they got big [which means got a review from Fantano])

Since they released the album and got Fantano to review it, they thought they were hot shit, thought they hit it big time, and started to act like the next odd future or something, they blew off all the local bands and whatever.

Nothing happened though, they didn't go anywhere. I went to a house show with a few buddies in flagstaff on Halloween night, and Injury Reserve was the last band playing. My girlfriend and I thought it was shit thOugh and left lol

Long story short, they're a shitty group from Arizona who have done nothing. If you wanna know the good stuff from Arizona, check out glass popcorn, Coffee Pot, and Playboy Manbaby

Peace I'm out
>>
Name of artist/album?
>>
>>61299665

This sounds good to you? Sounds like generic, amateurish bedroom rap and of course it's badly mixed. You can literally find a thousand other rappers on soundcloud who sound similar.
>>
>>61299440
>>61299532
>>61299607
>CLPPNG
>milo
>these guys

why does fantano only promote meme rappers?
>>
File: 2015-12-26 12.45.32.jpg (326 KB, 1280x1621) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-26 12.45.32.jpg
326 KB, 1280x1621
>>61299440
He just glossed over it too without describing it as anything more than a mixtape. It's obvious as fuck it's a promotion but that shit happens all the time in toplists for the year from publications/other music reviewers.
>>
>>61299705
Injury Reserve - Live From the Dentist Office. Someone in this thread already posted a link to the soundcloud. Its just very generic rap from AZ
>>61299750
Yeah they're just a few kids with big egos
>>
>>61299691
>Playboy manbaby
I've seen then open for quite a few bands and on shows on their own. They always fucking rock it and the audience just goes crazy but I've never actually listened to their studio recordings
>>
>>61299843
Yeah me neither lol, I've seen them twice, the lead singer's a cool guy tho, and my buddy said their latest album/mixtape/whatever was really good
>>
>>61299440
This mixtape is actually pretty good, not sure if it should be in top 50, but still, I enjoyed the hell out of it, reminds me of 2011 The Cool Kids.
>>
>>61300082

>viral-marketing a no-name album

Gee, who could it be?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.