[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AC/DC
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5
File: dddd.jpg (162 KB, 650x481) Image search: [Google]
dddd.jpg
162 KB, 650x481
Are they good or do they suck? Discuss /mu/
>>
>Fedoracore
>Good

gr8 b8
>>
>>61298986
do you even know what fedoracore is

AC/DC is the most normie rock in existence
>>
Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap is the only thing they've ever done that I'd say is worth listening to. The song. TNT is okay.
>>
>>61299020
i picture die hard acdc fans as greasy fedora wearing "muh rawk" fags honestly

i think the normies are more sort of the casual fans who like back in black and highway to hell
>>
They suck, but only because they're charging $95.00 for tickets to their shows. They're old enough to be on a pension, so they should sell their tickets at a price for their fans who are also collecting pensions, or social security.

As far as their music is concerned, though, I'm a huge AC/DC fan, but, until they lower their ticket prices so their REAL fans can see 'em, they suck.

Hey, at least when I saw KISS, they sold tickets at a price that the average blue collar working man could afford, and if anybody can get away with charging $95.00 for a ticket, it's them!
>>
>>61299065
>i picture die hard acdc fans as greasy fedora wearing "muh rawk" fags honestly

This is 100% accurate.

That other guy is an idiot if he doesn't agree
>>
File: hah.gif (976 KB, 245x280) Image search: [Google]
hah.gif
976 KB, 245x280
>>61299458
For the love of God please leave /mu/ forever
>>
>>61299486
this tbqh famalam
>>
>>61299486
>>61299499
maybe it's bait tho
>>
>>61298964

bon scott AC/DC are GOAT hard rock band, they haven't made anything good since the seventies
>>
File: tdf.jpg (10 KB, 180x210) Image search: [Google]
tdf.jpg
10 KB, 180x210
>>61299458
>this post
>>
There are so one dimensional I mean is there even a acoustic or sad acdc song
>>
>>61299515
probably this
no one's that stupid
>>
>>61299541
you underestimate the power of human stupidity honestly
>>
>>61299540
>no sad ac/dc song
ride on?
>>
>>61299540
lol yeah they're all "YEAH OH YEAH ROCK BABY YEAH"
>>
>>61298964
I think they're worse than fucking cancer
>>61299458
is this from YT
>>
If you don't at least see the appeal of ac/dc I automatically assume your're a boring person. The sorta person to play jazz at parties.
>>
>>61299486
Who posted this? Brian, or Angus? Because I stand by my statement, you Aussie platypus shaggers! (Yeah. I know Brian isn't an Aussie, so fuck you, anyway!)
>>
>>61299624
i get what you mean but i can't take anyone who says they are a "great band" seriously if im drunk at a party like sure ill dance to their songs and sing about my balls or whatever it is they do but i realize it is cringy as fuck and some of the most unintelligent music out there... also the die hard AC/DC fans are a bunch of cancerous old fat fucks
>>
>>61299572
Ye even bands like led zeppelin or black sabbath have better song structure but still have a hard rock sound
>>
>>61299688
Obviously. It's dumb as all hell but it shouldn't take away the entertainment value.
>>
Hells bells is proto black metal. Quote me
>>
>>61299724
all I'm saying is that basically ac/dc is to music what mcdonald's is to gastronomy... obviously I can enjoy a shitty burger at mcdonald's from time to time but I still understand that it's not "good food" it is shit really but yeah sometimes people can enjoy shit as long as they understand what they are having you don't always have to have the refined steak or whatever
>>
>>61299688
They were GOAT in the 70's. People who didn't live through the shit that rock n roll became in the 80's or understand the history of it don't necessarily get that the appeal of AC/DC lies in its purity. They meant it. Yeah it might sound dumb today but they were literally the most meme free band in existence back then. No hair, no makeup, no scarves, none of that shit. They just wanted to fucking rock and do shots.
>>
If someone says their favorite band is AC/DC then you should stop talking to them about anything because it's unlikely that they have anything interesting to say.
>>
>>61299875
this sounds pretentious as hell but it's so true tbqh
>>
>>61299841
OK. I have no objection with that.
>>
>>61299744
>Hells bells is proto black metal
>>
>>61299841
derp
>>
>>61299894
I thought this never happened on /mu/ woah
>>
Also world's best working class bar band. We gotta get this pipe in the ground today, boys. The fact that a significant chunk of today's male wage slaves are answering the fucking phone for vidya games and eating candy in a cubicle means music like AC/DC isn't part of the working class consciousness like it once was.
>>
>>61298964
They are (were) the tightest rock band ever. But that's it.
>>
AC/DC are one of the greatest heavy-metal bands of all times, and one of the most authentic acts of rock'n'roll. They embody the wild, rebellious quintessence of rock music like few other bands before punk-rock. They were the opposite of the intellectual singer-songwriter or the brainy progressive-rock or the decadent glam-rock of the 1970s: they were not the brain and not the heart but the guts of rock and roll. Rolling Stone Magazine gave a "zero" to several of their albums: the greatest compliment ever paid to them.
>>
>>61299540
>sad
hells bells
>>
>>61300205
>scaruffi copy pasta

he is wrong btw
>>
File: neckbeard-lighter-640x533.jpg (78 KB, 640x533) Image search: [Google]
neckbeard-lighter-640x533.jpg
78 KB, 640x533
>I don't like AC/DC
>I only enjoy sophisticated music

sure are a lot of pretentious pseudo-intellectuals in here
>>
The Bon Scott era is great. Scott was a god-tier front man who had a charismatic personality. That being said, Back In Black is their best album and For Those About To Rock was their last good album.
>>
>>61300234
Not who you're responding to and haven't read much Scaruffi but that's actually correct minus the 'heavy-metal' part
>>
File: rawk.jpg (88 KB, 422x750) Image search: [Google]
rawk.jpg
88 KB, 422x750
I knew a girl who was a die-hard rocker chick. She loved AC/DC and attended all their shows in Texas. This is what she looked like. This face will wean you off AC/DC forever, I promise.
>>
>>61300637
that is actually fucking disgusting, fuck
>>
I was given Thunderstruck as a "theme song" by some people I know. I quite like it, no matter how dorky it may seem.
>>
>>61300637

what type of dude fucks with chicks like that anyway ?
>>
>>61299471
>>61299065
I'm assuming you guys don't get out often.
>>
>>61300794
I was gonna say. AC/DCfags are strictly the beer/trailer park/F150 crowd.
>>
>>61299967
>the fact that a significant chunk of today's male wage slaves are answering the fucking phone for vidya games and eating candy in a cubicle means music like AC/DC isn't part of the working class consciousness like it once was.

You think that's why Millenials have failed to take up the torch of rock from the previous generations?
>>
>>61300931
Exactly. We're too soft and sheltered and we still live in mom's basement at 30. No shit this generation can't produce an AC/DC or a Motley Crue.
>>
>>61299847
Yeah you gotta understand that in the 70s, you had either prog noodling, British glam rock with satin jumpsuits and huge platform boots, Kiss, or metal like Sabbath and Blue Oyster Cult. There wasn't much basic, clean, raw rock-and-roll.
>>
>>61300931
No. I was just making a socioeconomic case for it. I think they mostly don't because 'rock and roll music' doesn't really exist anymore. It's an outdated concept, for several reasons.
>>
>>61301508
>I think they mostly don't because 'rock and roll music' doesn't really exist anymore. It's an outdated concept, for several reasons.

Why would you expect the 20th century's music to still be relevant in the 21st century?
>>
AC/DC critics are mostly people who've only heard their overplayed commercial tracks.
>>
>>61302941
I don't. You're implying judgment where there isn't any. Today's music is fine. It's just not 'traditional' working class white guy beercan rock and roll. And shouldn't be.
>>
>>61302967
lol
>>
>knocking me out with those american thighs

Their songs have aged like milk.
>>
>>61300757
The dude you will be 20 years from now
>>
>>61299624
this 2bh
>>
>>61303139

if thats the case than why is the song still overplayed on rock radio?
>>
the vocals on thunderstruck sounds like a man choking on rapid-growth throat cancer that's slowly growing out of his body and swallowing him whole

so that's pretty metal i guess
>>
>>61300907
This, so much this.
>>
Let there Be Rock is one of the best rock albums of all time
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.