[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kill The Vultures
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: kill the vultures carnelian.jpg (351 KB, 1050x1050) Image search: [Google]
kill the vultures carnelian.jpg
351 KB, 1050x1050
How is it possible for one hip-hop act to be SOOO underrated??

Fantano never reviewed them and they don't even have a wikipedia page, yet their production is so next-level and experimental and genre-bending, and the rapping is great too.
>>
Post good tracks by them
>>
They have a Wikipedia page. Also they're pretty well known in the Alt Underground rap scene. Atmosphere and Rhymesayers have tweeted about them before.
>>
idk just lack of exposure i guess
this latest record seems to be getting a bit of attention tho which is kinda nice
i haven't even listened to it yet myself, kinda got lost in the backlog

>>61298436
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uT-EJD0bYo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv1njf-J_tY
>>
>>61298436

https://killthevultures.bandcamp.com/

just listen to this full album

it's their beats that make them really unique, they combine all kinds of influences that you don't generally see in hip-hop such as free jazz or world music.
>>
>>61298423
>How is it possible for one hip-hop act to be SOOO underrated??

because while they may be underrated they're not really that impressive
>>
I feel like he's trying to be mc ride for people who can't handle loud and noisy vocals. The tracks are interesting but his voice feels uninterested and flat

I'm not saying he should sound like mc ride, but that he should figure out how to actually pack a punch with his vocals, or at least do something interesting with them.
>>
>>61298612
to add to this, I am enjoying the record.
>>
>>61298612
>I feel like he's trying to be mc ride for people who can't handle loud and noisy vocals.
fucking death grips fans man
kill the vultures predate death grips by over half a decade you know
the reason why he's not trying to do something interesting with his vocals is because he doesn't want or need to, obviously
what a bizarre thing to criticize a rapper for
>>
>>61298746
>he doesn't want or need to

I feel he needs to do something with them. See, opinions are fun.
>>
>>61298798
I think the important part of anons post was that you claim he's trying to sound like MC Ride even though he has gone with this sound way before Ride. I'm a huge dg fan but it's faggots like you that make people hate our fanbase
>>
>>61298838
His vocal styles reminded me of MC Ride minus the loud and gritty feel. It's the best comparison I could come up with.

Regardless, I DO feel like his vocals fall flat in a lot of places, regardless of comparisons or not.
>>
Where can I find lyrics to Kill The Vultures songs? Specifically Crown.
>>
>>61298886
Is Death Grips the only hip-hop you listen to? It's very obvious the guy is trying to keep a monotone approach, his flow comes off much more spoken word than anything else and in no way does he sound anything like Ride, it's obvious you don't know shit and you're just trying to throw names around hoping someone will call you smart or something. If anything he sounds kind of like a gruff Gangstarr
>>
>>61298989
>http://killthevultures.bandcamp.com/
>>
>>61299869

I don't see the lyrics there...
>>
File: a1940792439_10.jpg (266 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
a1940792439_10.jpg
266 KB, 1200x1200
>>61298423
>How is it possible for one hip-hop act to be SOOO underrated??
>Fantano never reviewed them and they don't even have a wikipedia page, yet their production is so next-level and experimental and genre-bending, and the rapping is great too.
what was that you said?
>>
>>61302781

nice meme
>>
SICK DAYS ARE UPON US NOW
>>
>>61298423
I was listening to them when you posted this. By far the most underrated hip-hop group of this year.
>>
>>61298486
lol this shit sux wtf
>>
glad to see some recognition for them. discovered them like a month ago and I'm fucking happy to hear some really forward thinking rap.
>>
>>61305037
> Listen to the pic related album posted on this thread, there older shit isn't close to as good.
>>
https://killthevultures.bandcamp.com/track/crown
This, Topsoll and Amnesia are their best songs imo.
>>
>>61305101
Don't Bring The Devil Out is my fav. but every song is so polished and unique. one of the most inspired albums of the year, dare I say
>>
>>61305341
really???
Don't bring the devil out and god's jewelry were like the only two songs I didn't care for that much.
>>
I GOT NOTHING BUT TIME
BOOKS
I GOT NOTHING BUT BOOKS
>>
>>61305375
God's jewelry was my least fav but this one really did it for me. the composition was insane
>>
>>61304846

SICK MEMES ARE UPON US NOW
SICK MEMES ARE UPON US NOW
>>
>>61305060
Their debut is by far the best thing they ever made
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.