[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
where do i start when trying to get into grateful dead?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: LightningBoltSkull.gif (16 KB, 299x299) Image search: [Google]
LightningBoltSkull.gif
16 KB, 299x299
where do i start when trying to get into grateful dead?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4SqDx1vi4c
>>
Dark star, the 30 minute version from Live Dead. Go hard or go home
>>
>>61296707
Lol at this. Thank you

>>61296621
What are some of your current listening favorites?
>>
>>61296667
Good Post.

Here's another good one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er0qOWqxUkg
>>
Aoxomoxoa
Mountains on the moon
>>
>>61296667
this is beautiful
>>
>>61296758
as in fav grateful dead or in general? in general i'm going 60s psychedelic right now, especially the doors and zombies.
>>
>>61296621
You start by taking acid
>>
>>61296928
In general. I'm not super familiar with zombies but I know doors. Hmm....try this?

https://youtu.be/OrIRE8Hzl7c

The whole album (From the Mars Hotel) is probably gonna be up your alley. That and Workingman's Dead really pulled me in. Also first song posted in this thread is from American Beauty which is another great album.
>>
Listen to Europe '72 vol. 1 to start
>>
u start and stop @ theyre early 70s bootlegs
>>
anyone got a mega of live/dead though? all the ones in the archive are dead
>>
The Grateful Dead run the gambit of quite a variety of musical styles. What kind of music are you into now. What are some bands you listen to on a regular basis. Ignore all the people who say that you should start off with certain albums, or songs, because that's what originally turned me OFF to them. It wasn't until I went exploring their catalogue that I was able to find the style of music that I could get into. For me, it's basically the first album, and the whole Pig Pen era, but other people might be into something else. The Grateful Dead offer something for everybody. As the song goes, you just gotta poke around.......
>>
I read didn't get them until the other day.
I took 2 tabs of acid and watched The Grateful Dead movie now I honestly can't get enough. Before then they were just kinda boring. I really hate to say it but I think you have to do lsd to "get it"
>>
>>61299800
I think I might go chronologically cause most people seem to be recommending up till li 1975ish

>>61299860
I didn't know there was a movie I'll have to watch it! almost no acid in my country but i got about 3 grams of liberty caps ready to go
>>
>>61299947
Wonderful! You'll love it. I drew a lot of parallels between 1975 when it was filmed and 2015. Lots of psychedelic imagery and simply great music to listen to while tripping.
>>
File: deadchart.jpg (351 KB, 1566x1421) Image search: [Google]
deadchart.jpg
351 KB, 1566x1421
>>61296621
>>
>>61296621
If you're going for psychedelic dead I'd start with Aoxomoxoa, if you're going for folk dead then I'd start with American Beauty, if you want the classic live sound that most fans think of when the dead is mentioned I'd go with self titled (skull and Roses, not the debut).
>>
>>61299947
>I think I might go chronologically cause most people seem to be recommending up till li 1975ish
the 1977 shows are awesome though
>>
>>61300867
the best of their career really
>>
>>61296621
lsd
>>
>>61300867
>>61302175
Not really especially compared to 1971-1974
>>
SHAKEDOWN STREET ALL DAY
>>
>>61296707
>>61298502
>>61300194
why do people even bother with Live/Dead now that the complete Live at the Fillmore (of which Live/Dead is just a compilation) is easily available?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.