[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Record collections thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6
File: 1417990286429.png (4 MB, 1920x1920) Image search: [Google]
1417990286429.png
4 MB, 1920x1920
Let's see your ammunition, /mu/. What are your favorite records that you own? Here is my collection: http://www.discogs.com/user/Radioglava/collection
Note that I am still young and unemployed, so this is all I could afford for now
Discuss, include a story about certain records if there is one.
Pic unrelated, I just love that album cover
>>
File: 1318926442513.png (30 KB, 126x126) Image search: [Google]
1318926442513.png
30 KB, 126x126
>he takes pride in a cumbersome, materialistic collection of physical music
>he accessorizes art
>he thinks it will get him laid
>>
>>61295233
I am not in it for the girls, it just makes me feel really good inside when I buy an album that I love on vinyl and play it afterwards
Is that such a difficult concept to understand?
>>
File: 1385005726046s.jpg (2 KB, 125x112) Image search: [Google]
1385005726046s.jpg
2 KB, 125x112
>>61295291
>he fell for the vinyl revival meme
>>
>>61295233
maybe on a sad biological subconscious level but that's really not what goes through the head of most people buying records. you'd have to be so thick to think that's an efficient strategy to be able to have sex with a person.
>>
>>61295397

>thinks there was a revival of vinyl
>>
>>61295397
you memed me my friend xDDDDDDD
>>
File: large_novelty_sunglasses2.jpg (9 KB, 200x221) Image search: [Google]
large_novelty_sunglasses2.jpg
9 KB, 200x221
>>61295424
Except that's literally the only valid argument in favour of collecting physical music.
>muh warn sounds!
>muh album art!
>muh novelty!
>>61295450
>he shops at Urban Outfitters
>>61295456
You memed yourself, kiddo.
>>
>>61295489
Just because you don't understand somebody's motifs, doesn't make them any less valid. You are a waste of breath, really.
>>
>>61295489

Sorry, no Urban Outfitters in post-communist states so I have no idea what you meant.
>>
>>61295511
Which state?
>>
File: sponge1.jpg (4 KB, 107x125) Image search: [Google]
sponge1.jpg
4 KB, 107x125
>>61295507
Then explain it, dipshit.
>>61295511
k
>>
>>61295616
I have always felt a certain affection for physical music collection. I see it as the more sophisticated and interesting way of listening to music, and that is regarding the question of whether I do it because of "muh warm sounds" and such. No, actually, digital music is the one without "faults" in reproduction, etc. etc. If my views were like that, I wouldn't even collect music digitally, which I do, because I embrace both worlds. And no, I don't take pride in these records, I never said that. I see it as a hobby which includes passion for music and, and I'm usually not prone to having hobbies, collecting stuff and such. I only do it with music, as nothing else interests me in this way. I just genuinely think it's a thing of either feeling it or not feeling it. Yes, I appreciate the album cover art, I don't find that pretentious or immature. It's different when you hold an album in your hands, especially if it's an album that made a certain time in your life what it was and ultimately, changed you as a person in a way. I have to admit I'm a very sentimental person and I take these things more seriously than you do. That is why I said you're a waste of breath. No point explaining something you don't understand to begin with, but I tried regardless.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.