[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm starting to grow up and mature now and starting to not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: th(2).jpg (37 KB, 480x476) Image search: [Google]
th(2).jpg
37 KB, 480x476
I'm starting to grow up and mature now and starting to not like metal as much. I've started toning it back and just listening to rock I can sing along to lately, but God damn does modern rock suck. It all sound the same anymore. And what's with all these faggots wearing skinny jeans and makeup and singing with their high pitched voices? It's edging more towards pop. Idk if it's just a bias because it's what I grew up with, but the late 90s-mid 2000s was so much better and more varied. I wish music could get back to that.
>>
The best 'rock' happened in the 90's under the tag 'indie rock'.
>>
You're not funny. Never post Hinder again.
>>
>>61294172
What's wrong with Hinder?
It's what I was currently listening to.
Now: Saving Abel
>>
aoty prove me wrong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv0A-axCV7w
>>
>>61294082
I mean I'm on board with you but Hinder was the first shit rock band to hop on the Nickelback bandwagon
>>
>>61294209
I'm already listening to music, so I'm not going to listen to that right now. I skipped around it a bit though, he's got a nice a voice.
>>61294234
Eh, they have like 4 good songs. I was just posting the band I had playing
>>
like I don't know if you just listened to shit metal but if you're moving away from Slayer and Lamb of God, and towards Hinder, that is the wrong direction to find decent music in.

I never paid attention to metal lyrics anyway
>>
>>61294267
They're okay every now and then.
I'm starting to not like music that's too heavy though. Growing my hair out and whipping my head around was fun when I was 13, now I'd rather have something software to listen to while laying in bed at night, or sing along to while driving around.
>>
late 90s-mid 2000s was so much better
like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhpEteREbtY
>>
>>61294082
Please don't tell me you actually believe any of this.

Every generation, every decade, has good and bad, man. if you're going to outright condemn an entire genre at least fucking do your research.

>what's with all these faggots wearing skinny jeans and makeup and singing with their high pitched voices?

It's like you aren't aware the 80's happened.
>>
>>61294305
honestly if you want good music to listen to these days, your best bet is going to EDM

I suggest Griz's album "Say it Loud" and Pretty Lights' "A Color Map of the Sun" for rockers making the transition.

Also check out "Breakn a Sweat" which is a track Skrillex did with the remaining members of the Doors
>>
>>61294459
I love rubbing Breakn A Sweat in the faces of the "EDM isn't music" rocker types because, like, they're literally less forward thinking than a band from the goddamn sixties
>>
Early to mid 2000s was absolute garbage as far as rock music goes. And I grew up with it as well. I think there's far more good stuff coming out these days. Just not necessarily the stuff that's on the radio.
>>
>>61294478
Naaaah man, maybe radio rock was garbage then but a lot of great rock, prog. rock, and prog. metal (really just metal in general) came out in the early-mid 00's. I can namedrop some if you're curious.
>>
>>61294473
I don't think that it's not music. It just doesn't do what I want my music to do. I like the sound of the guitar, vocals are really important to me (not the lyrics but the voice itself) and most importantly, I like going to the club down the street where four people get on the stage and rock the fuck out and play their instruments. In my experience, the entertainment value of edm is not in the performance.
>>
>>61294530
and again, I direct you to GRiZ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeG89FKJEq4

The reason you don't think the entertainment value of EDM is in performance is you've never seen an artist jump up on his turntables and lay down a blistering sax solo or watched Pretty Lights walk out on stage with a six piece jazz band in tow
>>
>>61294571
I just don't like EDM. No reason why, it's just not my thing.
I listen mainly to rock and folk punk, a little bit of metal and other genres of punk and country. Aside from a few songs, I don't care too much for other genres.
>>
>>61294571
I can honestly say, I have seen a lot of really epic rock shows, from really small venues like Toad the Wet Sprocket or Bombadil, to 10.000+ concerts put on by RHCP and The Rolling Stones, and Pretty Lights' live show blew them ALL out of the fucking water
>>
>>61294320
This band is actually really good. Thank you for bring them to my attention.
>>
>>61294589
hey man if it's not your thing it's not your thing. But do yourself a favor and check out that GRiZ track I posted up, I bet you'll be able to appreciate it

I have introduced a lot of people who don't like EDM to EDM and that song is a brilliant crossover
>>
File: 1430554635252.jpg (68 KB, 475x330) Image search: [Google]
1430554635252.jpg
68 KB, 475x330
>tfw never had a metal phase
feels good being so much better than everyone else
>>
>>61294631
>"I'm not open minded, therefore I'm better than everyone else"

I never grew out of my metal phase. I never grew out of my phase with Sinatra or Crosby or The Golden Gate quartet either, and I deffo didn't grow out of my Stravinsky phase. Neither did I grow out of my Coltrane phase or my Tipper phase (Electronic artist, since you're a shitlord and I GUARANTEE you've never heard of Tipper)

Have fun with your superior taste
>>
>>61294631
Art Tatum and Fats Waller phase still going strong baby, right alongside Dreamtheater
>>
>>61294631
I will fucking school you in whatever genre you think you're an expert in, and I'm telling you right now if you think you're somehow "better" because you're too musically shallow to appreciate any aspect of an entire genre, you're a fuck.
>>
>>61294683
>>61294711
>>61294734
sorry, i don't speak middle schooler
>>
>tfw I was such a huge Hinder fan back when that album came out
Why does everyone here hate a little glam? Granted, it's probably my older sister's fault I got into them but I still love that album when I put it on.
>>
>>61294750
I mean I realize at this point you're just shitposting for responses

but that doesn't mean you aren't going to get them

so how many years have YOU been playing a musical instrument and studying theory? How long has it been since YOU were enrolled in a conservatory?
>>
>>61294571
Reminds me a little of Fdel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fApb6YnkXqo
>>
>>61294925
dude this is the tits thank you
>>
>>61294995
Glad you like it. Might want to check out Flow Dynamics and Featurecast out too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NrLQ0PhTpw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWhl0xfMhpQ
>>
>>61294478
Desert rock has stayed good IMO
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.