[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /mu/ think of this album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
What does /mu/ think of this album?
>>
>>61293144
i think it's bretty gud
>>
>>61293144
All memes aside, it actually is a great album. Take A Vacation! by the two guys who left the band after this album is pretty much like the sequel and is also fun.
>>
>>61293144
Fantastic album. P!ATD are honestly a super underrated band.
>>
first time listening and things are shaping up to be pretty odd
>>
File: ryan ross.jpg (272 KB, 601x900) Image search: [Google]
ryan ross.jpg
272 KB, 601x900
It's a good album. Very solid 6.5/10.

Plenty of high points that are extremely faithful and well written throwbacks to 60s psych pop mixed in with equally good folkier songs. It gets a little indulgent at times which results in a few stinkers, so it's a little too inconsistent to listen to all the way through as often as I'd like to. Urie's voice is also super fucking polarizing, and for good reason; his voice still echos the stereotypical timbre and intonation of pop punk vocalists of the time because it just bleeds over from their debut. A better vocalist would have lifted the album up quite a bit.

Regardless it's a really underrated album and Ryan Ross, the mind behind most of the good material on the album and the one who most wanted to take the band in this direction musically/aesthetically, is a person I respect quite a bit. Plus he's a qt (pic related).
>>
>Pretty Odd
>good

A Fever You Can't Sweat Out was the only decent album by Panic. Pretty Odd was some "OH LOOK AT ME LOL IM THE BEATLES" bullshit
>>
>>61293238

>good album

>6.5/10

pick one bro
>>
>>61293272
>5/10 is average
>therefore 6-6.9/10 is good

What is so complicated about this?
>>
>>61293276
im dyslexic i thought it was 5.6
>>
>>61293238
FAS babby lmao
>>
>>61293276
If 5/10 is average then that means there are equal number of both 0/10 albums and 10/10 albums.
>>
It's a good album. I love the whole band in general, but their new album, Death of a Bachelor is simply the best. Nothing they've made before it can top even the 5 songs they've released of it. But that's not to say their earlier work isn't fantastic. Best song on this album: When The Day Met The Night. I'd rate this album 7/10.
>>
Honestly, I can see where they were going with this album and I commend them for branching out, but I just couldn't get into this album apart from a few songs (Nine in the Afternoon, Under The Sea, and a couple more).

It's a little like Title Fight's Hyperview, in that respect. Props to them for trying something new, but I kinda wish they would've stuck to their old sound.

Makes me even sadder because literally no other band has ever merged pop punk with cabaret like Panic! did with their debut.

Overall 6/10 but Fever was a 9/10.
>>
How about Urie's latest songs?
I like Emperor's New Clothes and Victorious.
>>
Northern Downpour is really good
>>
Every song is Penny Lane
>>
>>61293144
I honestly prefer A Fever You Can't Sweat Out, because the mixture of pop punk with electronic production and borderline cabaret rhythms is fucking genius. By contrast, Pretty Odd kinda just sounds like Brendon Urie took got hopped up on caffeine pills, listened to Pet Sounds and thought he could top that.

They're both great albums though, I won't lie.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.