[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello, /mu/. After years of deliberation I've finally decided
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: images (5).jpg (15 KB, 490x300) Image search: [Google]
images (5).jpg
15 KB, 490x300
Hello, /mu/. After years of deliberation I've finally decided to buy my first drum kit. My only problem is, what double kick pedals do I buy? I have a budget of about $300 and I really don't want to go overboard.

Could any drummers on here lend me your expertise?
>>
>>61289928

Go to a store and try some pedals out...pick the best in your budget...

I have DW9002's and a set of the new Ludwig Atlas...I went overboard...
>>
>>61290069
Unfortunately I live in a pretty small town where the selection is small and the markup on everything is ridiculous. That's a pretty pricey pedal though, pal.
>>
Are you sure you're even ready for those yet?
>>
>>61289928
You sure you're ready for those? Think of it as taking your training wheels off your bike for the first time. Can you do it?
>>
>>61290184
>>61290201
Obviously I'm not going to pick up double kick techniques immediately, but I have had practice on drums before, and I think I could pick it up within six months. The kit I have doesn't come with a bass drum pedal at all, so I figured it'd be easier to straight up buy a double kick to save effort later on.
>>
>>61290295
I have an Iron Cobra double bass drum pedal. It's a great double pedal and it's all I've ever needed. You can get those for relatively cheap too. You shouldn't need to go for anything too expensive, especially if you're a novice drummer.
>>
>>61290295
>>61290910
I also forgot to add that if you are new to drumming, I know it's a ton of fun to play around on the double pedal like crazy, but I would urge you to get seriously good playing single before you start working hard on double technique.
>>
>>61290910
second this. i've had iron cobras for 6 years and they hold up pretty well. just a solid standard pedal that behaves like you expect it to. always wanted to try Axis longboards though.
>>
>>61291301
Axis Longboards are awesome but they are overrated in that they aren't actually in some league above the rest like their reputation might have you believe. I feel like ICs pack a better punch. Longboards feel very smooth and I guess a lot of people like them because in my experience they're very easy to control, which can be good for beginner drummers to start off with. My one problem is that their quality doesn't stand out quite enough to justify the usually very high prices they go for. You're probably better off with Cobras or something else like it.
>>
>>61291135
I don't know.
I think it would be better for a novice to start on double immediately.
Working only on one foot is like limiting yourself to the right arm.
>>
>>61291479
I see where you're going with this and I agree only in part because the two aren't exactly equal. You pretty much always need two hands to drum, because most of the time you're playing two different things, ex. snare/ride cymbal. Novices with double pedals have a tendency to over rely on them before they learn proper technique with their dominant foot. It isn't like trying to learn alternating rudiments with one hand. In my opinion, learning to alternate with the feet should come second if you want to become seriously good.
>>
>>61289928
do you plan on playing metal or prog?
>yes
get them
>no
don't waste your time.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.