[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was it really the first record to feature reversed vocals or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: paperback bw rain.jpg (110 KB, 1023x1020) Image search: [Google]
paperback bw rain.jpg
110 KB, 1023x1020
Was it really the first record to feature reversed vocals or was there some underground shit that technically came first?
>>
Maybe "first" as in the first to be in the top 40
>>
>>61286734
The beatles are pleb mom rock
>>
>>61286762
So what actually came first then? That's what I was asking. There's a lot of stuff that the Beatles did "first" which was actually not actually a new idea at all and just happened to be something they took to the mainstream, and I'm asking if this is one of them.
>>
>>61286734
considering the establishment of the princeton-columbia cmc in the 50s, i'd be willing to bet there are some very old tape-loop projects using reversed vocals
>>
>>61286788
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
>>
>>61286824
didn't hear any reversed vocals in this and it seems to be a relatively recent composition anyway, certainly much later than 1966
>>
>>61286879
You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>>
>>61286896
thanks
>>
>>61286896
good post
>>
>>61286896
thanks
>>
File: 1421814454422.png (284 KB, 352x388) Image search: [Google]
1421814454422.png
284 KB, 352x388
>>61286788
>>61286824
>>61286879
>>61286896
>>61286920
>trip makes on topic post
>autist derails thread
>trip is somehow the bad guy

Every time.

To >>61286788, I don't disagree but don't you think someone would have found it after 50 years?
>>
>>61286945
>I don't disagree but don't you think someone would have found it after 50 years?
well this guy has a point
>>61286762

not many people listen to musique concrete anymore. I think the biggest reason that people would even listen to electronic compositions from the 50s would be out of curiousity.

however, I did find this on wikipedia
>One of the best known examples of music featuring reverse tape effects is the Doctor Who theme (1963)

also found this
http://qcpages.qc.cuny.edu/hhowe/music773/links.html

in the second section, tape splicing is mentioned and is dated in the early 50s/late 40s even
>>
>>61287050
Well, yeah, I know about the Dr. Who theme thing. I'm talking specifically how it's used here though, using reverse tape loops to add reversed vocals to a song (and, in the case of I'm Only Sleeping, a reversed guitar). It'd be interesting to hear an example of that specific usage done earlier than when the Beatles did it.
>>
>>61287128
>using reverse tape loops to add reversed vocals to a song
oh, this specifically?
probably this, if we assume that track 1 was indeed composed in 1965
http://www.discogs.com/Ramon-Sender-Worldfood/release/350218

I have this somewhere on my hard drive or mega account if you wanna check it out. track 1 is honestly the only reason to listen to this, track 2 is a pretty long winded electroacousmatic composition
>>
>>61287289
I'd be very very interested in hearing this, yeah.
>>
>>61287364
https://mega.nz/#!I5YjWYQJ!LTGOz3Yn5ijfrE6A0cHHJWt4PYYluPXN5fkamPtJ3MM

stay away from deliriants while you listen to the first track !!
>>
>>61287379
Thanks mate. Interesting release, to come out 40 years after it was allegedly made.
>>
>>61287414
>Interesting release, to come out 40 years after it was allegedly made.
>pretentious old ppl
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.