[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can anyone seriously explain me why is this record so worshipped
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: Neutral Meme Hotel.jpg (443 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
Neutral Meme Hotel.jpg
443 KB, 1500x1500
Can anyone seriously explain me why is this record so worshipped on /mu/ ? I need strong arguments.
>>
File: dognoodle.jpg (51 KB, 496x550) Image search: [Google]
dognoodle.jpg
51 KB, 496x550
Its catchy, lyrics are interesting, I like the guitar.
>>
Because it's a fantastic album, pleb.
>>
board is full of plebs. they don't even see the appeal in speedin bullet 2 heaven
>>
>>61286191
this but unironically pt. 2
>>
>>61286137
It's accessible enough to have a wide appeal, but experiments just enough to differentiate itself from most other "indie rock". The surreal lyrics and album cover also helped it become a meme.
>>
>>61286191
Speedin' bullet 2 heaven Sucks you Cudi fan
>>
"record"
>>
File: The Dear Hunter - Act II.jpg (75 KB, 639x637) Image search: [Google]
The Dear Hunter - Act II.jpg
75 KB, 639x637
The Dear Hunter does better things than this band, I'll stick to their music I guess
>>
>>61286249
It's just too patrician for you m8.
>>
Serious answer: lyrics, vocals and melodies are amazing. Instrumentation is interesting as well and the overarching effect is emotional even though you don't really know what the fuck is going on. Not going more into it than that. ITAOTS posting on /mu/ has been at what seems like an all-time low this year.
>>
>>61286249
it's his only great album so far, in fact his only one worth talking about
>>
>>61286272
Amazing band and album
>>
Personally, I think "Ferris Wheel on Fire" is a better album musically. But this how everyone gets introduced to NMH
>>
>>61286558
>>61286529
>>61286276
>>61286249
>>61286191
>>61286212
STOP
THIS
MEME
>>
I think it boils down to the fact that the even though the vocals are loud and raw, and the instrumentation is pretty fucking weird (not just the use of singing saws, accordian etc, but the fact that half songs are just Jeff singing and playing guitar), the themes are universally relatable
>>
Well conceptually, it is an interesting and romanticized interpretation of a book we all had to read in middle school. Musically, it's comprised of strange and unusual melodies on top of simple and common chord changes, giving it a unique sound. Hope this helps!
>>
Its an idiosyncratic folk album with very creative songwriting
>>
>>61286180
best answer
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.