[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Hideous album art >So many fucking skits >Swimming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3
>Hideous album art
>So many fucking skits
>Swimming Pools and Real

Seriously, why do people say this is better than TPAB?
>>
Because TPAB is literally Soundtracks for the ¢uck.
>>
File: 1373408850060.jpg (37 KB, 549x543) Image search: [Google]
1373408850060.jpg
37 KB, 549x543
>>61283040

real is a good song though.
>>
Also, Compton just doesn't fit the feel of the album at all
>>
>>61283180

it's a bonus.
>>
>>61283192
No, Compton is the closer to the album
>>
>>61283205

oh, mb.
>>
>>61283231
>>61283205

well then I agree because I thought it was a bonus. Sing about me should have been the closer t b h familia.
>>
>>61283040
Because it isn't as trite as TPAB is, just a little bit less.
>>
fuck off and get taste you fucking cuck
>>
>>61283040
cause it's real as fuck and not the musical equivalent of kanye running for president? black people shouldn't make political statements - they are blinded by their own skin color
>>
>>61283617
also the album art is about 100x better than niggers on a field trip
>>
>>61283040
Because GKMC actually fucking sounds good. It's aesthetically pleasing, but for some reason we keep pretending music is just fucking poetry and lyrical content is the most important thing.
>>
A novel is always more fun than a collection of short stories
>>
>Swimming Pools
>le most popular track is bad! meme

Also I'm pretty sick of the King Kunta is a good song meme.
>>
>>61283040
Cause it has amazing storytelling and a plot instead of the whole "WE WUZ KANGZ" in TPAB
>>
>>61283714
But Maad city is most popular track?
>>
>>61283079
>>61283617
>>61283632
>>61284235
Hello Reddit
>>
>>61283675
not true, by the way
>>
>>61283669
>Because GKMC actually fucking sounds good.
>Institutionalized, These Walls, Alright, For Sale?, Momma, Hood Politics, Complexion and You Ain't Gotta Lie don't sound good

Fuck the fuck off. Any one of these songs has more breadth and replay value than anything from GKMC will ever have.
>>
>>61285053
>Fuck the fuck off.
Lol? Literally none of those but Hood Politics. Your opinion is beyond shit.
>>
>>61283180
>>61283205

Compton is the closer but it's meant to take place at the start of the narrative, almost as if the film is has just been rewound and started again. That's why at the end of that track Kendrick says he's going to borrow the van, it makes more sense in this context and is like poetry
>>
>>61285053

>picking the worst songs from TPAB

you have shit taste desu, your opinion is now irrelevant
>>
>>61285080
>he prefers straight forward DAW compositions
>calls my opinion shit

K E K
E
K
>>
>>61285127
Give me concise reasons these songs are bad beyond "WE WUZ KINGS" and I'll try to take some of what you have to say on board.
>>
>>61283040

did they rape the kid or something? why they hid the eyes? WTF
>>
>>61285145
>Still pushing your bullshit, tryhard opinion
Kek indeed, m8.
>>
>>61285003
hello cuck
>>
Real is a good song motherfucker
>>
his lyrics are preachy
>>
>>61283040
They're both 10/10
>>
>>61283040
Swimming pool sucks by the way.
>>
>>61284954
C O N T R O L
O
N
T
R
O
L
>>
who /backseat freestyle/ here?
>>
>>61285439
>trap music
>le just niggus saying ignant nigger shit
>kendrick lamar
>preachy preachness preaching
>aesop busdriver dalek
>le artsy abstract thesaurus cock rapper

YOU
NIGGAS
DON'T LIKE RAP
>>
GKMC is a very entertaining album; about the cover - the deluxe one is much better
>>
>>61283040
Swimming Pools is a great song, especially with the extended verse, despite it being popular and misunderstood.

And Real is one of the top tracks as well. It fits on the album so well.

Yeah, I agree the skits are plenty, and kinda detract from the album on multiple plays. But it's a concept album meant to tell a story.

Finally, who gives a fuck about the album art?
>>
>>61283040
>I remember you was conflicted
the cheesiest, most retarded skit i've ever heard on any album, ever. i wish i were joking. it's funny watching people defend this album incarnate of shit
>>
>>61285899
>le artsy abstract thesaurus cock rapper
>using this insult
ishygddt
>>
>>61285882
ALL MY LIFE I WANT MONEY AND POWER RESPECT MY MIND OR DIE FROM LEAD SHOWER
>>
>>61285361
Hello Reddit
>>
>>61285882
ALL MY LIFE
>>
>>61286111
stfu you pretentious fuck.
>>
>>61283040
>>61283180
It'd be better if it ended with Sing About Me While I'm dying Of Thirst
>>
>>61287908

It still is better despite that imo. But that would've been a better ending for it, I agree with that.
>>
>>61286111
its funny that you have no taste
>>
>I remember you was conflicted
>Your shoes and your influence
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>61288659
>YOU FUCKING NYMPHO I WANT YOU TO RECOGNIZE THAT I'M A PRIDE MONKEY

first time I heard the blacker the berry I was weirded out
>>
>>61285173

OK.

The problem with most of these songs is that they are annoying, Kendrick's tone and delivery is nasally and almost childlike. He adds catchphrases and nonsensical stuff like

>Institutionalized

Zoom zoom zoom zoom zoom, get up and wash your ass nigger, etc

>These Walls
The moaning at the beginning

>Alright
Not that bad actually, I guess you are right. However, it's be reduced into a "le protest song" instead of being the self empowerment like Kendrick intended

>For Sale
More senseless breathing and moaning, What's wrooong nigger? I thought you was keeping it gaaaaangsta?...all over The Price is Right music

>Momma
That annoying as outro, enough said

>Hood Politics
Boo boo! Boo boo!

>Complexion
token black female rapper who can't actually rap with a fake accent

>You Ain't Gotta Live
you gonna let flies in this motherfucker, annoying ass pseudo nasal voice again

Aside from King Kunta, Alright, the first half of i and the first half of Mortal Man, everything else on TPAB is shit
>>
File: topimp.png (85 KB, 243x456) Image search: [Google]
topimp.png
85 KB, 243x456
>>61289015
>>These Walls
I'm usually off-put by sex sounds in music and shit, but I don't understand the whole complaining around These Walls, It's very brief and it sounds more like pain or some random shit than some woman moaning in pleasure.

And if you didn't understand, the whole "boo boo", "zoom zoom" or whatever shit Kendrick says like "You WAS conflicted" and shit like this is the representation of the "nigger proud to be a nigger" character he is doing all around. If it annoys you it's pretty much mission accomplished because Kendrick is portraying an ignorant black man who is beyond any shame of his ignorance and annoyance-level.

Also
>no mention of SOTY The Blacker the Berry
>>
I actually like them equally
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.