[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is music addiction a legit thing? we all know it produces dopamine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: 1450989557834.gif (397 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1450989557834.gif
397 KB, 720x480
is music addiction a legit thing? we all know it produces dopamine but can we et addicted? because for a week now i've been visiting my parents, can't listen to music, and feel my whole body being frustrated and anxious. i crave to hear sounds mates
>>
File: 61UNacKp1JL._SL1200_.jpg (118 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
61UNacKp1JL._SL1200_.jpg
118 KB, 1200x1200
>>61275087
possibly, i hadn't heard music for ~24h after staying at a relatives, it wasn't nice there was definitely something missing.
back home now and listening to Ekstasis - Julia Holter, feeling much better now
>>
holy shit this wikihow is a blasphemy
http://wikihow.com/Overcome-a-Music-Addiction
>>
>>61275087
You aren't addicted, you just really enjoy music cause the brain gets dopamine, like sex or drugs or food
>>
>>61275143
is this a joke
>>
File: image.jpg (119 KB, 2046x358) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
119 KB, 2046x358
>>61275143
This was painful to read
>>
>>61275087

http://www.nme.com/news/various-artists/83117
>>
I hate going somewhere for a while and being forced to listen to other peoples music. It makes me crave to listen to certain things because I get them stuck in my head and I cannot relieve the pressure.
>>
>>61275183
i had to stop at when they told me to throw away my headphones
>>
>>61275337
my parents don't even listen to anything. dad even threw away his old 5.1 stereo speakers because mom complains about the noise aka music. at this point i'd enjoy any music i think
>>
>>61275594
The constant silence/background noise of being in an environment like that would wreak havoc on me, especially around people. Going without music when I'm outdoors is usually tolerable because I can hear birds or running water which are pleasant sounds.
>>
>>61275087
Get a job lmao
worked retail for couple months and construction 8 hours of just hearing other guys grunting and cursing about how shitty our job is. You learn to love silence.
>>
>>61275823
>implying i don't have a job

and i work in total silence alone btw
>>
>>61275797
Silence is very much preferable if you're forced to ride in a persons car who listens to the top 40 station and doesn't change the station or turn down the volume during commercials or inane DJ blather

This stupid 50 something bitch in the cubicle next to mine actually listens to the top 40 station on a physical radio WITHOUT HEADPHONES even though she has a goddamn iphone and could listen to pandora instead of halfing commercials play half the time. At least it's at a >reasonable volume.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.