[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pick best album.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
Pick best album.
>>
>>61274921
probably Tylo be Chillin
>>
tvu
>>
>>61274921
The Velvet Underground & Nico = Blonde on Blonde > Trout Mask Replica > The Smile Sessions
>>
Anyone who doesn't put TMR as best is contrarian.
>>
Blonde on Blonde
>>
>>61274934
this
>>
Oh jesus, what a choice

TMR > SMiLE > BoB > TVU&N
All of the above are 8/10+
I feel like a right pleb, since these four are some of my most favourite albums, but I realise how surface level they are.

I get this weird phenomena where I feel like I'm the only person that "really gets" an artist. Like listening to bob dylan and gettin immersed in his music, or even the damn Beatles, I always feel like so many people don't really appreciate him like I do.
I realise this is bollocks.
>>
>>61274934
mi negro
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-26-12-42-48.png (183 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-26-12-42-48.png
183 KB, 540x960
>>61274927
>>
>>61274946
What? The whole reason TMR is popular is so contrarians can pretend they actually like something.
>>
>>61274934
exactly right.
>>
let's have another one.
>>
>>61274946
I don't feel like listening to what in the beginning sounds like a madman ramblings. But as bait thread it must be seen as joke for the sole purpose of rustling some jammies.
>>
>>61274971
>I feel like a right pleb, since these four are some of my most favourite albums, but I realise how surface level they are.

But liking something popular doesn't mean you are entry level music listener, that's silly. One of the best Polish jazz musicians, Tomasz StaƄko said his favourite album is Kind of Blue and he listened to hundreds of jazz albums.
>>
Smile
>>
>>61274921
TVU&N = SMiLE > BoB > TMR
>>
TMR, it's not even a contest lol.
>>
Blonde On Blonde, but I love all four
>>
TMR > TVU&N > SMILE > BOB
>>
They are all 7/10
>>
SMiLE > TVU&N > TMR > bobby
>>
>>61279648
BASED
>>
>>61274934
this
>>
well smile sessions is the only good album there and that is still very inconsistent
>>
tmr > smile > banana > dylan
>>
>>61280487
epic
>>
This is the objectively correct choice, which isn't necessarily my favorite

TVU>>TMR>Smile>BoB
>>
>>61280944
What would you change?
>>
>>61281219
why TVU so much objecitvely better than Beefheart?
>>
>>61274921
TMR > BoB > TVU&N > Smile

Although I like the first 3 quite equally anyway.
>>
TMR > TVU > Smile > BoB
>>61281219
how is this the "objectively correct choice"?
>>
Banana > Beef > Beach > Bob
>>
>>61281272
Because of originality and creativity.

>>61281300
Because originality and creativity are the only objective qualities of what good music is.
>>
>>61282139
Not all original music is bizarre nor shocking. Also, TMR wasn't really that bizarre considering there was Cromagnon from the same year, and Red Krayola two years earlier.
>>
>>61281346
>originality and creativity = objecticily better
>Because originality and creativity are the only objective qualities of what good music is.

the funny thing is that you don't realize that that's your opinion too
>>
File: 1450577551331.jpg (746 KB, 1623x1623) Image search: [Google]
1450577551331.jpg
746 KB, 1623x1623
>>61280487
>well smile sessions is the only good album there and that is still very inconsistent
Kill yourself with your shit opinions.
>>
>>61282541
I said it half jokingly. But still, what would you modify to make an objective measurement of music more accurate?
Also, keep in mind there's no objectively good if there's no context to it. The context here would be originality being good (arbitrary), therefore we can say that since originality is objective, music quality is too.
>>
TRIPFAG FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>61275041
Leuk seg!
>>
>>61274921
TVU&N > smile > others
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.