[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
your thoughts on this album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: tommy.jpg (211 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
tommy.jpg
211 KB, 1000x1000
your thoughts on this album?
>>
Why should I put any thought into this album when it's obvious that they did not?
>>
GONNA RAPE YOU
>>
>>61272489
Pete was mostly dropping acid and listening to Sgt. Pepper when writing this.
>>
My dad rented the movie once. I didn't understand what was going on except there was a shirtless dude running around yelling stuff and there were a lot of pinball machines.
>>
>>61272471
That deaf dumb and blind kid sure plays a mean pinball.
>>
>>61272471
i love it
>>
It's a metaphor for how Pete was molested as a kid.
>>
Literally who
>>
down with the bedclothes up with the night shirt
>>
>>61272645
Genius post
>>
The Who are underrated as a band and often get lumped with all of the generic buttrock from that era. Pete is a douchebag, but a genius of a douchebag.

>he realized that he wasn't very good at solos or riffs, so instead played heavy power chords
>coined the phrase "power pop"
>pioneered the rock opera, the concept album, and noise rock
>realized just what he had in Entwistle and Moon and didn't just use them for basic timekeeping
>pioneered the use of synthesizers as an integral part of music composition instead of just for making cool sfx
>The Who in their prime were possibly the best live act in rock history
>>
>>61272471
Not as good as Quadrophenia
>>
Too much filler but it's pretty good otherwise
>>
>>61272471
Better than Quadrophenia.
Worse than Sell Out.
>>
>>61272542
Pete never did drugs past '67. He was straight edge and spiritual as fuck until Moon died.

>>61272799
This guy gets it. The Who pioneered so much more than they are given credit for, including being among the very first punk and prog bands. They were better than the Beatles and Stones in pretty much every way fathomable, but so few people have actually listened to their records to understand why.
>>
>>61274233
>Pete never did drugs past '67. He was straight edge and spiritual as fuck until Moon died.

Did drink a lot though. Supposedly the Sex Pistols stumbled across him laying drunk on the sidewalk in front of a pub moaning that it was all over and The Who were washed up. The Pistols of course were panicked when they heard this because nobody likes it when one of their heroes says that.
>>
>>61272471
Not as good as S.F. Sorrow but still pretty good
>>
Listen to it with a candle on and you'll see the future.
>>
>>61274259
Yeah, that was where the song 'Who Are You' came from. I think he only really started drinking once he saw that the band was falling apart (from about 76 onwards).
>>
>>61274452
He was already having drinking problems during the Who By Numbers sessions.
>>
"Quadrophenia was really our last great creative burst. I think I'd said pretty much everything I had to say and we were running on fumes after that. By the mid-70s, we were really more known as a live act while people who wanted an album went with the Rolling Stones or whatever. I don't think too many people consider Squeeze Box and Dreaming From the Waist to be good Who songs."
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.