[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anybody on /mu/ know about any pressing plants that do small
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Vinyl-LP.jpg (105 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
Vinyl-LP.jpg
105 KB, 1280x1024
Anybody on /mu/ know about any pressing plants that do small orders of at least 10 LPs? or any plant that is willing to press independent artists?
>>
>>61272193
http://piratespress.com/cms/vinyl-specials

I've never used them, but lots of my friends have. I doubt they'll do super small pressings for cheap though.
>>
>>61272193

Most plants only make a minimum of around 200-300 copies. Lathe cuts can make small amounts, but it's not hi-fi.
>>
>>61272869
>>61272977
I can do around 300, but I want to do ten for my first pressings so I can include CD's and
bonus items. does Pirates press also print posters or do I have to do that separately?
>>
>>61273176
I'd just contact them directly. I suspect they handle a lot of special requests. Obviously special means more money.
>>
>>61273176

Not sure how much stuff Pirates Press handle other than the sleeves and the extra stuff they advertise there, but you can always ask. If they don't print posters and stuff, maybe you could print them anywhere especialized and send them to Pirates Press to put in the package.

Also Pirates Press isn't a pressing plant; their vinyl is pressed by GZ Media, probably the most popular and busiest plant in the world.
>>
I searched far and wide for a pressing plant that would do a small pressing (100) of my band's EP on colored vinyl.

There was only one place that seemed to be in favor of the idea, so I emailed them to set it up. The head of the setup (it was basically one guy doing everything) was totally into it and what I wanted to do.

After our first two email correspondences, I didn't hear back from him.

Turns out, the day of our last email, he was killed in a freak accident at his pressing plant involving some machinery (maybe a boiler?) blowing up or catching fire.
>>
File: Panic.jpg (6 KB, 200x291) Image search: [Google]
Panic.jpg
6 KB, 200x291
>>61273305

Fucking hell, anon, that's freaky as fuck.
>>
>>61273305
shieeeet mang. 2spookt4me.
did you guys ever sort your vinyl troubles out with another company?
>>
>>61273256
>GZ Media, probably the most popular and busiest plant in the world.

Well, I had no idea. I'm going to tuck this little fact somewhere in my brain for later use.
>>
>>61273377
Here's a link to a sort of obituary. Pretty sad, and freaky.

http://www.bobbypoyner.com/uploads/1/7/5/6/17566867/chicagoland_sd_-_2013_trail_in_dance-td_bio.pdf

>>61273334
At the time, the band had mostly dissolved so there wasn't much point in continuing to pursue a pressing. We had never released our music in an album format, so we were going to try to release a 12" inch with studio recordings and live tracks, or a 7" with some singles on it for our fans.

Our band was all about doing things differently from other artists in our small scene, so we figured vinyl would be a unique step. Nobody from my town has ever pressed a record (at least in these modern times).

We were going to number the records, do handmade artwork unique to each disc, and include other handmade materials inside of the sleeves.
The pressing plant also offered random "Jackson-Pollock esque" coloring on the vinyl for free - and we liked that because it would make each record more unique.

Even though the guy that owned the place died, his family has continued the business. Palomino Records Pressing is the name of the place. I'm definitely going to consider them if I ever think about pressing records again.

http://www.palominorecordspressing.com
>>
>>61273400

I'm saying this because you'll probably have to wait a lot for your stuff to be pressed. And can be pulled even further, due to certain events (Record Store Day).
>>
>>61273505
do you guys have a sound cloud/band camp with your band's old work on it or your own work?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.