[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How accurate is this meter /mu/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: how punk are you.gif (247 KB, 1000x1524) Image search: [Google]
how punk are you.gif
247 KB, 1000x1524
How accurate is this meter /mu/?
>>
Sex Pistols are fucking terrible
>>
i'm not going to read all that shit
>>
very accurate
>>
meh 40%
>>
So punk
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/nothing-says-anarchy-in-the-uk-like-the-sex-pistols-on-a-virgin-money-credit-card-10307560.html
>>
>>61272235
Yeah basically it was all a very drawn out marketing strategy. They were only ever in it for the money
>>
>as I stated before, music is probably the least important aspect of punk rock
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 533x477) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 533x477
> green day
>>
Death Grips should really be at the top
>>
File: 1377367692316.png (406 KB, 570x489) Image search: [Google]
1377367692316.png
406 KB, 570x489
Pretty accurate.
>>
>>61272183

im not sure how accurate that is but I know your cock is shaped that way because you jerked it off everyday in your growing up years
>>
>>61272183
I mean, black flag is more punk than sex pistols...
>>
>American Idiot is an amazingly poignant protest album

Maybe so, but there are a lot of poignant political albums that aren't punk and American Idiot was about as pop sounding as you can get
>>
>>61272183
>stooges barely punk
>stopped existing before sex pistols ever became a band. Predates every other band by 15+ years
>basically invented punk
>stooges' music was punk sounding occasionally

What the fuck is this shit?
>>
>>61272183
Green Day's older material is better than the shit they've released in the past ~10 years.
>>
i haven't actually listened to the Sex Pistols yet but this chart makes it sound like they're shit talentless hacks and now i don't really want to listen to them tbqh. also i feel like The Pop Group is always overlooked in these types of threads... anyone? "Y" is GOAT punk desu
>>
File: kevin.png (526 KB, 955x638) Image search: [Google]
kevin.png
526 KB, 955x638
>>61272183
What happened to kevinposting anyway? Did he move on or did we?

these used to be my favorite mume
>>
This might be the gayest thing I've seen all day.
>>
>>61272183
Put Discharge where the Sex Pistols are and put the Sex Pistols Lower than Blink-182 and it's not entirely inaccurate. Remove Green Day entirely and then we're getting somewhere.
>>
>>61272183

>The Sex Pistols

Meh/10. a couple good songs. They're really only known for their image and attitude along with sid vicious being a cunt

>Black Flag

They're ok. "Le ebin pioneer of hardcore"

>The Clash

Commerical punk with a few good tracks. Worth listening to if you're just easing into punk.

>Green Day

Shit

>Bad Religion

While not terrible after listening to all their albums they just start to sound the same. 6.5/10 band

>The Stooges

Ok, finally we get a good band on this list. They pretty much invented punk fuck the sex pistols listen to the stooges. Why are they so low on this stupid list?

>Rancid

Their early work is alright, but seriously just go listen to some operation ivy and give rancid a skip.

>The Ramones

I have a soft spot for them, but they're basically just pop punk. Nothing really to say they're the Ramones and they're not terrible.

> Blink 182

Nice meme
>>
Kevin's dumb as shit goddamn I forgot how stupid he is
>>
>>61272183
I wish anyone who calls themselves a punk would die painfully. There's nothing punk about trying to be punk.
>>
File: 1450657055066.png (349 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1450657055066.png
349 KB, 500x500
>>61272183
>fake corporate punk band is 'most punk'
>Green Day over Ramones and Stooges

0/10 image
>>
>>61272183
Who ever created this doesn't know a damn thing about punk. Seriously, like, nothing.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.