[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am a blossoming beginner/intermediate guitar play with an seagull
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: ibanez artcore.jpg (5 KB, 172x172) Image search: [Google]
ibanez artcore.jpg
5 KB, 172x172
I am a blossoming beginner/intermediate guitar play with an seagull acoustic, Epiphone les paul, and an Ibanez artcore hollow body I just got for christmas. I play every day for hours and I fucking love it. I have have a fender mustang amp.

What is the next piece of musical equipment I need? A looper? A better amp? A good microphone? In terms of what kind of music I like to play, pretty much everything. I like folky songs I can sing in front of people, but I also like playing sludge funeral metal when I'm alone.

I fucking love electric guitars, but I feel my money might be better spent getting something before I drop a buttload on a strat. Again, what is the next piece of equipment I should get?
>>
>>61271425
Perhaps BOSS, MXR, or Ibanez pedals chosen to your liking. If you're really after a kind of metal tone just get one of the BOSS distortion pedals that isn't the Metal Zone. I had one when I first started playing and it absolutely sucked.
>>
>>61271425
What pedals you want greatly depends on what genres you enjoy playing most
>>
>>61271776
Well...will a hollow body I'm not going to be doing TOO much sludge/doom/metal of course, but music is quite malleable. What pedals/equipment would you recommend for a hollow body to play on the rock side of things?
>>
>>61271834
Honestly, when my teacher would use his, he often used an overdrive pedal but with the drive knob turned down quite a bit for a cleaner tone. His was a Fulltone OCD if I can remember correctly but he would occasionally use others that I can't quite remember the name of at the moment.
>>
>>61271834
I second the OCD
I'd avoid getting a ton of different guitars if you're intermediate so that you don't end up down the road with several mediocre guitars
Think about saving up a lot of money and once you've got your mind set on what kind of music you want to play go and buy a really nice amp that suits your style
>>
>>61272032
Good advice. No reason to keep buying guitars just yet.

Would you recommend upgrading from the fender Mustang right now?
>>
>>61272032
By the way it is the 100 dollar small mustang amp.
>>
>>61272078
>>61272109
Marshall MG series. Not too bad for solid state and you can find them mostly anywhere. Go try one in a store, the CFX models are neat with the different effects you get built-in and you can even save your settings. Downside is that they can get fairly expensive once you go above 30 watts (e.g. MG30CFX)
>>
>>61271834
Klon/soul food are good for a lighter clean boost, but can dirty up pretty well. The standard for tube screamers are Ibanez ts 9 or ts 808. Those are commonly used in classic rock. On the heavier side, I love my big muff, but zfex also makes some killer fuzz pedals. However, I would recommend getting a decent tube amp before getting pedals. The sound is just that much better.
>>
File: MG30CFX.jpg (500 KB, 1772x1526) Image search: [Google]
MG30CFX.jpg
500 KB, 1772x1526
>>61272163
pic related
>>
Hey op, could you share any tips on learning. I've got the itch but don't feel like I'm making progress. I practice everyday but I'm not sure I'm practicing the right way. Been doing so for about a month.
>>
>>61272231
Not OP, but what I did when I started, I would try to learn a new song every one to two weeks once I decided on one. Challenge yourself to do songs that become marginally difficult until you master them.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.