[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>hated Smashing Pumpkins for about 15 years >every song
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
>hated Smashing Pumpkins for about 15 years
>every song I heard on the radio somehow pissed me off and my guts clenched when I was listening to Corgan's corny menstrual whining
>didn't give a shit about listening to their albums from start to finish
>several years passed
>recently my friend showed me a live performance on YT from circa 1994
>noted that Chamberlin and Corgan technical skills absolutely astonishing live and they know their chops right
>listened to siamese dream
>liked it a lot

well, it seems that we will eventually like every piece of turd that we've heard thousand times before just because of the nostalgia factor. Guess Nickelback will be big in 2025. What are your feelings on Smashing Pumpkins?
>>
File: 48.jpg (51 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
48.jpg
51 KB, 640x480
BELIEVE
BELIEVE IN MEME
>>
>>61266395
I really like some of their albums, but i can't listen to them too often because they're really corny.
>>
>>61266395
The difference is that The Pumpkins were extremely well-liked and well-received back in their prime. Nickelback wasn't.

Also, Siamese Dream is one of the best albums of the 90s. Just throwing that out there.
>>
File: 1384987980617.jpg (8 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1384987980617.jpg
8 KB, 200x200
>>61266395
are you me? i also despised the pumpkins forever and now they're my favorite.

also, i agree with you regarding their technical skills... they're two of the best in alt rock
>>
>>61266395
One of the greatest bands of the 90's
>>
listen to Pisces Iscariot if you liked siamese dream
>>
or maybe you just grow to enjoy certain things

grats on discovering this
>>
>>61266596

well they still have so many shit threw on their albums like "Disarm" - so corny it hurts my balls and feelings the same way. also: can't find a single decent corgan lyric
>>
>>61266696
mayonaise has great lyrics
>>
>>61266696
>listening to music for lyrics

Maybe you should stick to reading poetry
>>
>>61266696
Disarm isn't corny man, it's just the honest truth
>>
>>61266696
>not liking Disarm

I'll agree that it's kinda corny, but it's also heartfelt and soulful as fuck. Plus, the climax at the end brings a tear to my eye.
>>
>>61266735

total pleb
you sounded like a redneck 'duhhh who cares what he sings aboot'
>>
SPACEBOY I MISS YHOU
>>
The smashing pumpkins are great.

the reason it's 'corny' is because Billy Corgan writes for a wide audience. He wants his music to be accessible to everyone. He is very intelligent and was well aware of all the hipper intellectual music around at the time, but he thought most of the people making it were pretentious hipsters who valued 'muh secret club' and realized that music would never have any mass impact.
>>
>>61266929
If I liked music for the lyrics I wouldn't listen to MBV or Nirvana. The only time lyrics are a problem is when they're obnoxiously bad.

>Cos of my hump (ha), my hump, my hump, my hump (what).
My hump, my hump, my hump (ha), my lovely lady lumps (Check it out)
>>
>>61267012
He wrote that song for his mentally disabled half-brother.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.