[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's talk about The Mars Volta
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (147 KB, 318x313) Image search: [Google]
image.png
147 KB, 318x313
Go
>>
What is in your opinion the 3rd best Mars Volta album?
>>
Mariachi Slipknot
>>
I don't feel like doing that right now, come back sunday or something
>>
<<61265317>> You mean Deloused in the Comatorium? It's a great album. Best track: Take the Veil Cerpin Taxt
>>
IF YOU ONLY KNEW THE PLANS THEY HAD FOR UUUUS
>>
Every TMV album was progressively worse
>>
>>61265364
Well, they are prog.
>>
>>61265314
You're wrong
>>
>>61265303
They are a band and....
>>
>>61265303
frances the mute was my least favourite on first listen, now my favourite by far. Great album that feels really cinematic in a wierd way, I always imagine it like a movie when listening to it
>>
Frances the Mute is amazing. Deloused is great. Everything else is good, ok, or super bad.
>>
>>61265394
Truth
>>
1. Frances the Mute=Amazing
2. Amputechure- Really good
3. Deloused in the Comatorium- pretty good
4. Noctourniquet- good
5. Bedlam in Goliath- bad
6. Octahedron- awful
>>
Octahedron - 10/10
Deloused In The Comatorium - 9/10
Tremulant EP - 8/10
The Bedlam in Goliath - 7/10
Noctourniquet - 7/10
Frances the Mute - 6/10
Amputecture - 5/10

Proof that I'm not baiting - http://www.last.fm/user/ZOMGALIENS/library/music/The+Mars+Volta
>>
Guys, anyone know any good post-hardcore albums that are as energetic as Relationship of Command?
>>
De-Loused was their best work. Frances the Mute is vastly overrated. The filler with spanish and babies crying killed it for me. If I wanted to hear that shit I would go down to the welfare office.
>>
>>61265554
>is vastly overrated.
that's deloused. it's all post hardcore screaming vocals that ruins every track. If I wanted to hear that I would just be a teen girl and listen to Circa Survive
>>
>>61265320
almost, yeah
>>
Why people shits on Bedlam in Goliath? It's an objetively good album, except maybe for two or three weak songs. I also feel it's the album where they reached their most unique sound.

Maybe it's too loud and maximalist for pansy asses?
>>
>>61266525
Alright listen up nigger Circa Survive is fucking cash, I barely knew a single teen girl that liked them when I loved them all through high school. Their shows are all older audiences anyways (irrelevant) and their music is still insanely good to this day
>>
>>61268384
It is loud and maximalist, but even when I was devoutly into The Mars Volta there was something not quite right about this album.

The mysticism surrounding the Ouija Board back story https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bedlam_in_Goliath#Background just leaves a sour taste in my mouth. I didn't buy it at all. The Deloused concept still holds strong for me, and I enjoyed the Frances the Mute story, even if there was some embellishment. I suspect that they "got lucky" with subject material for their first two full-lengths and then felt they had to manufacture a story to go with this one, and it suffers for it in my opinion. It's a shame because the music, and the talent, is there but it feels to me like they're playing 'for' something that is fake, and that's what people hear whether they know the story or not.
>>
>>61265364
>>61265394
>>61265485

Amputechture is their best though :(

>>61268384
doesn't have the emotional impact of the previous ones. no moment as beautiful as the viscera eyes solo or as awe-inspiring as the climax of FTM title track
>>
>>61268574
You dislike the album because of some silly made up backstory? That's pretty dumb

>>61268643
This makes sense, the album is just pure, groovy chaos.
I like that though
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.