[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Even the worst art music is superior to the best of popular music.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: timthumb.php.jpg (54 KB, 411x354) Image search: [Google]
timthumb.php.jpg
54 KB, 411x354
Even the worst art music is superior to the best of popular music.
>>
>>61259304
booo
>>
beefheart > holst
>>
File: 1446121133797.jpg (46 KB, 258x347) Image search: [Google]
1446121133797.jpg
46 KB, 258x347
>>61259304
What?
>>
>>61259314
lol
>>
This is true in modern popular music.
In the 60's, when studio wankery was minimal, early songs by The Beatles and The Beach Boys were actually worthy of being included in the tradition along with the simple songs from the Medieval/Renaissance.
But as soon as bands began using the studio and "muh ambiance" to get idiots' attention, popular music lost all worth.
>>
I agree. Since I began listening to classical music I think all popular music is garbage.
>>
>>61259325
>songs by The Beatles and The Beach Boys were actually worthy of being included in the tradition

Even worse b8 than OP
>>
Even the best of art music is no match to the talent of the Migos

#TRUTH
#WEOUTTHEREFAM
#WEDEMBOYZ
>>
>>61259321
it makes sense because beefheart is art music and holst is pop music
>>
>>61259354
>white anons
>>
If classical is so good then why is it dead?

Checkmate Christians
>>
>>61259342
You're going to tell me this isn't on par with some of the classic madrigals?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcDISOpKZbk

Have you listened to any classical music?
>>
Is classical the PC gaming of music?
>>
>>61259383
lol
>>
>>61259397
no because vidya is for kids
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.