[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what started the cyberpunk craze of the late 90's early
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 300x300.jpg (25 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
300x300.jpg
25 KB, 300x300
So what started the cyberpunk craze of the late 90's early 2000's and what killed it?

The Matrix, the direction EDM was going, Deltron 3030 that Cold Vein album cover, I keep seeing little tinges of cyberpunk in everything from that era. I find it fascinating!
I was born in '94 so I don't know much about it, can anyone fill me in?
>>
Cyberpunk has been around since the 80s m8. Read Necromancer and watch Blade Runner
>>
>>61258518
Oh and cyberpunk ended because information technology became so ubiquitous that it lost its mystique
>>
>>61258518
>Necromancer
*neuromancer
>>
>>61258660
My phone is an uncultured swine
>>
>>61258537
Cyberpunk is coming back though
>>
If our pop culture was in any way in touch with our actual culture, we would only have cyberpunk works in every medium and nothing else.
>>
>EDM
>late 90s

and here...we....go
>>
>>61258703
really? I can only think of the close down of easy access to pirating media being any chance of it coming back?
>>
>>61258703
It's really different now. Mr Robot, Death Grips, and Girl With the Dragon Tattoo are the modern form it takes. Anything with the traditional glowing neon and rain is just a nostalgic throwback at this point
>>
>>61258803
Not really, its islam+wierd climate+graffitied screen-advertising+bath salts+drones+mobile phones

We living cyberpunk
>>
>>61258675
I feel you bro
>>
ok computer is cyberpunk...?
>>
>>61258703
We are living in cyberpunk dystopia, maybe that's why you're confused

>>61258703
This
>>
>>61258906
Not exactly, but it deals with similar themes. It's more about the human cost of the 90s economic and technological boom
>>
>>61258477
i loved that shit but its too outdated now
>>
Cyberpunk stopped being fiction and became real
>>
A lot of what made cyberpunk interesting is still going on, the exploration of technological low life and post modern alienation is a big thing in the art world right now as it's very relevant
>>
>>61259130
nice meme, go outside please
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.