[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What to buy with $50 giftcard as a multi instrumentalist? Strange/toy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
What to buy with $50 giftcard as a multi instrumentalist? Strange/toy instruments are cool but also just stuff for other instruments.

Also this can be a general "here are my interests, what do I buy with the billion giftcards I now have" thread too.

Merry Christmas.
>>
>>61257120

desu Spyro is average. I played it when I was a kid and I always thought Crash Bandicoot blew that series out the fucking way. Abe's Odyssey as well. And if any of you fuckers wanna protest it's PS1 ONLY! No fucking N64 BS.
>>
>>61257148
Spyro is better because it's what I had as a kid.
>>
>>61257174

I guess I can feel that. I had it but it never really resonated. Like, I have nostalgic and I still play it once every full moon but it's not as fun as other games I use to play.
>>
As a guitar player, I might suggest investing in some neat capos & pedals or even a Spider Capo. Small stuff like that is always neat
>>
If you play guitar, I'd put it towards pedals or strings and picks. If you don't play guitar, I am going to assume everything else you'd need for audio equipment will cost you a lot and the $50 will just take a small portion of it off
>>
>>61257293
>>61257392
Pedals are something I've been looking at. Does anyone have a specific recommendation?
>>
Do you have a good electric tuner? Even if you can tune by ear they're useful to have, especially when doing stuff like switching into different systems, like into baroque tunings at 415 or 380 Hz, though I have no idea if you play kind of music where you'd do this.

You could get some books of sheet music with that, though again depending on what you play that could be more or less of something you might want to do.

Can get accessories, like if you play lute family instruments, capos, new straps, and the like, some new plectra which cost nearly nothing.
>>
>>61257413
What kind of music do you enjoy playing? I think everyone could use a delay, reverb, tuner and some sort of distortion or OD though, so if you desire any of those, there are plenty of recs
>>
>>61257499
Punk/post-punk primarily.
>>
>>61257120
Latin Percussion stuff.

Agogo bells
Claves
Vibraslap (for when your ozzy cover band needs to do crazy train)
Flex-a-tone (YouTube that shit and you'll want one)
More cowbell
Pitched/temple blocks
>>
>>61257700
Maybe try to pick up a used MXR Micro Flanger for some post-punk vibes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Y7e5uafLKo
>>
otamatone https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHGe4LsGTlQ
>>
>>61257148
>that soundtrack
>that atmosphere
>that good feel when gliding
nah fuck you family
>>
Getting back all my gems from that fucking bear was so satisfying
>>
>>61259635
fucking spoilers
>>
>>61257120
Vibrator; then use it on your guitar
>>
>>61260525
Aerith dies. Oops ;)
>>
>>61260585
I will play the remake if it is not turn-based I probably would enjoy the original if I'd played it as a child (like Pokémon) but I didn't.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.