[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your all time favorite concert experience?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (627 KB, 1885x1635) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
627 KB, 1885x1635
What's your all time favorite concert experience?
>>
>>61254541

At a Starfucker concert, which was the first time I took MDMA.
Followed by ACL fest this year, because father john misty held my hand up in the air after I grabbed his beard.
>>
Seeing Godspeed on three hits of acid.
Shit fucking destroyed me. Felt like I was stepped on by a Giant.
>>
Run the Jewels! was fucking amazing because I was up front and both killer mike and elp were rapping over me and I got to hi-5 both of them
>>
Getting hit with King Buzzo's sweaty hair at a Melvins show.
>>
Paula Abdul. I saw that shit on 4 hits of drugs and when she performed Opposites Attract and the video of the dancing cartoon cat started playing, I felt like god herself was sucking my little dick.
>>
How do I not be a sperg who just stands in place at concerts

Do drugs help?
>>
>>61254686
if you're someone who likes to stand in place at concerts dont expect most drugs to change that.
>>
>>61254686
Molly will make you dance borderline uncontrollably. You will lose all inhibitions.
Alcohol and Weed may help.
>>
>>61254571
why the fuck would you grab his beard? you sound like a dumbass
>>
>>61254729

He leaned into the crowd. It was more of a stroke than a grab, really
>>
>>61254686
bob your head and do whatever the person next to you is doing
>>
Probably Stars this past week when they played Set Yourself on Fire front to back three nights in a row in Toronto. They're masterful performers and it's one of my all-time favorite albums.
>>
FIDLAR at our smallish venue playing right after their second album came out. I was straight hammered having the time of my life. Would go to that concert every weekend 10/10.

Run the jewels was also fun, as another anon mentioned.
>>
Saw Car Seat Headrest the night before my last day of undergrad classes and got invited to play the saxophone solo on a cover of Money. That was absolutely amazing, if that counts as a 'concert experience'.

Second choice would be at one of the first Neutral Milk Hotel reunion shows, where towards the end I was jumping around with a bunch of punks to Untitled, followed immediately by all of us swaying together and singing along to Two Headed Boy Pt. 2
>>
>>61254853
Awesome man, I saw fidlar on holloween they are amazing live.
>>
File: 1415747038497.gif (2 MB, 320x382) Image search: [Google]
1415747038497.gif
2 MB, 320x382
>>61254870
>tfw will never have this much fun with other people in my life
fuck..
>>
File: Grippin' It Up.jpg (300 KB, 1066x1066) Image search: [Google]
Grippin' It Up.jpg
300 KB, 1066x1066
I saw Neutral Milk Hotel at the Paramount in Seattle which was really emotional and intimate, and then 2 weeks later I saw Death Grips at the Showbox (the first show of TPTB tour) and that was off the rails; my sweat soaked through all three shirts I brought and my voice was hoarse as fuck at work the next morning. Just the proximity of those two shows and the range of emotion makes it difficult which one was more satisfying.

Pic related, it's the only picture of me at the Death Grips concert wearing my last shirt
>>
>BYOB Local Concert with a band my friend is in
>show up to the place with a friend I hadn't seen in 6 months and a slab of Swanny Ds
>2 hours early
>place is literally a dark room across the road from an old (retired) prison
>we fuck off out the front and smoke cigarettes with the band and other randoms from uni
>bands start
>It's psych rock like early Tame Impala (this takes place in their home town)
>by the time my friend's band gets up, me and my other friend are fucking nattered
>we sit down to the side of the bass amp for like 20 minutes waiting, just absorbing the shitshow
>Band starts and we don't even notice, I'm just sitting there while others are moshing around me, the bass is reverberating through my chest and face
>Eventually we get up and start moshing ourselves
>shit gets pretty rough, I fall over onto another amp and my glasses fly off my face
>spend the remainder of the song searching on the floor in the mosh with my phone,
>when the song finishes, I go up and ask the singer to make an annoncement, I'm stopped from doing this, somebody found my glasses
>after their set ends, me and my bud neck the remainder of our beer and go outside to dance to Castles Made of Sand
>we get egged by a passing car
>we, annoyed by this, decide to steal a traffic cone and a shopping trolley from a nearby shopping center car park
>we pushed each-other down a ramp in the shopping trolley
>eventually my friend passes out in the car-park of the prison, he wakes up to throw up
>my parents arrive to pick us up, by this time we both have thrown up

all in all it was a good night
>>
saw kishi bashi at the fonda theater in la
was really nice, energy was great, he's a fantastic performer
>>
>>61254541
Seattle death grips
>>
>>61254898
the last tour NHM did was really fucking good, especially since the show i saw was in Miami and Julian Koster got into a speech about how his grandmother lived here and was feeling ill. Really pulled at the heartstrings.
>>
>>61254541
Kanye West. I knew all the words to all the songs, so did everyone around me, just really good vibe, almost "euphoric"
>tips shutter shades
>>
>>61255040
N-n-nathan?
>>
>>61255092
It's hard not to list that NMH concert as my favorite because they did every song on their studio albums besides Communist Daughter
>>
>>61254745
id like to bump into you in a dark alley
>>
I went to a NMH show, and I swear to god that this wasn't on a single advertisement or Facebook page or anything, but the remaining members of The Shaggs opened. They played for 45 minutes. They played music from Philosophy of the World, and had to try to be as bad as it was on the album. People were so pissed off.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.