[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What concerts did you see in 2015? What concerts are you looking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 2
What concerts did you see in 2015? What concerts are you looking forward to in 2016?

I saw Arcade Fire, Dr. Dog,Spoon, Kurt Vile, Waxahatchee, Mikal Cronin, We Were Promised Jet Packs, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Lower Dens, Fuzz, and Speedy Ortiz.

>best show
>Fuzz

>worst show
>Spoon
>>
>>61253178
>best show
Purple Pilgrims

>Worst Show
True Widow, but I was there to see LSD and the Search for God who were amazing.
>>
none because i have no friends and going to concerts is a social thing
>>
>>61253178
>best show
Neil Young

>worst show
Alt-J
>>
I think all I saw was Hiatus Kaiyote and Mick Jenkins

Mick Jenkins was alright, not a whole lot of energy in the crowd and the performances were standard

Hiatus was the best concert I've been to so far, but maybe I was just really feeling it
>>
>going to shows as a viewer
play shows bros.
>>
>2015
Death Grips
nobody else worth noting

>2016
Car Seat Headrest
Godspeed You! Black Emperor
Animal Collective

And that's just from January to March
>>
>>61253178

THEY HAVE TO GO BACK
>>
>best
earth wind & fire, was expecting a horrible show but I had so much fun and they sounded great for being ancient

>worst
cloud nothings, sounded good but tiny shit venue with shit crowd
>>
>2015
Death Grips x2
Flying Lotus
Health
Kendrick Lamar
Yung Lean
My dads band a couple times
Xavier Wulf Chris Travis Bones
>>
>>61253216
> alt-j
Which one did you go to?
>>
>>61253178
i saw neutral milk hotel and alt-j. they were both really great shows but nmh was obviously like otherwordly good
>>
>>61253266
>cloud nothings

Where did you see them perform?
>>
>>61253299
I just don't like their music, especially the vocals holy shit the vocals are annoying. There was nothing wrong with the show except a listless crowd. I only went to because my friend gave me the ticket and I had nothing better to do.

Their drummer's pretty good though.
>>
John Jacob Magistery, Strand of Oaks, The Franklin Electric, Run the Jewels, Bahamas, The Decemberists, The Thurston Moore Band, FKA twigs, Viet Cong, Schoolboy Q, The Rural Alberta Advantage, Arkells, Young the Giant, St. Vincent, Alvvays, Ben Harper & the Innocent Criminals, Interpol, Patrick Watson, Weezer, Kendrick Lamar, Jessica Hernandez & the Deltas, James Bay, Gary Clark Jr, Father John Misty, Future Islands, The War on Drugs, Philip Selway, alt-J & the Black Keys.

>Best
Kendrick

>Worst
Patrick Watson. Was already awful, made even worse by the fact that I was waiting for Weezer the whole time.
>>
Best: Nicholas Jaar

Worst: The Darkness (I got in for free but wow so terrible)
>>
>>61253178
Saw: St. Vincent, Fucked Up, Kendrick, RtJ, Dave Matthews Band, U2, Danny Brown, Bassnectar, Neil Young, Mastodon, Judas Priest, Gary Clark Jr, and a shit load of folky bands I can't remember at this one fest.

Also met Blake Mills.
>>
>>61253392
You went to Wayhome, didn't you?
>>
>>61253373
a bar in normal IL
>>
>>61253466
Osheaga
>>
Too many shows to name, best is either Sun Kil Moon or Parquet Courts, Sun Kil Moon if I had to choose, Kozelek came on stage at 8:30 angrily demanding that the venue's air conditioning be turned off, and left the stage at 12:30 after almost 4 hours of self deprecating jokes about how fat, old and ugly he was getting, him creepily eyeing all the women in the front row and saying how he loves it when they say "whoooo" at the end of songs, and a semi-improvised 10 minute song about how much he wanted to fuck the teenage girl who worked at a takeaway chicken restaurant across from his hotel.

Worst would have to be either Perfect Pussy in terms of a completely laughably woeful performance, or Tim Hecker in terms of disappointment, the venue's sound was off and there was a broken smoke machine chugging away in the background throughout his entire set
>>
FYF Fest, The Internet, Vince Staples
Best at FYF was easily Kanye. I was too tired the next day to enjoy Death Grips and Mac DeMarco.
Vince Staples was pretty great, ton of energy in the audience.
>>
>Best show
Ride

>Worst show
Mac Demarco at a festival because of the crowd
>>
>>61253178
I ended up going to Music Midtown (sucked this year aside from maybe Lenny Kravitz), Marilyn Manson with the Smashing Pumpkins, and Modest Mouse. Didn't go to a lot of concerts this year but out of them, Modest Mouse was the most fun.
>>
Beach House, Vacation, The American Jobs, FIDLAR, Tweens, Leggy, Grooms, A Place to Bury Strangers, Waxahatchee, Sleater-Kinney, Radioactivity, Nervosas, Bad Sports, Assponies, Shellshag, Everyday Objects

Best: A Place to Bury Strangers, far and away

Worst: FIDLAR. Went for friends. Couldn't stand them before, can't stand them now. So fake.

>>61253202
Aww, True Widow is bad live? I love them
>>
Shaky Knees festival was fucking great. Absolutely stacked lineup. I also saw Blur and Courtney Barnett, who were pretty great.
>>
>>61253641
Not like they're bad live, I just started to get very very sleepy. They don't exactly have the most lively performances and they played for a long time is all. Also I didn't recognize most of the songs. But they sounded fine, they wee definitely heavy and loud.
>>
>>61253670
really wish i could've gone, was super impressed by their lineup for such a new festival
>>
>>61253707
Oh, I would probably like it then haha
>>
I forgot to mention Sleater Kinney.

They were good, but not great.
>>
I saw Beach Slang. The band covered The Replacements as an encore. It was an awesome show .
>>
From best to worst.

Sun Kil Moon
Julia Holter
Death Grips
The Antlers
My Morning Jacket
A Place to Bury Strangers

Didn't see as many acts as I would have liked to, but it was still a great year none the less.
>>
>>61253392
are the black keys worth seeing live anymore?

>>61253641
>beach house
yeah fuck you
>>
>>61253753
>tfw Modern Girl starts
>>61253802
Bro how did you not like APTBS? They are ridiculously tight and exciting live
>>
>>61253839
Sorry I should have added, it's not that I didnt enjoy it. They were great, and I had a really good time. Just my least favorite show I went to this year.
>>
>>61253835
>fuck you
What did I do
>>
I'm looking forward to seeing Savages in 2016.
>>
>>61253855
Oh, Ok. You did have a pretty stacked list to be fair
>>
Seems i'm the only one going to springsteen so far in here for 2016
>>
dark star orchestra
toe
twiddle x2
jamie xx
golden gate wingmen
Kamasi Washington
dead and company

>best
toe

>runner-up
dead and company

>worst
Jamie xx

it was all fun besides jamie, thought that show was really disappointing
>>
>best show
either Flint Eastwood in Detroit or Stars in Toronto

>worst show
Lieutenant in Pontiac. Fuck Nate Mendel, he's an AIDS denialist tin-foil hat devoid of any personality
>>
>>61253871
No worries. I thought A Place to Bury Strangers had some of the best stage presence I'd seen this year, that's for sure. Tossing their fucking guitars around n shit like they just did not give a fuck. Also the loudness was nice. 2nd loudest show I've been to for sure, behind Swans.
>>
>>61253234
I'm seeing Godspeed in San Pedro in Feb! Hbu?
>>
>>61253883
How was twiddle in concert? Worth seeing?
>>
>2015
Zappa Plays Zappa
Neutral Milk Hotel
Death Grips
Interpol
Primus
Modest Mouse

>Best:
Interpol

>Worst:
Modest Mouse (they were actually good, but I was bummed that they didn't play a single tune from LCW. Plus my seats weren't fantastic either, but I won tickets so I can't complain too loudly).

>2016
Only one I have lined up for now is Super Furry Animals in May...but holy shit am I looking forward to that.
>>
>>61253178
those are literally the worst bands of all time OP. I hope you know your taste is shit
>>
>>61253944
>Zappa Plays Zappa
Shit doing One Size Fits All? I was gonna see him in November but had to pass it up. Fucking regret it so much.
>>
Swans, BTBAM, Alcest, Godspeed, Grips, Deafheaven.
Godspeed was the best show I've ever been too. Grips was a little disappointing because of how terrible the sound was.

Next year I'm thinking about catching Future but I don't know if that would be safe since it's in the heart of Atlanta.
>>
>>61253961
Yeah man, plus a set of other tunes afterwards. Fucking incredible.
>>
>>61253990
Grips sound was terrible when I saw them too, still a great show though. mostly cause their setlist was fantastic.
>>
File: LEVITATION-CHICAGO-2016-gif.gif (2 MB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
LEVITATION-CHICAGO-2016-gif.gif
2 MB, 600x600
Really looking forward to this for 2016, any other Chicago /mu/tants hyped?
>>
>>61253999
Any mothers stuff or just solo Zappa material?
>>
>>61254002
Yeah, it was fun pushing around and feeling the energy (and the setlist was great) but you could tell they just cranked the backing tracks up to 11 without mixing, it was all clipped and distorted to hell.
Still fun.
>>
>>61253990
>Next year I'm thinking about catching Future but I don't know if that would be safe since it's in the heart of Atlanta.
shut the fuck up dude Atlanta is fine. Which venue anyway?
>>
>>61253990
>Fute in ATL
I can't begin to imagine
>>
>>61253882
I would but he's not coming to my town. My brother is seeing him twice though.
>>
>>61254060
He's at the Masquerade, I was thinking about seeing him with a friend but he told me about his (white) friend getting jumped after a Young Thug (I think) show last year
>>
>>61253591
What festival anon? I saw him at Beach Goth and the crowd was also horrible
>>
>>61254089
>the crowd was horrible
>Beach Goth
there's your problem. No offense, but I'd never go to that shitfest.
>>
>>61254023
Both! Mothers stuff included Status Back Baby, Big Leg Emma, Son of Suzy Creamcheese,
Who Needs the Peace Corps?, What's the Ugliest Part of Your Body?, and My Guitar Wants to Kill Your Mama
>>
>>61254109
Holy shit. So jealous. At least I know Dweezil will probably be doing the ZPZ thing til he dies so I will have another chance to see him for sure.
>>
I saw:

>Earth
>Battles
>A Place to Bury Strangers
>D'Angelo
>King Khan and BBQ Show
>Deerhunter
>>
>Best
Joanna Newsom
>Worst
Bradford Cox
>>
>>61254096
The Growlers are the greatest thing to happen to modern rock dude, noone else sounds like them, they are breaking musical grounds dude
>>
>>61254151
Worst show was Battles because of the moshing. Fuck that. I almost got in a fight.
>>
>>61254126
Yeah definitely check him out if he swings by again. His playing is absolutely stellar. Worth the money.
>>
>>61254177
>Moshing
>Battles
are you fucking kidding me?
>>
>>61253268
you from Houston?
>>
>best show
-Neutral Milk Hotel at the Warner Grand
-La Dispute at the Observatory
-Beach House also at the Observatory

>Worst show
-Death Grips
>>
>neet masterrace reporting in

hi
>>
>>61253939
Definitely. I actually saw them 3 times, not 2. The only bad part is the fans. They're just very obnoxious fake hippie type people. Once you get lost in the music, its great. The guys are always in sync and there's never a moment where I feel like there's no energy
>>
>>61254262
Pathetic.
>>
>2015
The Hotelier
Surfer Blood
Title Fight
La Dispute
Dan Deacon x2
30 Foot Fall
Wavves
Mac Demarco
DIIV
TWIABP
HEALTH
Death Grips
Nicolas Jaar
Kendrick Lamar
Com Truise

>Best: Mac Demarco

>Runner up: Death Grips

>Worst: TWIABP

Biggest regret is having bought tickets for of Montreal but forgetting about the show itself until it was too late
>>
Bayside, less than jake, hozier, mowglis, tiny moving parts, the wonder years, alabama shakes, circa survive, modern baseball, pup, turnover, sorority noise, The world is a beautiful place & i am no longer afraid to die, ballyhoo!
>>
>>61254087
Masquerade safe
Don't be a pussy
>>
It was killer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTEzQpZgIMg
>>
Coolest concert experience I had this year: saw The Underachievers in Ann Arbor, and Kirk Knight of Pro Era was an opener. Very small venue and we were able to just move right next to the stage when we got there at the listed time. My buddy is a huge PE stan and was probably more excited to see Kirk than UA. Anyway, Kirk spits his verse to Bun n Cheese and the music stops, but of course my buddy knows all the words to STEEZ's verse and starts going at it. Kirk hears him and hands him the mic, and my man spits the whole thing flawlessly. Crowd goes wild, he gets pulled on stage and gets to watch from there and meet and chat with Kirk after his set. I was stoned off my ass and watched the whole thing play out in awe. Was pretty dope.
>>
>>61254343
what didn't you like about twiabp
>>
>who I saw
Cult of Youth
Refused (in a relatively small DC venue, it was amazing)
Against Me!
Big Ups
Babes in Toyland (with Kitten Forever, who killed it)
Car Seat Headrest
a bunch of shows at the local DIY venue

>best
A tie between CSH (they used to play at the previously-mentioned DIY venue all the time when Will went to W&M) and a homecoming show at that venue with a bill made up of old friends. Got to sing a Mclusky cover with one of those bands, which was amazing.

>worst
Big Ups. They weren't bad at all, but I got there pretty late because of work, and there was virtually no one there. Nobody looked like they were having much fun.
>>
>>61253392
I saw Patrick Watson this year also and he put on a great set. Doesn't exactly help that you were waiting for some shit band, not only well past their prime, but ventured into a whole new level of washed up, dad-joke-worthy disappointment. I feel sorry for you.
>>
>>61254629
oh, also saw Deafheaven with Envy. Venue fucked up the set times, so we got there almost halfway through Envy's set, and my friend was going there pretty much just to see them. Probably my least favorite of the four times I've seen Deafheaven, but that's mostly because of the venue; having them on a massive, six-foot stage took away the intensity and power of their shows (for me, anyway). Probably didn't help that I wasn't a massive fan of New Bermuda, either.
>>
>>61254610
7 smelly guys cramped on one small stage. The music was fine, but it was my least favorite show. There was a lack of energy both form them and the crowd.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (135 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
135 KB, 1920x1080
Saw Brian Wilson last month perform on campus, way better than whatever the Beach Boys are today
>>
This year I only went to one show, it was Kanye. UT was preety good in a sense. He preformed really well and he didn't to any thing too stupid. Still he was an hour late and he berly communicated with the audience
>>
>tfw i dont go to shows because i have no friends and no car
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.