[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm in love with this demo. Can't wait till they c
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7
File: GLOSS.jpg (56 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
GLOSS.jpg
56 KB, 700x700
I'm in love with this demo. Can't wait till they come out with an album. If you dig hxc punk or are interested in gender stuff, check this shiz out.

http://girlslivingoutsidesocietysshit.bandcamp.com/album/demo

Any other trans /m/users out there? I'm super inspired and moved, fuckkkkkk
>>
that demo's uncreative & boring lol
>>
>>61251741
Certainly a decent idea, but uninspired hardcore, and fails to measure up to the queercore releases of the 90's
>>
>>61251741
I love it too OP
>>
>>61251843
I don't really listen to hard core desu but I want to change that. I listen to mostly post-punk and some post-hardcore. The trans shit is what caught my attention.

Have any recommendations if I like this demo? I'm very interested in this queercore you speak of.
>>
>>61252235
not him but this is pretty similar.

http://cerce.bandcamp.com/album/cerce

hardcore with female vocals
>>
IM IN LOVE WITH THE COCO
>>
>>61251741
Its cool and all but they did literally nothing new.

They are a carbon copy of limp wrist just trans instead of gay. its also worth mentioning that the only reason they are relevant is because they are trans, not because their music is good. These guys are riding their image and I don't like that.
>>
>>61252235
>I'm very interested in this queercore you speak of.
Check out Fifth Column, God Is My Co-Pilot, Pansy Division, and Team Dresch.

Welcome to the second best punk subgenre
>>
>>61252515
>>61252235
Don't forget about Limp Wrist.
>>
they're much better than 90s queercore (which isn't even a genre) shit
>>
>>61251741
I thought the demo was solid. Not that original of a hardcore release instrumentally but the message is great and the message is what punk is all about. Really looking forward to an LP.
>>
>>61252515
>>61252814
Isn't there also a band called Gayrilla Biscuits
>>
File: winkputin.jpg (35 KB, 538x378) Image search: [Google]
winkputin.jpg
35 KB, 538x378
>>61251741
>reminder that this band only got well known just because whirl bullied them
>>
I don't listen to music made by drag queens.
>>
Shitty bland hardcore made by literal faggots just riding on the tumblr train
>>
BACK OFF/GET LOST/HELL NO/YEAH RIGHT
ON THE STREET/YOU FOLLOW ME AROUND/CATCALL FROM BEHIND SEE MY FACE AND CUT ME DOWN/"TRANNY"/"SHEMALE"/"FAGGOT"/"WHORE"/BUT I'M A FLAWLESS BITCH AND YOU'RE A FUCKING BORE/THIS MAKEUP IS FOR MY EYES/THESE FISHNETS ARE FOR MY THIGHS/THIS WALK IS HOW I GOT THROUGH LIFE/YOU WANT THE PEPPER SPRAY FIRST OR THE POCKET KNIFE?!/TARGETED BY MEN/WE'RE TARGETS OF MEN/TARGETED BY MEN/WE'RE TARGETS/DID I SAY YOU COULD LOOK AT ME?!/DID I SAY YOU COULD TALK TO ME?!/YOU REALLY THINK WE'D BE FRIENDS?!/SHUT YOUR FUCKING MOUTH AND HANG YOUR HEAD/I DON'T REMEMBER INVITING YOUR WORDS/I DON'T REMEMBER INVITING YOUR GAZE/I'D NEVER ASK YOUR OPINION OF SHIT!/MY BODY/MY RULES/GET ON WITH IT

simply beautiful
>>
>>61255139
why do people say it's bland? i give absolutely zero fucks about their politics, but i like them just because of their sound.
>>
>>61255217
i guess it is just taste but there are other hardcore bands that I like much, much better. this is bland and adds exactly nothing musically. the drums are good though.
>>
serious related question: what do you guys think of whirr?

i think the stuff with the girl singer was p okay desu senpai
>>
>>61255403
Decent to good shoegaze. Very derivative but wholly enjoyable.
>>
>>61255423
yeah for some reason without the girl singer it sucks. the distressor album has some stellar moments
>>
>>61251795
that demo/ep is great
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 625x280) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 625x280
>>61255139
>le all transgenders are tumblr meme
>>
>>61251741
here's your (you)

now fuck off you trannie shit
>>
>>61257280
>>>/pol/
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
>>61257280
>24 answers
>here's your (you)
>>
absolutely mediocre middle of the road local hardcore band that any of you can find within 50 miles of your city. there is nothing, absolutely nothing special about their music. 'as someone who listens to' hardcore, i pisses me off that this band is hailed as the best shit on the block right now
and i think everyone else who has actively listened to hardcore for years agrees with me
hell, i don't see gloss get hype anywhere hardcore related
hell, why aren't they taking off?

is it seriously all just because they 'tackle' trans issues?
>>
>>61257326
>is it seriously all just because they 'tackle' trans issues?
yes
is that a problem for you or...?
>>
>>61257335
>>61257326
Whirr and only Whirr
>>
>>61257335
so it's completely an identity thing? if people like the band or connect to whatever sense of rage felt because of whatever trans experience that's fine. but they are absolutely mediocre musically
and they're not doing trans people any favors. the more i hear about them the more it sounds like self congratulatory narcissism.
>>
File: 1449832648250.jpg (31 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1449832648250.jpg
31 KB, 500x667
>>
Wait are there honestly retards that hate trans issues awareness? I thought it was just a joke holy shit xD
As for the EP: it rips
>>
>>61257411
replace gender with sex and its accurate
>>
>>61257459
hook, line, and sinker!
>>
terrible band that's only popular because they're trans. i can understand if it were like against me! and they were actually talented but nope
>>
>>61257411
blatantly and scientifically wrong

nice meme anyway /pol/cuck
>>
your average untalented hardcore/pv band except with one distinctive feature that allow them to attract both tumblr's "muh bravery" transwhorshipers and /pol/ "muh cultural marxism" edgelords, giving them steady buzz offline and online (as seen ITT)
>>
>>61257498
>i can understand if it were like against me! and they were actually talented

> against me!
>actually talented

???????
>>
>>61257550

Your point?
>>
>>61257591
> against me!
>actually talented
>>
>>61257600

At least we agree they're a good band.
>>
kek

a band of trans girls has just as much potential to be godawful as a band of dudebros and this fucking band demonstrates that
>>
>>61257411
that's literally what sex is
you don't get it, do you?
>>
>le tranny gimmick
>>
>>61257498
Transgender Dysphoria Blues doesn't live up to Reinventing Axl Rose or Eternal Cowboy or even come close
>>
>>61257498
Modern against me! is absolutely awful
>>
There is no difference between gender and sex. Just really lame weird fucks fiending for attention post 2010. There will never be a Trans revolution like there was for gays. The gay population is a legitimate subset, Trans are just some idiots looking for attention and care nothing more about anything other than shoving their bullshit in your face. Gay artists don't do that. Love the gays, they are the only ones who can stop these Trans fools.
>>
>>61258368
It's like you're begging to get batted in the face.
>>
File: tumblr_nqszpoQWB51tm163xo1_1280.jpg (472 KB, 1280x1071) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nqszpoQWB51tm163xo1_1280.jpg
472 KB, 1280x1071
>>
>>
>>61258487
>Mental illness
>>
>>61251741
enjoy your 40% suicide rate
>>
>>61258487
>violence should be used against those who disagree with me

how progressive
>>
There are much better modern hardcore bands, people just like gloss because of identity politics bullshit
>>
>>61258368
Because it's absolutely impossible people are transsexual for themselves right?
>>
>>61258368
This is true for like 90% of people calling themselves "trans" right now, but for the remaining 10% who actually just feel that they were born with the wrong hormones, there should be support and less discrimination.
>>
>>61258509
>>61258516
Was this drawn by actual 11 year olds?
>>
>Girls Living Outside of Society's Shit
>Girls

LOL
>>
>>61258368
As a male who is interested in perpetuating my genes I encourage this trans death cult and am glad at every man who emasculates himself and thus depletes the pool of competition. You ladies keep keepin' on.
>>
>>61259961
Poor special lil snow flakes
Needs more monies for dem program,
Dindu nuffins, gibs them dats
>>
lmaooo i love reading these threads. seeing everyone get pissed off about irrelevant shit is hilarious
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.