[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you lot think of Gorillaz?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 3
File: demondays.png (873 KB, 1468x1468) Image search: [Google]
demondays.png
873 KB, 1468x1468
What do you lot think of Gorillaz?
>>
alright but overrated
>>
I thought of them when I was 14
>>
>>61250511
I was 16
>>
I am a huge fan and I think that Plastic Beach is their best album desu.
>>
>>61250543
I'm kind of torn between Demon Days and Gorillaz, but without Feel Good Inc. Gorillaz would win without question.
>>
>>61250567
I feel that senpai
>>
They have great albums (only one that's shit is The Fall but it was made in an iPad who cares) and I'm hyped as fuck for their new album next year
>>
>>>/reddit/
>>
They're good. I prefer Blur.
>>
File: phase4.png (751 KB, 1024x1164) Image search: [Google]
phase4.png
751 KB, 1024x1164
>>61250635
Someone on Reddit made a concept for their next album, the name "Phase 4" actually fits pretty good to be honest family
>>
>>61250543
i almost have to agree with you, but to be fair, they are consistent in quality and originality
>>
13-year-old-core but still great
>>
/mu/ likes hating everything, but I think most people here like Gorillaz.
>>
>>61250906
true. because it's popular and it's something normies can get into but I mean what is there to hate really? if it sounds good, it sounds good
>>
>>61251040
gorillaz got me into a lot of cool music that I wouldn't have liked before
I owe them a lot
>>
>>61250785

i was exactly 13 when demon days came out
>>
they aight
>>
i used to worship them

i still listen to singles now and again. i don't really care for the band as much, but my 'normie' friends like them a lot.
>>
Any friend of Pazuzu is a friend of mine ^^
>>
I have a friend who calls all hip hop nigger music and when we give him the aux he goes straight to playing the gorillaz off youtube. Kind of feel bad he hasn't been exposed to any music outside of the Gorillaz.

However I do hope Kendrick is featured on their next album.
>>
Pretty great considering how much mainstream appeal they have. The characters and vague-as-fuck storyline they used to have really had me interested as a kid. Now I think it's kinda lame, but the music is still good.
>>
>s/t was god awful, incredibly cringeworthy
>demon days was an easy 9/10, maybe even a 10
>plastic beach was somewhat generic, nothing special, pretty boring

one of the three albums I listened to was really fucking good and their other work is 99% trash. I have mixed feelings about them but because of my love for demon days I'll definitely check out their new album when it comes out
>>
>>61254818
i somewhat agree with this. self-titled was hit and miss in places. demon days is by far their best. plastic beach has an interesting concept and moments of brilliance but there isn't enough happening on most tracks.
>>
>>61250488
3 years ago Plastic Beach was my all time favourite album and Demon Days was in my top 5

Nowadays neither break my top 50 but I am still hyped for their new album
>>
>>61251040
This
>>
>>61255327
literally me except switch demon days with S/T
>>
>>61255754
I never understood the praise of their first album, even at the height of my Gorillaz craze it was only a 7 in my eyes, nowadays more like a 6

It's just really inconsistent and feels like a compilation and not a full album like Demon Days or Plastic Beach
>>
>>61256042
ya it is a 7, but demon days is like a 6

plastic beach is a solid 8.5 though
>>
>>61256042
s/t haves some of their best tracks though
>Clint Eastwood (obviously)
>Sound Check
>Slow Country
>19-2000
>Double Bass
the bad thing about the album is that the vocals are cringy as fuck and you can barely understand anything, what the fuck was damon thinking?
>>
Still love 'em, and they manage to have an appeal to me that makes up for all their overblown hype, odd to describe.

That being said, for their albums, s/t is a relic at this point, feeling more like a Blur album than it's own creature on Demon Days. Plastic Beach was a fun album with some lovely bits. The Fall took a lot of warming up to, but it was interesting to hear something so subdued. Can't wait for the new album.
>>
>>61256115
Gorillaz did a great job at making left-field pop, better than the meme lady Grimes
>>
>>61256140
I have no opinion, but from what I hear of hers, she just isn't my appeal. It only makes her popularity all the more confusing to me.
>>
>>61250488

i enjoy listening to them but damon is a wanker.
>>
>>61254818
>>s/t was god awful, incredibly cringeworthy
>>
>>61256218
Noel was a fuckin' nard though, man. Serious gumby. Albarn was always a gigantic tosspot too though.
>>
>>61256269

ayup bum tits lass pu ke'lle on
>>
>>61250543
Plastic Beach is such a chill album.
To Binge is probably the best song on there.
>>
Has anyone else noticed there fanbase being autistic as fuck?
Seriously, go onto one of there music videos on youtube and look at the comments. I guarentee there will be some autistic 12 year olds roleplaying as 2D amd Murdoc and shit.
>>
>>61250488
babby's first hiphop
>>
>>61257176
They're cartoon characters, of course there's going to be a sliver of the fanbase that does shit like that. Same thing happened with shows like Gravity Falls and Rick and Morty, it's like another rule of the internet. If it exists, there will be autists roleplaying and weebing shit up. We've all been twelve, they'll get over it.
>>
>>61250693
Well yes because phase 3 was plastic beach
>>
File: 1378473568001.jpg (81 KB, 708x720) Image search: [Google]
1378473568001.jpg
81 KB, 708x720
I really like Demon Days and Plastic Beach. s/t is okay I guess.
>>
O Green World is a masterpiece. Full stop.
>>
The only band that I have been listening to consistently for the entire time. By which I mean from s/t until now.
>>
On Melancholy Hill is basically the greatest pop song of all time.
>>
>>61254818
>s/t was god awful, incredibly cringeworthy
Their best tracks to date are on this record. It is less cohesive, has quite a few bad tracks, but material like Sound Check, TCT, New Genius, and so on is better than anything on Damon Days.
>>
If the only song I got to listen to for the rest of my life was Feel Good Inc, I wouldn't mind it
>>
Empire Ants and To Binge will never stop giving me feels.
>>
If you try to talk shit about November Has Come, you deserve whatever's coming to you.
>>
>>61259648
Stop the dams for me is the most feel song they ever made
>>
Demon days is a great album. Self titled and plastic beach have some of my favorite tracks but feel less consistant to me
>>
I don't really get why they put themselves behind the characters, why not just have a band with themselves

The songs are fucken amazing, so that wouldn't really make a difference
>>
People like to say it's for 15 year olds because they liked it when they were 15 and think that means it's bad but they liked it at 15 because they are very good and also accessible. Good bandand puts out quality works. Demons Days is best.
>>
>>61259731
Same reason Daft Punk does
He doesn't want to be recognized on the streets and characters are more marketable than "Some ugly guy"
>>
I think Gorillaz albums as a whole are really boring. They have some good singles, but that's not really my thing.
>>
>>61259731
Creativity. Art. Some people like creating worlds and stories, and that's really apparent in the cartoons and movie they tried to make. Sometimes, it's just as simple as people want to, not some whole marketable, capitalism ploy. It's like saying, why did Peter Silberman make Hospice involve cancer instead of just a traditional break-up song/album? "It's because cancer is more marketable and quasi-sad!!!"

Sometimes, that's just how people picture their own creative thoughts.
>>
>>61259876
This. The story is actually pretty wide and enjoyable to read about, Rise of The Ogre can be found in a PDF somewhere on the internet...
>>
Also, you can't really call yourself a band when you're literally one person who does everything musically, and one person who animates and does visual shit.
>>
>>61260198
Well, it is a band with fictive members.
>>
>>61257778
This post was literally fucking 1 away from being quads.
>>
>>61251040
I wish there were more people on here like you
>>
>>61259288
that's your opinion, I guess

i will agree, though, that tct is one of their best songs, but the rest of the album just didn't click with me. clint eastwood was okay but it also had some cringy lyrics
>>
>>61261559
What was weird with Clint Eastwood?
>>
>>61250488
Cool band
>>
>>61250488
blur was better, I don't care for the rap shit, pretty much blur 2.0 with rap though
>>
I absolutely love Demon Days, even when I listen to it today, I pretty much love every song. I would give it a 10/10 if it wasn't for me not being sure if nostalgia is the reason why I like it so much as I listened to it for the first times in a nice part of my life.
>>
>>61262618
I'd argue that it retains pretty unique qualities. Only reason why I wouldn't give it a 10/10 is that there's some tracks that are pretty redundant and don't stand out, with no real distinguishing factors. They're few and far between, but that's the only thing keeping it from being a 10/10 for me at least.
>>
>>61262773
the worst songs in my opinion are demon days, white light and don't get lost in heaven, but I still like them, but yeah, the whole album is probably still a 9.
>>
>>61262829
Fire Out Of A Monkey's Head + Don't Get Lost In Heaven + Demon Days is a cool album closer though
>>
>>61263048
I like them as a closer, but not by themselves, I just think that they're the weakest from the whole album.
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.