[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your favorite moment on this album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
What's your favorite moment on this album?
>>
when it ends
>>
WHEN IT ENDS!
>>61249383
ah fuck
>>
>>61249383
*crowd goes nuts*
*several women faint*
*your entire family sheds a tear*
>>
The dreams in hilltop procession momentum gaining
Every moment
Stop being contrarian guys this album is a solid 9/10
>>
>>61249637
TAKE ME AWAY FROM THIS FOOD CHAIN LINK
>>
When that weird rubber duck noise comes in during Animation 4 and it transitions to the other section
>>
>>61249377
>accordion on Black Foliage: Itself
>climax of I Have Been Floated
>all of California Demise
>the part when the guitar first comes in in Sylvan Screen
>make make make make make make
>turning outside gray into blue
>>
>>61249377
In Hilltop momentum when Bill sings the legato melody for "gaining" as if he's actually gaining momentum.
>>
>>61249889
Actually, the musique concrète part in Animation 1 is better
>>
when Jeff comes in on I Have Been Floated
>>
This is one of the best albums of all time and probably the best fusion of pop and musique concrete or even the best fusion of psych and musique concrete.
>>
>>61250053
I agree

Did anyone ever notice that the opening track is literally itself backwards?
>>
File: 1359871086201.png (14 KB, 497x501) Image search: [Google]
1359871086201.png
14 KB, 497x501
>SO LONG, SEKU
>GOODBYE, WREN
>>
how much longer
>>
>>61250097
You mean that the track was copied, reversed, and laid back on the original? So, it's symmetrical, in a sense.
>>
The banjo part on Sylvan Screen
>>
>transition in Animation 4
>final chorus of I Have Been Floated
>The dream story thing at the end of Hilltop Possession, and the ending after that
>That harp(?) sound before the first verse in A Place We've Been
>The begging of Paranormal Echoes
>The end of the Sylivan Screen
>the vocal effects on the "In the blink of an eye you get several meanings" part of A Peculiar Noise Called Train Director.

I think this is the most interesting album from the Elephant 6 group, not that ive heard everything in it. I'm not saying its the best, but its the one I can still listen to years later and still ponder about.
>>
>>61250116
Any idea what this is in reference to? I know a long time ago my buddy said it was a Burroughs reference, but now he's dead from doing heroin so I don't know anymore.
>>
>>61250306
Yes that's exactly what it is. Its Just something I found out messing around with shit in Audacity.
>>
>peculiar noise
Most underated song
>New Day
Best track
>I have been floated/ black foliage (itself)
Worst track
>Another set of bees in the museam
As well as favorite moment
>>
>>61250357
I read in the comments for the song on songmeanings that it's supposedly a reference to Egyptian mythology relating to the seven souls or something like that. Not sure whether or not it's true, though.
>>
>>61249997
This desu
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.