[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The Beatles become available on Spotify >suddenly /mu/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 2
File: what the actual fuck.jpg (74 KB, 335x478) Image search: [Google]
what the actual fuck.jpg
74 KB, 335x478
>The Beatles become available on Spotify
>suddenly /mu/ starts talking about them

It's true, /mu/ uses Spotify, fucking plebeian board
>>
The Beatles were talked about heavily before they were on Spotify
>>
Why do you dislike Spotify, friend?
>>
>>61248506
Bro only plebs would not preview music before listening to it.
>>
Spotify is a great service

Downloading music from illegal sources like some 90's warezlord because you can't afford $10 a month to have easy and legal access to tons of music is for poor people (also known as plebs)
>>
>>61248506

Wow and suddenly spotify is even more pleb
>>
>>61248506
Taylor please go
>>
>Not using Spotify to see if an album is worth a listen before you waste a what.cd download
>>
There's a little friend called uTorrent, look it up plebs
>>
>>61248549
Spotify doesn't even put up experimental albums, the site itself is so pleb it hurts
>>
>>61248549
>because you can't afford $10 a month
You're a massive pleb if you think the fee for opting in to premium is the only reason people don't use Spotify.
>>
>>61248614

>experimental albums
>2016
>being an avanteen

>>>/reddit/
>>>/rateyourmusic/
>>
Spotify is GOAT for mobile use. Best way to check out a new album while you're on the go.
>>
>>61248598
>uTorrent
looks like you're the pleb now, friend
>>
REEEEEEE
>>
>>61248632
It's surprising you don't know the irony of your post
>>
>>61248641
I'm REEEEEing at your REEEEEE
>>
>>61248598
is this some metacommentary about how uTorrent has more ads than Spotify and whatever spyware shit these days (qbittorrent please)?

I seriously think that Spotify is a far superior service for listening and discovering music compared to torrents, Soulseek or even early Napster. It is in my experience the single best thing that has ever happened in making it easy to access a wide range of music and it's even legal - IMHO there's nothing to not like beyond it being a tremendeously unfair model for independent or small publishers unless you're too poor to spare $10/month to music (and the alternative of being a modern day warezlord is no better for the small guys).
>>
>>61248598
>uTorrent

ahahah and then he he called us plebs !
>>
>>61248614
You can import what they don't have
>>
>>61248633
This, worth the $ especially if you don't have a computer
>>
>>61248598

>uTorrent

embarrasing
>>
>>61248688
how do you do that?
>>
>>61248598
>uTorrent
lmaoing @ ur life
>>
>>61248614
Spotify has a lot of weird and experimental music and what's up there is not up to Spotify but the publishers

It's true that there are genres and niches it doesn't really cater to, but it doesn't make Spotify an incredible deal for what it does offer.
>>
>>61248622
wrong, you're a massive pleb for caring about the way people access and listen to music
>>
>>61248700
You do it to your own library last I checked. Iirc preferences - upload local files and choose whatever you want.
>>
>>61248506

It wasn't only Spotify
>>
>>61248723
I don't give a fuck if you use YouTube to MP3 converter or record songs off the radio on your phone.
However, if you're just blatantly not aware of the advantages to downloading, it says a lot about how you listen to music.
>>
Couldn't it just be because it's in the news? I mean you're talking about it now, do you use spotify OP?
>>
ITT:"Pleb"
>>
>>61248785
this desu. It's only shitty neo/mu/ that thinks Spotify isn't pleb.
>>
Someone give me one advantage to specify that you don't have downloading music.
>You need internet on your phone to listen to anything.
>You need to pay for it not to be shit.
There's a difference between having enough money for a service and paying for something that gives zero advantages over the free alternative, plebs.
>>
>>61248723
Man, of course it's much easier that way if you have good internet connection and if it's available all the time and if everything you listen to is there on spotify... don't you think that's already too many ifs? And even if you are ok with all of that and tons more then there's always the quality problem and it doesn't just go away you know. Honestly I've been listening to music for a lot of years on daily basis for many hours now, and the best way (I consider it so much better that that's the only one I still perceive really) is building your own library on HDD from high-quality digital sources and using nice software on top of it for easy managing and accessing at any time. It may sound like a hassle and maybe compared to some ways it is, but really it's not THAT much of a hassle if you know where to get stuff and most of those places are up there in the sticky. After spending just a few hours for downloading most of your favourite music from the internet and setting things up you'll have instantaneous access to your music which has better quality (that's an obvious one) AND comfort (things are faster and easier since no bullshit apps and internet to slow things down, just a few mouse clicks and immediate guaranteed playback).
>>
>>61248632
Go back to Reddit.
>>
>>61248895

if you don't think the search and easy listening of Spotify when the music is available is not superior than any illegal downloading bullshit you're used to then I don't know what to say

it's just fucking convenient in a way that searching some torrent tracker, downloading the torrent and listening with some music player individually can ever be even if you are some superneckbeard-level linuxlord with incredible scripts
>>
>>61248990
So what you're saying is that downloadin is better and spotify is for people that are too lazy or/and are too stupid to do it efficiently and would end up filling their pc's with malware?
Ok enjoy throwing money in the trash
>>
>>61248990
Man, you don't need any scripts, decent players (even foobar) already have libraries and all that built-in, you just need to spend an hour to learn how to actually use it and maybe customise to your liking, set up a library folder or something, everything else is automatic. It's been that way for years now, I don't know what bullshit you think listening to music is, it's fucking easy, and probably all the tools you need are already there on your pc, you just don't know how to use them.
>>
>>61248990
What? It takes like 10 minutes at most to download an album you're looking for no then it is available to you forever(offline or online) at muh more convenience and at higher quality than what is on Spotify.
I mean, if you need to listen to an album IMMEDIATLY and you don't give a fuck about quality(which, tbf, if you're willing to use Spotify you don't), it'd be faster using YouTube than Spotify.
>>
>>61249075
>10 minutes

that's exactly 10 minutes more than being able to listen to stuff when you want to or mobile and it's a longer time than you think

you're most likely poor or a delusional neckbeard looking for reasons why you are "better" than "plebs"

it's a huge leap in convenience and if you don't realize this and the value of it generally I don't know what the fuck I can say

Have fun rationalizing why your "Internet expert" ways are better than an actually convenient service available to anyone, I guess. Some day you will have a job with a stable income with no time to spend to find out what the coolest warez scene is and you will appreciate paying money for a legal good service with no inconvenience and superior service rather than jumping through some bullshit hoops like some Internet audio format IRC quiz or whatever to save the princely sum of $10 monthly that you currently can't afford to pay - not to mention how incredibly inconvenient it would be for you to actually pay for the music you enjoy listening to separately to the people who make it possible.
>>
>>61248614
Bullshit, they've got this album.
>>
>>61248669
>tremendeously unfair model for independent or small publishers

It's perfectly fair. What are they supposed to do, subsidize small artists?
>>
File: elton517jFnuqtcL._SL500_AA280_.jpg (20 KB, 280x280) Image search: [Google]
elton517jFnuqtcL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
20 KB, 280x280
>>61249229
>>
>>61249218
Seriously fuck off it's obvious that you're a teenager that hasn't paid for a single thing in your life your parent pays for your phone, your connection and your shitty app whenever you have to pay for your own shit (if you ever have) you'll know how much better it is to not waste your money on petty shit and if you were actually passionate about music you'll understand how much better it is to buy music you actually like with the money you saved not using some shitty service that gives a fraction to the artist.
Faggot
>>
>>61248990
Spotted the tech illiterate
>>
>>61249298
How old are you? 20? Holy Christ you're obnoxious.
>>
>>61249298
>you'll understand how much better it is to buy music you actually like with the money you saved not using some shitty service that gives a fraction to the artist.

I bet you never buy albums.
>>
>Complains that Spotify doesn't pay artists enough
>Pirates all of his music anyways

/mu/ in a nutshell
>>
Only underage fags, moral fags and normies use Spotify
>>
>>61249218
Those ten extra minutes are gained back in the time you spend waiting for Spotify to load over a years time. And no, it's not longer than 10 minutes anon. I've done it enough to know how long it takes.
I'm not trying to tell you I'm better than you, I'm trying to tell you that the free alternative is more conventiant in the long run, the files are of better quality, the selection is much larger and everything is available offline.
I'm also not sure why you think you need to be an ultimate haxxor to download soulseek or go on the archive. I'm at the low end of computer literacy for people on 4chan and I can get by just fine.
If you want to pay money to Spotify for providing you with Less music than is available through downloads at a worse bitrate, that's your business but turning this into an argument about whether I think you're a pleb or not has nothing to do with which is better.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.