[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm not the biggest Beatles fan, but I've heard all
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
I'm not the biggest Beatles fan, but I've heard all of their material and pic related is my genuine favorite. Is there something wrong with me
>>
No, that's one of their best releases
>>
>>61247808
Only if you're a woman.
But thats unrelated to the music.
>>
>>61247808
I'm the same OP, the Beatles are just really likeable (except for edgy contrarians/plebs)
>>
>>61247808
>Is there something wrong with me
Liking the Beatles, I would say.
>>
no, you like less traditional pop music

the single songs on Magical Mystery Tour hold up to any other Beatles hits - indeed Magical Mystery Tour, The Fool on the Hill, I Am The Walrus, Strawberry Fields Forever, Penny Lane and All You Need Is Love on the same album is a pretty incredible backbone

now, historically MMT suffers from most of the big songs being stand-alone single releases before the album, so people saw MMT being a collection of recent singles rather than a great album supported by good single releases

- MMT came out in November 1967
- Hello, Goodbye / I Am The Walrus came out a few days before, obviously to promote the album
- ... but All You Need is Love/Baby You're a Rich Man came out already in July right after Sgt. Pepper's
- ...and Penny Lane / Strawberry Fields Forever came out in February months before Sgt. Pepper's

...so as far as I know Magical Mystery Tour wasn't really properly appreciated for it's content because a third of the stuff had come out months before the album, so it felt like a collection of recent singles. (can't be bothered to check the timeline for US releases to see if there's something else there...)

If you just look at it in terms of the music on the album, I absolutely agree that Magical Mystery Tour is one of the greatest Beatles albums
>>
>>61247899
>tripfag
opinion le discarded
>>
bro im 16 i dont care about the beatles ok dad
>>
>>61247954
You booger head
>>
>>61247954
underage b&
>>
>>61247808
It's one of the best psyche-pop albums of it's time.
>>61247944
>so people saw MMT being a collection of recent singles rather than a great album supported by good single releases
Not if you were from North or South America, Russia or Australia.
>>
>>61247899
Hi there!
You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!
Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>>
>>61248092
eh, if it isn't that, I don't see why you wouldn't see it as an incredible Beatles album

I can see being disappointed if Flying and Blue Jay Way are about the only tracks you haven't heard before, but taken as it is MMT has a lot of classic Beatles tracks and can honestly rival any other Beatles album for stand-out tracks - it's actually probably the Beatles album with the highest concentration of top tier tracks
>>
>>61247808
No, you're right
>>
>>61248121
lmao, as someone who doesn't pay attention to tripfags, is this actually how you do it?
>>
>>61248255
I guess my point is that the people who saw it as "a collection of shit we already heard" are pedantic revisionists, so I don't see why you even brought it up.

When it was originally released, it was either
1) an EP in Europe and Asia that acted as a soundtrack to the movie; in this case, the listeners didn't think it was a compilation, sicne it was all new songs from the movie
2) an LP as we know it in North and South America, Russia and Australia; since they didn't see the film and were accustomed to proper albums featuring singles, the listeners thought it was a stand-alone album and didn't see it as a compilation.
>>
No, its a fantastic album.
>>
8/8
>>
No, nice album

Strong 6.5/10
>>
no that's a perfectly respectable opinion but revolver has tomorrow never knows, i'm only sleeping, and for no one so i can't agree with it
>>
>>61248360
I was just trying to point out that it has a worse reputation than it deserves if you go by contemporary reviews and reception and that I think that the lack of hype from the UK and Europe has influenced how US public has reacted to the album
>>
>>61248121

Pastafags are worse than tripfags. Do you have a word document you keep that shit saved in or something?

FYI, I wouldn't have even realized he was using a trip if you hadn't said anything. Why would you ever look at any part of a post other than the body?

Unless this was a dubs thread, of course.
>>
>>61248517
Oh my bad it is
>>61248255
>>
>>61248517
>Pastafags are worse than tripfags.
What's even worse are Scruffifags
>>61248464
>I was just trying to point out that it has a worse reputation than it deserves if you go by contemporary reviews and reception
Like what?
>>
MMT and Revolver are two of my favorite Beatles albums of all time. No albums previous to them, or after them, for that matter sounded like these two albums. (Plus it's good music. Fuck the haters. I like The Beatles)
>>
>>61248643
Anthony fantano is definitely worse then scaruffi.
>>
>>61249282
Which of the two is an actual musician?
>>
>>61248454

For No One is probably one of the most underrated Beatles songs there is.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.