[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I feel like I'm the only one who wants scribbling :/ please
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
I feel like I'm the only one who wants scribbling :/ please make it happen /mu/, lastfm is shit
>>
I'm really excited for the possibility of API, that itself probably isn't going to happen. I'm excited they met their goal though.
>>
Yeah, the scrobbling was the only thing I wanted, I gave up on last.fm after the reboot but I'd like a way to keep track of music I've heard without necessarily rating it. I have no interest in rating singles.
>>
>>61243085
>lastfm is shit

Lol no.
>>
>>61243703
>this new
>>
>>61243703
who even goes on the last.fm site... an aesthetic change doesn't matter at all to me honestly.The cover art thing sucks though. As long as I can make charts I don't give a shit.
>>
>>61243085
How does "scrobbling" alone take 20 thousand dollars to develop?
>>
I actually want TV seres for the movie site. I thought they were gonna do that anyway but I don't think the goa is reached. Like what the fuck.
>>
I want fucking apps
>>
>>61243720

I've had last.fm since 2005 and I've been coming here since 2010. You said you want scrobbling... last.fm has scrobbling and it's perfect. What you want is social interaction (groups, forums and whatnot) guess fucking what RYM has that. Stay on RYM, last.fm is for people who actually like music. We don't spend all day rating thousands of albums we haven't listened to.
>>
>>61243768
several weeks to months of dev time and testing, sounds about right, maybe even a bit cheap
>>
>>61243805
the last.fm corporate bigwigs are invading
>>
>>61243805
last.fm doesn't encourage discovery like rym does for me. I've listened to all kinds of things that I would've never found. Someone who loved music wouldn't even want to catalog it and show off how interesting their music taste with a tapmusic collage
>>
>>61243805
Sonemic scrobbling would be handled differently, read the blog. Basically:

>This approach has the advantage of having a clean, correct log of your data that correctly references the music in question. If you log a song by "Nemesis" then Sonemic will know that you like "Nemesis", not "One of 20 different bands that are named Nemesis".
>>
>>61243805
>last.fm has scrobbling and it's perfect
no, it's not. recommendations on the site are shitty, and if that weren't bad enough, the new version barely even gives recommendations anymore. on top of that, scrobbling classical was and is shit.

social interaction isn't much to ask for, either. what would it take to simply recommend me shit that my friends who have "Super" compatibility are listening to that i don't?

and if you're going to just say "well the SCROBBLING ITSELF works just fine" you're not being helpful here. anyone could design a scrobbler, but it's not useful unless you can do things with it.
>>
they're not going to earn another 60k in 5 days, sorry that you'll have to keep using last.fm for all your narcissistic posturing :/
>>
>>61243899
Similar artists has opened hundreds of doors for me on last.fm, same with zoning in on users who have similar tastes to me. You're letting what you see of last.fm on /mu/ blur your views on the site.
>>
>>61243918
>If you log a song by "Nemesis" then Sonemic will know that you like "Nemesis", not "One of 20 different bands that are named Nemesis".

Lets be real here it what case does this actually matter? Hint, it doesn't.

>>61243965

Nobody is forcing you to use last.fm. Keep using RYM nobody cares. Btw scrobbling is perfect on last.fm
>>
The scrobbling stretch goal is extremely high, it has no reason to be so crazy high and it makes me doubt their honesty.
>>
File: Yha Hamaraa.jpg (8 KB, 150x134) Image search: [Google]
Yha Hamaraa.jpg
8 KB, 150x134
>>61243984
not true, I never fucking listen to anything you idiots say. You're the most biased people on the internet. That is a good point though, I forgot about that feature t b h, but I would have never discovered something that I love completely out of left field like rym did.
>>
>>61243758
>The cover art thing sucks though.

You can add art now though.
>>
>>61243965
>scrobbling classical was and is shit.

RYM is shit for classical too.
>>
>>61244025
because it's not their top priority, they planned to bring up the video game site first
>>
>>61243768
It requires a shitload of server space.
>>
>>61244059
You have to look at the far end pages of similar artists for the left-field ones.
>>
can they put scrobbling first instead of a video game site
do we really need to see another top ten list with ocarina of time and half life 2 or whatever
>>
>>61244734
This.
>>
Why the fuck are they making a game site?
There's already a site for that, Gamefaqs.
>>
>>61243085
I'm going mad without last fm, please sonemic
>>
>>61244783
You could say the same about all media related rating sites and amazon.
>>
I sort of want another site for scrobbling since last.fm is ruining itself but at the same time I'm a little hesitant about discarding 5 years of recorded music taste progression desu.
>>
>>61243085

i only want scrobbling if they simply copy old lastfm and you can transfer your scrobbles from there over. im worried its gonna turn even more normie than it already is with fucking gamers on there. hopefully gamefag manchildren wont take over the music charts and have steam powered iraff and the silent hill soundtrack as 5 star albums.
>>
>>61244474
Yet it's probably one of the most requested features from the RYM userbase. It's also not that complex to implement, relative to the other stretch goals. They are already writing an API, what's one more method on it? They put it that high to see if the RYM userbase could put out all that cash.
>>
>>61244783
Because this one will have actually accurate ratings.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.