[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where do I start with these guys?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7
File: lebatles.jpg (154 KB, 1200x627) Image search: [Google]
lebatles.jpg
154 KB, 1200x627
Where do I start with these guys?
>>
File: 106155_front.jpg (130 KB, 640x739) Image search: [Google]
106155_front.jpg
130 KB, 640x739
Pretty much
>>
chronologically, listen only to singles and studio albums
>>
>>61242410
I did this. It's boring at the start tough. Rubber Soul and on is GOAT, so plebmode is starting from there
>>
>>61242395
this is honestly a decent answer

you can see their progression from a pub band, to a boy band, to a studio project. you can hear all their most revered/best songs. its fun and there's some lovely visual accompaniments.

I'd say listen to Help, Revolver, and Abbey Road to start with. then explore in either direction as you see fit. listen to as many singles as you want, they were more known for individual songwriting than for constructing cohesive albums (case in point, The White Album)
>>
Hard Days Night
Rubber Soul
Revolver
Sgt. Peppers...
Magical Mystery Tour
The White Album
Abbey Road
>>
File: FRCBmns.png (329 KB, 663x560) Image search: [Google]
FRCBmns.png
329 KB, 663x560
or go chronologically
>>
>>61242366
1 is a great way to get a feel for their evolution

revolver and abbey road are probably their most classic albums

sgt. pepper and magical mystery tour are weirdo drugs beatles

the white album has both their best material, and their worst, by a pretty huge margin (i.e. happiness is a warm gun and obladi oblada respectively)
>>
>>61242366
pet sounds
>>
>>61242431
A Hard Days Night, Help! and The Beatles for Sale are all fine and imo where they started to fine tune themselves up.
>>
>>61243560
The White album was just to long for what it was, it would have been fine if it were two albums.
>>
File: uh.gif (1 MB, 256x325) Image search: [Google]
uh.gif
1 MB, 256x325
>>61243560
>ob-la-di, ob-la-da
>bad
>>
Does anyone prefer Let it Be...Naked to the original? I feel like I'm the only one.
>>
>>61242366
What is it with all these oasis threads tonight?
>>
>>61243737
I dont think anyone's listened to Naked. It's far superior.
>>
>>61243737
I do but only slightly. The material just wasn't that great, especially compared to the stuff they'd just worked on (the best of the White Album) and what they'd work together on in a few months (Abbey Road).
>>
>>61243833

I can't even listen to the original Across the Universe anymore. All that slowing down shit sounds bad.
>>
>>61243737
the naked version of across the universe is infinitely better than the regular version

i listened to let it be naked before let it be, i prefer naked way more than the wall of memery phil spector turned it into
>>
>>61243737
I just falled in love with the 1970 original release, the strings and backing vocals on The Long And Winding Road just make me cry. also, the little moments on that album like Dig It, Maggie Mae, John talking funny shit and playing with the instruments are so fucking great. LIBN has Don't Let Me Down tho
>>
Chronological. Bare with it tho imo their earlier stuff is the worst. Except Anna (Go With Him) and some others. The later they released it the more refined their production is. Voices sound better, lyrically better, production is more tripped out cause of drugs but it's one bands that benefitted from drugs
>>
i don't really care what anyone says, early beatles is just shit filled with some scattered hit songs, most of it is just lame teenage girl pop music

rubber soul is where they started actually being good
>>
>>61244116
some early songs of their are actually pretty good and catchy, twist and shout, i saw her standing there, ahdn. i think the transition to the beatles we all love started with Yesterday
>>
>>61244116
This is the most accurate answer here. Before Rubber Soul they do have good songs but no good whole albums.
>>
>>61244154
that's what i mean by 'hit songs'

there's some good hit songs on their early albums, but by and large the other songs on the album are just so unbelievably mediocre
>>
>>61244213
Well, those albums were decent for THAT period of time, those songs just sound very silly today
>>
File: image.jpg (118 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118 KB, 1000x1000
>>61244183
Who else /Help/ here
>>
>>61242366

as a girl who has listened to a LOT of music i will say the beatles are very overrated pop. i recommend listening to swans they're actually very talented and my favorite album is the great annihilator i think you should listen to it if you want to listen to real music and not some cheesy pop music made for lazy people ok
>>
File: b8 berserk.jpg (149 KB, 680x989) Image search: [Google]
b8 berserk.jpg
149 KB, 680x989
>>61244257
>>
>>61244257
you're not very good at this
>>
>>61244257
Here's your (You)
>>
>>61244222
>those songs just sound very silly today
exactly, they should be seen as trash now
just like a good chunk of their discography
>>
>>61244317

well what is your favorite band then? because swans are actually good i wouldnt make that up atleast listen to the music before you judge. i listened to the beatles and its just generic in my opinion
>>
>>61244366
quit while you're ahead
>>
>>61242366
Nowhere, save your time and interest by not looking into these talentless twats
>>
File: b8.png (128 KB, 308x308) Image search: [Google]
b8.png
128 KB, 308x308
>>61244257
>>
Start with the Cum Holocaust
>>
>>61243560
>1 is a great way to get a feel for their evolution
1 focuses way too much on the first half of their recording career, when they were still basically a boy band.
>>
>>61244394

quit what? this is a music forum and im discussing bands i like and letting you know why music u like are overrated.. you cant even defend the music you like so u spout nonsense. i feel sorry for you
>>
I listened to Sgt. Peppers first and I hated it at first until and Abbey Road too until I fell in love with both and then started to lurk into their discography, probably not the best option though
>>
>people hating early beatles
Fucking fags
They all are solid 7/10s and AHDN and Help! are GOAT
>>
>>61242366
nice try viral marketer
>>
>>61244616
Yeah because the most popular band of all time totally needs to viral on here.
>>
>>61244558
i cried on my first abbey road listen

that medley ending got me
>>
Just listen to everything desu. The Beatles are such a huge force in popular music that it's honestly worth becoming familiar with their entire discography.
>>
>>61244562
>They all are solid 7/10s

they are at best 5/10
>>
>>61242859
psych rock era is my fav
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.