[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is vinyl that much better than cd ? is it worth it ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: vin.png (138 KB, 371x339) Image search: [Google]
vin.png
138 KB, 371x339
is vinyl that much better than cd ? is it worth it ?
>>
It's fun to collect and on a good setup it will sound better if you take perfect care of your records.

Downsides are the recent vinyl fad thing is causing companies to price new records at fucking insane prices and people might call you a hipster.
>>
>>61240845
>hipster
how old are you exactly that people will still label you with that dumbass term?
>>
>>61240865
I guess my friends suck
>>
It's not really any better, but it's fun to collect if you have extra money and can afford a good set-up.
>>
>>61240950
How much does a good setup cost?
>>
>>61240731
it's pokeyman for hipsters. or maybe you're a musicologist, in which case you're not a hipster, you're an insufferable nerd
>>
I started a CD collection at the beginning of this year. I have a ton of cds now and collecting is great. I wish I collected vinyl but it's just way too expensive, the art is cool tho I like looking at them, maybe someday but I can't pay $50 for an album
>>
>>61240968
shutup you retard
>>
>>61241006
If you like classic rock it's easy to find old used records for a few bucks. New stuff is expensive though.
>>
fun to collect and own - especially if you like pre-90's music

with modern computers and smartphones feeling like they become unusable junk in 5 years, I really like the feel of having something as simple as a vinyl turntable and old records that still sound great

a fairly expensive hobby, though, when I was a poor student with no disposable income I went mp3 only, but now that I have stable income it's fun to buy records and go to record stores

good complement to mp3's and streaming for a music fun IMHO
>>
>>61240731
>is vinyl that much better than cd ?
No, it's worse, unless they fucked up the CD mastering and not the vinyl one.
>>
>>61241044
your reply, madam twistedtits :)
>>
I love the culture of records, i love having the packaging be large enough to inspect the finer details of the art and i just love looking at em. They have a very different but pleasing sounde and going to record stores and talking to the dudes there about records is a lot of fun.
I just wish the fad would die so people stop thinking an album is worth a fortune just because its in vinyl.
>>
>>61240731

No; no.

Vinyl collecting/listening is more of a hobby than a primary format of music nowadays. I still buy them, though.
>>
It's the linux of music cause only fat people and huge nerds like it
>>
I love vinyl, but the vinyl revival is a mistake. It's an evergrowing bubble, and I hope it pops eventually.
>>
>>61240913
23 here.
My friends suck too.
>>
>>61243000
It's fine around here.

There's a bunch of hipsters but there's no big vinyl hype like there seems to be in ameriland.
You do notice it when looking at prices online though.
>>
>>61243229
>>61243000
In Switzerland btw t b h.

Nice trips also
>>
>>61243000
HOW is it a mistake

i'd kill for tons of albums from the 2000s to get a vinyl press
>>
>>61243000
vinyl revival is fine, it makes my old records worth more and new albums that would never be pressed normally now are getting more attention.
>>
I dont even have dece record stores in this shithole
And an LP120 is $600
Im stuck with cds and the good ol' digital library
>>
>>61243316

Go vintage
>>
>>61243327
Guess what
Used market sucks too
>>
>>61243316
>And an LP120 is $600

u wot? It's like $250 for the silver one on amazon
>>
>>61243372
Well at least weeds legal
>>
File: image.jpg (315 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
315 KB, 1024x683
>>61241049
Objectively the best genre to buy records in is 12" and 7" hip hop and dance singles
>Less than $1 a white label at thrift stores and record shops
>Often just a few bucks more for new releases
>Learn to DJ, look like a badass just by enjoying your music
>profit
>>
>>61243035
>friends
ha, wish I had those as much as I did a nice tube speaker
>>
>>61243456
>your music

That's what's wrong with DJs and their culture.
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 700x525
>>61244340
That's "your music" as in "your" collection of vinyl records ya dingus. Who's to say you can't get your own tracks pressed either?
>>
CD is pretty much a redundant useless format for anything besides like road trips at this point, but the digital vs. vinyl is a valid thign to argue over.

It's fun to watch it spin I guess
>>
Getting into vinyl in this day and age is probably a bad idea. Kind of retro vidya, you would have been better off starting your collection at least 10 years ago. Too much price gouging everywhere, and most of the commonly available modern players are utter garbage.
>>
>>61244625
>CD is useless
It gets the job done, and well. It's lore practical and affordable than vinyl. I love vinyl as much as the next guy but i still rock a CD collection and I enjoy it. Plus there are CD releases that are never pressed.
>>
>>61246431
>Plus there are CD releases that are never pressed.

There are much more exclusive vinyl releases than exclusive CD releases
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.