[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why do people pretend they like death grips? makes them feel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: kek.jpg (152 KB, 620x396) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
152 KB, 620x396
why do people pretend they like death grips? makes them feel special or what?
>>
makes me feel like im the little girl senpai
>>
>>61239373

they like the bands image (angry black guy yelling into the microphone over crappy synths). no one actually likes that band
>>
>>61239373
death grip aren't really that out there
>>
many ppl actually like death grips tho since they have shit taste in music
>>
>>61239373
>>61239392
>trying this hard
>>
I think a lot of people want to start listening to them in the first place to fit in with everybody else or at least understand what all the fuss is about, then I think a lot of people actually end up enjoying the music because they have extra motivation to get into it in the first place.

I got rec'd them when Exmil originally came out but was like, 16 at the time so did the whole "wow just a homeless guy screaming" thing. Then when they became a meme I figured I'd give them another try and got into them properly.

I imagine there's a bunch of people that do just pretend to enjoy them though.
>>
>>61239373
>>61239404
Bro Death Grips are god tier fuck of back to Contrarian land you memers.
>>
File: 1449810036410.jpg (34 KB, 500x335) Image search: [Google]
1449810036410.jpg
34 KB, 500x335
What's wrong with being a special snowflake? Jealousy much? Angry you're boring and we're not? LAMOA
>>
I'm from Sacramento. No one here knows who Death Grips is.

Zach Hill is a cool dude.
>>
>>61239373
I actually pretend to not know them. too embarrassed
>>
>>61239417
i tried to listen to them and like them, i just dont get it, like is there some hidden message in there?
>>
>>61240100
I find that there first album works really well as "Bangers" tracks which yo could rock out in a club to assuming you can handle the abrasiveness, but in addition to this are really detailed and well thought out with each track packed with a bunch of really cool synths all tied together by great drum beats.
>>
File: smol.png (104 KB, 210x217) Image search: [Google]
smol.png
104 KB, 210x217
>mfw people dislike a band therefore they have to make out like people who like that band are objectively wrong, and actually don't bring any discussion, points or reason to the front, they just act oblivious and passive aggressive and whimper on the ground in pure denial and loneliness
>>
TMS and GP are pretty good albums imho
>>
File: 1449611080884.jpg (45 KB, 413x417) Image search: [Google]
1449611080884.jpg
45 KB, 413x417
>>61239373
I like how they sound
>>
I like the production, I think I would enjoy something more aggressive, not sure what genre I'd be looking for though.
>>
Government Plates is their only album that isn't embarrassing to admit you like.
>>
>>61239373
why do people claim people don't actually like death grips? makes them feel special or what?

Ya know, some people just enjoy music regardless of fanbase or feeling "patrician". Wouldn't expect /mu/ to understand
>>
>>61240017
there's absolutely no way you're from Sac because EVERYONE knows these dudes, get the fuck outta here
>>
People like to make fun of the mentally ill, so they pretend to like this band. Given the fact that he's black, white fans feel like they can get away with saying "nigga/nigger" now since they are 2 edgy, especially with the whole deep web album. Their music sounds like a shitty video game soundtrack glitching with some derelict screaming on the street corner.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.