[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
about to listen to this for the first time what am I in for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: 81ni71zIxIL._SL1406_[1].jpg (503 KB, 1406x1406) Image search: [Google]
81ni71zIxIL._SL1406_[1].jpg
503 KB, 1406x1406
about to listen to this for the first time

what am I in for
>>
radio head
>>
a boring album and you should listen to kid a instead
>>
>>61238751
the only radiohead song i've listened to is creep

is this album just creep for an hour
>>
I'M CUMMING UP YOUR ASS
I'M SO BORED WITH YOUR CUNT
YOU WON'T LIKE IT, SUGAR
TRY TO BE GRATEFUL
TAKE MY COCK YOU WHORE
ITS ALL YOU DESERVE

>what am I in for
bland pop music, listen to WHiTEHOUSE instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yv-4BquEH8
>>
a boring album, and almost all Radiohead is quasi-depressive pop music for pseudo-aesthetes who are early enough on their music-seeking journeys to get momentarily fooled into thinking this band is the real deal
>>
>>61238759
you're going to be disappointed, they peaked with creep
>>
ur in for a wild ride, my friend. a fricken wild ride...
>>
It's not boring at all, it's got a great atmosphere and the production was cutting edge at the time and still sounds incredibly slick now.
Emotive songwriting.
>>61238775
thanks scaruffi, although I do agree that "momentarily fooled into thinking this band is the real deal" has some truth: Radiohead are a brilliant entry point into a huge new area of music, but they're by no means the best at it.
>>
OP here

just finished

it's alright
>>
>>61238816
wow it only took you a whole 15 min, eh lad?
>>
>>61238813
>a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down...
that's what I think of most British "art rock" from Beatles on down to Radiohead: the only incartnation "rock" ever took that converted the practically the entire planet - something the stateside musicians themselves couldn't do with their own music.

go figure
>>
>>61238775
just buzzword me up senpai
>>
>>61238899
nice dub-dubs
I never shy away from buzzwords when they were invented for shit like this
>>
it's a neato album with neato songs by a neato band c:
>>
>>61238744
Paranoid Android + 11 tracks of filler

Kinda like how Pablo Honey is just Creep with 12 tracks of filler
>>
>>61238899
no no, you're right: let's lose the "quasi-": it's simply depressive pop music who cares what audience

does that work better for you?
>>
>>61238744
the greatest alt rock album that has ever been made.
>>
>>61238962
but it SOUNDS nice
>>
>>61238981
if you like how it sounds, then fine - but don't say I didn't warn you when you start to find it musically a bit dull and Yorke's way of emoting depressedly rather tedious...
>>
>>61238744
Slow down, you idiot.
>>
Pretty good op. Much like dsotm, this album finds a way to bridge the gap between a bit of experimentation and innovation but still keeping great pop melody's and some odd time signature stuff now and then. Thr band can be very tight at times. Enjoy!
>>
>>61238744
It's nearly as good as Kid A through it is let down slightly by stuff like Let Down, Karma Police and Electioneering do drag it down a bit (through their not bad songs). I especially don't like how Electioneering is placed right after Fitter Happier instead of Let Down.
>>
>>61238775
It's fully depressive.
>>
>>61238775
And ascribing it an audience or intent is silly. Address it on it's own terms if you want to be a critic, if not, fuck off.
>>
>>61239765
Imho let down is the best song on the album and one of radioheads best in general. Only sub-par track is subterranean but even thats pretty good.
>>
>>61239765
Fuck should have been Climbing up the walls.
>>61239791
Really? Climbing up the walls and No surprises are much better.
>>
Depends who old you are and how much music knowledge you have.
>>
Thom Yorke moaning over some pretty good music.
>>
>>61240177
10 year old edgy teens "Fukken 2 mainstream "insert X artist no one has ever heard of before" is way better and so authentic"
16 year old with more mature musical knowledge "OMG best radiohead album ever"
20 year old patrican "Still a god tier album but not Kid A"
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.