[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did they make one of the best hardcore/melodic hardcore album
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: BadReligionSuffer.jpg (25 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
BadReligionSuffer.jpg
25 KB, 300x300
Why did they make one of the best hardcore/melodic hardcore album ever and then created pop punk?
>>
I actually like all their shit until after stranger than fiction.
>>
>>61236536

>created pop punk
>who are the Descendents

Hell, one could make the case that the Ramones invented pop punk along with regular punk.
>>
>>61237103
Ramones did invent pop punk , but they werent related at all to the punk sound.
>>
Samefag
>>
>>61236536
one of the worst albums i\ve ever listened to. I had to stop after 4 songs because it was that shit.
>>
>>61238856
That's what you get for listening to pop punk though, should've seen it coming
>>
Hints of this album can still be found in some later tracks from other albums. The first three tracks of The Process of Belief for example.

Also, they got older.
>>
>>61236536
>then created pop pun
You clueless fucks need to put down the crack pipe.
>>
>>61238110
No fucking no.

The Ramones were an inspiration for other bands to get up and go and they surely did in their own manner..
>>
>>61240551
they weren't even DIY or particularly rebellious, the clash and the pistols were probably more influential in that regard
>>
>>61240578
Who do you think were a big influence on both the Clash and the Pistols?
>>
>>61240603
the ramones formed independently of the clash and the sex pistols though
>>
>>61240631
The early Clash and Pistols heard and saw the Ramones live and took cues from their approach.
>>
>>61240578
Pretty much all the major hardcore bands of the 80's credit the Ramones with being their inspiration, so you're fucking wrong there.
>>
>>61236536
This album isn't much different from their first album. It's just faster and has cleaner production.
>>
>>61240743
>>61240821
true, but i'd argue that that was largely a stylistic/musical influence
the ramones didn't have a particularly "punk" image to begin with, a majority of their output dealt with stuff like girls and cars and horror movies that didn't have much to do with the more politically charged bands that came thereafter, which is what i'd credit the pistols and the clash for
the ramones are more responsible for the straight-ahead style of punk: short, simple and fast, where the pistols were more traditionally rock n roll and the clash experimented with other styles of music
>i could be talking out my ass here tho
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.