[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi-Res and Headphones Discussion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Hnng.jpg (227 KB, 1332x999) Image search: [Google]
Hnng.jpg
227 KB, 1332x999
>Listened to music a lot forever
>finally bought a nice pair of headphones
>MSR7
>Want to know more about high res music and these headphones.

So I listen to a little bit of everything but mainly rock music. Opinions on choice? also, at what point is there too much quality to where my ears or these headphones will stop the extra quality? 96 Khz? 192khz? thanks for any opinions/help
>>
There's no reason to distribute or listen to music at 192 kHz. 96 maybe.
>>
>>61235406
Okay. From what i see, 44 Khz is the standard most of the time, and my files mainly consist of this, so im hoping to be able to hear the difference at least a bit. Will i love these if i have never had a nice pair before? compared to skull candy hesh's?
>>
>>61235463
It's mostly a gimmick. 16/44.1 is pretty adequate if it's properly done, 20 bits at ~60 kHz would be a hypothetically optimal tradeoff between (IIRC) noise and the characteristics of the anti-aliasing/imaging filters. But in practice the difference probably wouldn't be obvious. Above 96 is useless.

>Will i love these if i have never had a nice pair before? compared to skull candy hesh's?
I haven't used them but they're probably pretty good.
>>
I bought those headphones a couple months OP. I got myself a FiiO E10K DAC/Amp for use with my laptop and haven't looked back. I've used this tier of headphone (higher consumer grade quality without getting into super high-end audiophile territory; i am running from my laptop, after all) for almost a decade and this is my favorite setup yet.
>>
What kind of headphones should I be looking for if I'm going to plug them into an amp and jam on an electric?
>>
>>61235648
>>61235686
I really appreciate the feedback. I'm so excited. Considered getting a usb dac and then a amplifier.
>>
>>61235790
yeah, well keep your feet on the ground in your excitement so as not to become a fool parted with his money. you might not need a dac and an amp with those consumer level headphones is definitely a waste
>>
>>61235850
I got yuh, gunna definitely try them out first
>>
File: mdr1a.jpg (4 MB, 4896x3264) Image search: [Google]
mdr1a.jpg
4 MB, 4896x3264
>>61235342
Those look like an iffy rip off of my headphones t b h

lmao
>>
>>61236064
lol
>>
>>61235406
96khz sounds like shit. VBR0 should be the cutoff.
>>
I HIGHLY reccomend that you get an amp and dac. This is the amp and dac I have:

http://schiit.com/products/magni-2
http://schiit.com/products/modi-2

They're entry level, cheap and get the job done. Could be the last amp/dac you ever need.

Those headphones are great, at some point you might want to look into open headphones. I have a pair of Sennheiser HD 650s. Best headphones I've ever used.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.