[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what genre are you the worst offender of the "list goes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1
File: m.jpg (59 KB, 1024x769) Image search: [Google]
m.jpg
59 KB, 1024x769
what genre are you the worst offender of the "list goes on..." meme
>>
>>61235232
Modern Classical, wish I listened to more.
>>
>>61235255
this desu
>>
>>61235255
>>61235279
this desu
>>
>>61235232
shoegaze, all I have heard is MBV and Slowdive yet I think I really like shoegaze
>>
>>61235232
Classical
IDM
Bebop
World music as a whole (especially the Caribbean)
>>
idm
>aphex twin, boards of canada, autechre, the list goes on...
doom/sludge metal
>electric wizard, sleep, the list goes on
>>
>>61235232
A L L O F T H E M
>>
Pretty much Jazz in general, though I don't pretend to have any knowledge of it.

Way more egregious is me saying that I enjoy industrial techno when it's pretty much
>surgeon, female, regis, ancient methods, blawan, the list goes on...
>>
Ambient

there's just so much of it
>>
is no one else weirded out by how small that dude's hand is
>>
>>61235539
his fingers are bent so you can't see all of them
>>
>>61235583
no, you can still tell they are abnormally small by the palm size as well as the length of the middle finger.
>>
The Japanese one is
>Fishmans, Les Rallizes Denudes
Right?
>>
>>61235232
Underground hip hop
>>
>>61235863
no way

it'd be
Boris, Melt-Banana, the list goes on

Les Rallizes is too out there for the plebs
>>
>>61235908
I'm officially a Japanese patrish hell yeah
>>
>>61235908
The meme has to do with what's discussed on /mu/ though, and Les Rallizes Denudes is discussed quite a bit here
>>
>>61235837
Why are you so fixated on this?
>>
>>61235299
trust me, you've heard the two best shoegaze bands. (The Verve are in a close third for me.) make sure you listen to literally everything slowdive have released--the farther they stray from "shoegaze" the better they get.
>>
>>61235374
this 2 B honhon pham
>>
>>61235255
>>61235279
>>61235286
this desu
>>
>>61235444
but those artists are great entry points to hard techno. if I met you and you said you liked them i'd be super psyched. don't miss all Regis's side projects (seriously, all of them), Perc, Container, Paula Temple, RSS B0YS, UVB, SNTS, Truss, Computer Numerical Control, early Klock, Vatican Shadow
>>
>>61235232
>mu knows more about kpop than any other genra
>>
>>61235353
boris, melvins, sunn O))), earth, and doperlord maybe are all pretty good sludge bands
>>
prog
king crimson, yes, genesis and pink floy (if you consider them prog) are all that comes to mind
>>
>what do you listen to?
>...uhhh..early modest mouse..uhh

tfw you cant list bands off the top of your head for anything
>>
>>61237767
haha, yeah i was probably exaggerating a bit (love most of the producers you mentioned desu). speaking of, i would love another trade release - is sheworks/works the long nights pretty much dead?
>>
Metal in general, I've scratched the surface of most of the subgenres but nothing else.
>>
>>61237865
no clue, sorry mate. looking through my industrial techno collection i realized about half of it involves Karl O'Connor in some way. i need to branch out a bit myself
>>
Skramz

>Saetia, Orchid, the list could go on
>>
>>61237934
it's a surgeon/blawan collab - pretty great, though obv not as good as british murder boys.
>>
IDM for sure
>>
>>61237815
>sunn o)))
>earth
>"sludge bands"
Do you actually know what sludge is? Hint: drone metal =/= sludge
>>
>>61237962
oh i know trade and thought their release on sheworks was pretty good if a little overhyped. not sure if there's more on the way though
>>
>>61237847
camel, kingston wall, hidria spacefolk, tool, the doors too if you're counting pink floyd, rush, porcupine tree, opeth, karnivool, van der graaf generator, can, kansas, the mars volta, pain of salvation, emerson lake & palmer, gentle giant, hendrix, the list goes on
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.