[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How's the Line 6 Spider IV 4 30w? Is it good for metal,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
How's the Line 6 Spider IV 4 30w? Is it good for metal, shoegaze and prog rock?
>>
>>61228276
they sound like shit no matter what you play and are worthless

get a decent amp that has no effects and buy pedals later
>>
>>61228314
pretty much this
>>
>>61228276
it's bad for literally anything besides bludgeoning a small child to death but to be honest that's something that you shouldn't be doing and even if you were there are better tools to get that job done
>>
>>61228276
If you want a modeling amp go with a peavey vypyr tbqh
>>
i have one of these from like 10 years ago that i got when i was teenaged and retarded. don't be like me, get a normal-ass amp. it's bad for everything
>>
>>61228491
i will second this. I have one and it is not good
>>
>>61228465
this senpai
>>
Don't know why everyone's crapping on it. I've got a Spider Jam because I don't gig, I just play for fun by myself. Makes it really simple to play with cool tones. A lot easier than tons of expensive pedals.
>>
>>61230596
its hard to have fun when ur guitar sounds like shit unless u like that muddy sound
>>
>>61228491
same

even software amp sims sounds better
>>
Modelling amps are generally crap. You would have better results going with a software sim, since they actually use IRs that sound 90% similar to the real thing's cabinet.
>>
>>61230642
Dude my guitar cost $180. I really don't care all that much about crystal quality when I've only been playing for a bit more than a year.
>>
on the subject, can someone recommend me a decent tube amp in the $500-$800 range?
>>
>>61230786
maybe they've improved in sound since but when I had one in like 2004 it sucked imo
>>
>>61230786
my guitar cost 100, whats ur point? makes no sense to me to buy some pos when you could get something for a good price that sounds pleasant. if u like it thats cool tho
>>
>>61228491
Can second. When I was young and impressionable someone at a guitar store sold this to me. It's really really bad and sounds like shit. Don't use it.
>>
>>61230817
>>61230832
My ears can't tell the difference anyway. It's extremely useful for just playing. I plan on eventually upgrading my gear as I get more serious, but at the time for me it's pretty awesome.
>>61230717
Yeah check out Guitar Rig. I use it quite a bit when I just want to sit at my PC and mess around playing for a bit.
>>
>>61230896
I had fun with it for sure I just don't think the tone selection on my model sounded unique form eachother

imo it was good for practicing and not expensive
>>
I have one

sounds like shit
>>
>>61231019
It helps to get me to play more. For pretty much any song I can get an alright tone that fits and try to play. And to just mess around its cool.

https://soundcloud.com/geniswon/yes-please
I recorded this when I started practicing scales and stuff like that. I love that I'm able record my stuff right on the amp, overdub, stuff like that. I know that people will say the quality is bad but I don't really care. I listen to old Floyd concert bootlegs all the time, I enjoy it even without the sonic clarity.
>>
>>61230896

Guitar rig is shit. At least the free demo that I tried, it just sounded weak. IMO the only amp sims that got it right are Recabinet, Bias and S-Gear.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.